Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cheapest way to own compilation/sets/venues!

Comments

• EverclearBoyEverclearBoy Posts: 151 Member
    So since that sum of 787 sp is more than the 711 sp I need for Best of 2010 to be free @ 242, I shouldn't try to buy any other item from 2010, just buy the 25 sp item from Complete Castle and then get that entire set at Deal #969 and I should have a green download button? Sorry if I am not quite understanding this that well :/
  • MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    Yes, that's basically it @EverclearBoy. When deal #969 comes up, you buy an item from the set for 25 sp and then take the daily deal (you need to go to the page of the set, do not buy from the DD page, it doesn't take CYS into account there).
    With this

* Luxe Kidswears, 120/1000 sp, 88%
    - DD #936: Moon Rabbit Pajamas (20/75 sp)
    - DD #963: Tank Top Pajamas (20/75 sp)
    - DD #597: Night Flower Pajamas (35/75 sp)
    - DD #746: Luxe Kidswears (45 sp)

Is getting the Pom Pom Hat for 53 @ 566 a better way since it's original value is 100 SP? Right now I have Moon Rabbit and Tank Top and Deal #746 is showing 105 SP, 58 > 80?
    edited July 2018
    @EverclearBoy yes. I'll had it to the thread. I already have Luxe Kidswear (I think it came with a game?), so I didn't verify it as closely as the rest. I must have missed one deal when checking my DD list.

Edit: I sea what you mean!

With only Night Flower Pajamas, Tank Top Pajamas and Moon Rabbit Pajamas, Luxe Kidswear is at 45 sp on the DD, while PomPom Hat (which would make it free) is at 53 sp. So owning the four items is more expensive than owning the three.

BUT!

Owning Night Flower Pajamas, Tank Top Pajamas and PomPom Hat make Luxe Kidswear at 20 sp on the DD. 53+20 is cheaper than 35+45. So you are right @EverclearBoy, it's better to take PomPom Hat at 47% reduction than Night Flower Pajamas at 53% reduction. I'll correct the thread.
    Post edited by Merelhyn on
  • goodFeel93goodFeel93 Posts: 596 Member
    100 years...now it got it :smiley: Perfect now i can safe simpoints... and it's simple :smile:
    edited September 2018
    Had the Luxe Kidswear come around this morning, with the DD was 15 SP for a total of: 108 SP using the three items. Hope that helps

My Purchase order if it matters was: Moon Rabbit, Tank Top PJs, Pom Pom.
    Had the Luxe Kidswear come around this morning, with the DD was 15 SP for a total of: 108 SP using the three items. Hope that helps

My Purchase order if it matters was: Moon Rabbit, Tank Top PJs, Pom Pom.

Thank you, I corrected the thread (which estimated 20 sp for the DD for a total of 113 sp). Sometimes the store average prices in a strange way, I tried to be conservative in my estimates so it's good to test for real to adapt the estimations!
    Np happy to help, especially since this guide was very helpful for me!
  • SinYangSinYang Posts: 16 Member
    This page is very helpful especially when you combine it with the DD daily/cascade lists while using DD/CYS and to check against MMAO. Thanks, Softened the hit I took buying Sunlit, Russia sets @full prices when starting at the store using free points, many sets are in place or complete with a slight top up. :)
    Thank you! This list exploit DD/CYS but MMAO is a great way to go even cheaper!
    Just to make sure I have this right, I have 4 items each 75 SP normally for Runway Riot. According to the cheapest path for Runway there are 5 items listed, each of which are 75 SP normally. So just because I don't have those items exactly as long as I get one more from the Daily Deal that costs 75 SP I should be good to go to get Runway for 3 SP @ Deal 123 right?
    Yes, that it. Well, most probably for 5 sp since the DD tend to average prices.
    If it helps I had 5 items from Runway Riot each was 75 SP the SP price today at it's cheapest cost was 5 SP.
  • SinYangSinYang Posts: 16 Member
    May 2011 Compilation with Tiki, Mid-Century Fantasy, Pocketed Skirt and Sleek Chic = 130 CYS

*No Little Chilly dress (37) + Everyday Chic (135) dds ?? current Everyday Casual Chic CYS 1,055
  • SQU1DK1DSQU1DK1D Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi! I think I found a cheaper way to get January 2012. I got the Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings the way you outlined at the end (Want to go even cheaper?), got More Magic! for free through one of the Daily Deals, and my CYS for January 2012 is now 180! I don't own any of the other items in the set aside from the Year of the Dragon Set, which is free.
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @Merelhyn Thank you so much for this forum thread it has helped me tremendously to get some really great deals!! :)
  • KennywtcKennywtc Posts: 1 New Member
    Actually I encountered the MMAO deal of Aurora Skies Gold to get Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Centre, for 4232 sp. It includes
    Aurora Skies Gold + Futureshock Living + Malleable Mimic Voodoo Doll, which also lead to free March 2011 Compilation in DD #20
  • CoriandreCoriandre Posts: 90 Member
    Question : if I already own the Chun co Teppanyaki grill would I get the Best of 2012 for free if I buy the Stones Throw greenhouse on DD952 or would I also need to get the Magic Cauldron at DD805 to make it.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @Coriandre Do you own anything else from Best of 2012? The greenhouse set is probably worth a lot more than its 1,710 point standard price, but I doubt it's anywhere near the 5,832 points of the whole compilation. To get a set or compilation for free, you need to own items that, when their point values are added up, total at least as many points as the cost of the set. So you'd need to own more than just the greenhouse and the grill.

If you do buy the greenhouse and the Best of 2012 compilation still isn't free, you can wait and get the Itadakimasu set that the teppanyaki grill belongs to for free as well, on DD 489. The grill costs more than the DD price of the entire set, making it free. The items in the set are worth 1,930 points separately, so completing it would take an additional 1,378 points (subtracting the grill that you already own) off the total you need to buy to make Best of 2012 free.

Anyway, if you list what you own, people can help you figure out the cheapest way to make the compilation free.
    @puzzlezaddict Thank you for your response. The math of these is sometimes hard to understand. I do understand the basic of it. You get 10% off the price of a set and 90% off the full price of the items you own to calculate your CYS. In the case of the best of 2012 compilation, the price is 5832sp and I own the grill worth 552sp and this makes my CYS price at 4750sp; it works and the price is as expected. But sometimes, the math just doesnt make sense and I get the download button when I wasnt expecting it. The whole animal abound cascade is a good example.

I made a list of the sets I wanted and have been following this thread to acquire them. But I realized that many times items criss cross between compilations and it is better to go for the compilation than the separate sets as they create a cascade. When this happens, the CYS price does not always make sense. In my list, I have the Chun co grill, the greenhouse and the more magic set that I found on the same compilation. I then found this in a 2015 thread concerning cascades...

Best of 2012-- 910 sp
    - DD# 546: Chun Co Teppanyaki Grill (150 SP), it is also DD# 149, 160, 497, &579
    - DD# 952: Stones Throw Greenhouse (760 SP)
    - Best of 2012--- free!

The math just does not make sense, not even close.....although in the compilation, the greenhouse is not listed as a single item. All the items are listed separately and this might explain it. The method for obtaining the Best of 2012 in this thread is cheaper at 828sp but implies having to go through the rotation twice and buying many DD deals that you might miss anyways because they might end up in the middle of the night. The method listed above (if it really works) is much simpler and faster for 82sp more. I was just wondering if anyone had tried it.

I will try it and report back here. If it does not work, I will just do as you mentioned. Thank you !
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @Coriandre I'll be curious to hear whether it works as well. I wonder if the segment you're quoting is supposed to include some earlier purchases as well, for example if buying the Best of 2012 compilation is part of a sequence that involves first buying part of that compilation for another purchase. It seems strange that the greenhouse would be worth over 5,000 points just by itself.

The nice thing though is that if Best of 2012 isn't free, or even close to it, after you buy the greenhouse, you can wait just half a rotation and get the Itadakimasu set for free when it's on the Daily Deal. Hopefully that will at least bring down the compilation's price to something reasonable.
  • BlueSpaarkleBlueSpaarkle Posts: 92 Member
    edited December 2020
    @Coriandre and @puzzlezaddict - I can confirm that this deal with the Best of 2012 Collection is correct. If you own the greenhouse and the grill, the whole Best of 2012 Collection will be free. Actually, I looked into my purchase history from 2017 and I only bought the greenhouse on the daily deal and then got the whole 2012 Compilation for only 35 Simpoints.

When you get the Best of 2012 Compilation, make sure to check out the January 2012 compilation which should be around 200 SimPoints. Some other sets like Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings and Killer Classics should be discounted after that. I know its shocking how much you can get for so little SimPoints - you just have to know the right deals and cascades. The info you see here on the forum about all these deals is correct - I can confirm since I own the store today thanks to it.

EDIT: @Coriandre - I know you're skepcital because you're reading the old 2015 threads, but don't worrry, the whole Store, daily deals, the sales - nothing has been updated since, even the DD schedule is still the same as it was when I was collecting the sets in 2017. You even mentioned the Animal Abounds cascade which is a perfect proof that everything still works. The math doesn't always make sense and some sets just give you the download button super early. It could be EA's mistake but they obiously don't care since they didn't bother to fix it in the last 5 years. All you can do is enjoy all the free stuff you get! ;)
    Post edited by BlueSpaarkle on
    My Sims 3 Page: BlueSpaarkle
    ✿ Owning TS3 Store since June 2018✿
    @BlueSpaarkle Thank you so much for your answer ! That is great news. That will save me a lot of simpoints and open up other cascades like you mentioned.....looking at April 2012 also.

If you got the Best of 2012 compilation for 35sp after getting the greenhouse this means that the actual cheapest price for the compilation should read.

Best of 2012– 776 sp

- DD #602: India Inspiration- Tanchoi Touches Top (16/45 sp)
    - DD #952: Stone’s Throw Greenhouse (760/1710 sp)

That is a faster, easier and cheapest way of getting it. It is better that what is listed at the begging of this thread.

Still finding new things in 2020 ! Thank you !
    @puzzlezaddict I can confirm that it works as I just did it ealier on today. This is a great deal and in the same category as the Animal abounds cascade for value. I got it like this

Best of 2012-- 910 sp
    - DD# 546: Chun Co Teppanyaki Grill (150 SP), it is also DD# 149, 160, 497, &579
    - DD# 952: Stones Throw Greenhouse (760 SP)
    - Best of 2012--- free!

But as per the comments of BlueSpaarkle it is actually overkill. This combo would have still worked :
    Best of 2012– 776 sp

- DD #602: India Inspiration- Tanchoi Touches Top (16/45 sp)
    - DD #952: Stone’s Throw Greenhouse (760/1710 sp)
    Best 2012 free

This actually starts a big Cascade as after getting the Best of 2012
    DD #19 Enchanted Bundle of Dark Healing will be free giving you Lady Ravendancer`s book of spell
    DD #586 For the Gothic Library should be 215sp

Also, after getting the Best of 2012, my CYS on the January 2012 compilation is 180sp (3500sp value) and I owned nothing from this before.
    This gives you Steampunk kitchen, the edwardian kitchen set and Welcome back to 3 lakes set. A few DD deals on items in these compilation will make January 2012 free for around 50sp. After this, you can get Killer Classics for free at DD #892

Also, you can get the April 2012 for 71sp more :

DD #189 27sp
    DD #400 28sp
    DD #735 16sp
    DD #845 Haute Hacienda kitchen free
    April 2012 free

After this get the Haute Hacienda kitchen and dining set for free followed by Fabulous Fiesta for free

Basically, for around 1100sp you can get 2 venues, 10 premium items and a whole lot of other items.
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    @Coriandre - I know you made your purchase a month ago, but it is great to hear the cascade worked for you. It has been a few years since I experienced the joy of a great cascade like the Best of 2012 one.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top