Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expansion Gameplay Style: Favorite thing to do in Open For Business?

Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
edited April 2018 in The Sims 2
From selling junk off your lawn to running a restaurant, the OFB expansion pack brought us dozens of ways to make money without sending our sims off to work, something that's very useful if your LTW is to have 50 first dates or raise 20 puppies and kittens.

What's your favorite thing to do in OFB? Favorite type of business? Favorite crafting station? Your most successful business? Let us know down below!
Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
Post edited by Scribal_Goddess on

Comments

• Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    My favorite thing to do is to run a home business. I love I can have a store and have the hours stay consistent. Plus I can play the rest of the house as well.

Toy store! For some reason I have a obsession with making toy stores. Maybe because I play large families, so I can make new toys for the kids at the same time. :D

Actually I think my favorite station is the robot station. You can make some handy little gizmos with that! I even like it when they malfunction. :D

Most successful was a toy store..big surprise. Least successful was a bakery, that went badley..

• Options
    My favorite so far out of the businesses in New Edenia has been the swimming hole venue, even though people rarely swim because they'd rather socialize.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi :)

I enjoyed making a Family Park (venue). It had a pool, bowling alley, arcade, park with a stage, playground, BBQ area, Coffee stand and small shop. :)
    I don't remember if I have pictures. I don't use the lot because it was built as they earned money and I never saved it. :(

Oh, and I like the Fishing Club I created. It was fun-although I had to have the owner fish and then invite others to fish. It was still fun. It had a camping area and rooms to rent as if it were a Vacation lodge. I used the buffet table for Sims to eat although they could cook on the outdoor grills. :)

*I like the flower bench mainly for the snapdragon and what it can do for businesses (and pregnant Sims). :)
    Any venue is profitable.
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • Options
    mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited April 2018
    I can't even imagine a game without OFB! I honestly have to give a good think as to whether it or Seasons is the bigger gamechanger for me, I love it that much.

My favorite thing to do is create multi-use community lot businesses. An example, which is also my current most succesful business, is the tavern in my hood. There's a ticket machine at the door and as the business has gotten a pretty loyal following at this point, the price to be there per hour is quite healthy. Inside there are several pub games (most popular is the poker table) and a bar from where the owner serves drinks and also food for the patrons. Upstairs are a couple of bedrooms to be used by...whoever ;) and a private bathroom for the owner and staff. This business is immensely popular and of course, the more fun it is the more the Sims stay and the more the money rolls in. I hope to one day expand it into either a restaurant or an inn on the upper floors, but that comes later.

Favorite crafting station from the EP would have to be the toy bench. I adored the custom toys!

I think the business I'm most looking forward to running is my brothel, though. It functions much like the tavern but the addition of Cyjon's brothel mod makes it much more challenging to me.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    An idea I had for a new lot was a Beauty Spa. -which isn't new but I am going to see if I can add the juicers for Customers. That way when I play other Sims they can visit and get a "Boost." Such as Platinum mood. I don't know if the random badge or skills will work on a community lot yet but I'll see. It might not though so I'll know which kind to have on the lot. :)
  • Options
    Francais411Francais411 Posts: 34 Member
    My favorite thing was making a business that sold everything, keeping employees from complaining by using maxmotives, and just plopping down some random entertainment so I could charge sims for coming onto my lot. All this was possible because the family was already filthy rich, teehee.
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    An idea I had for a new lot was a Beauty Spa. -which isn't new but I am going to see if I can add the juicers for Customers. That way when I play other Sims they can visit and get a "Boost." Such as Platinum mood. I don't know if the random badge or skills will work on a community lot yet but I'll see. It might not though so I'll know which kind to have on the lot. :)

I've got a "skill on community lots" hack so eggplant juice would probably work in my game, but let me know if it works without the mod!
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    I love using it for the BACC :)
  • Options
    exyurockexyurock Posts: 25 Member
    I love using it because you can make multi part businesses, and make loads of cash for it! I love using maxmotives on all workers, lmao
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I usually like building my own malls in the game then having my sims buy the malls to sell their own items they create. I play with a very large house hold so all of the adult sims typically run the registers or replace the items.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios