This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Changing the size of pictures

Hiya.
I saw a video on YouTube and the girl had the season festival photos in bigger rectangle frames not the small square ones they come in. And the photo from the "take a romantic photo" in a huge frame.
How is this done?

Comments

• Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 692 Member
    :'( Pretty please - I want to know too!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited April 2018
    It's probably some of the frames from Ambitions called Graham's Large Digital Picture Frame or Graham's Super Digital Picture Frame in Decor > Wall Decorations. Electronics > Misc

You drag and drop any photo onto any one of Graham's digital picture frames.
    Post edited by Deshong04 on
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    @Deshong04 thanks, I've never used those before. I will give those a try!
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited April 2018
    @cleo00 They are really neat,you can even have a slideshow flashing.I did one of my daughters pics baby/toddler/child/teen/YA life stage it just slides through them while hanging so got to watch my little girl grow up over and over again.

Just put multiple pics in the same frame in the order you want

Also did one of Betty Simovitch in her different outfits flashed through Everyday,Formal,Sleepwear,Swimwear,athletic those frames are awesome I love using them.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,753 Member
    I have to endorse what CravenLestat said. The slideshow is a great addition and you can see all pictures your sim takes without hoarding the house.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    For those interested or never use it.Here it is an example.I just now took 3 pics of a sim put them in the frame and now till eternity it will slideshow whatever setup order you want.As mentioned so cute to have your kids birth to adult lifestage in a slideshow.It can hold quite a large collection I just am showing an example.

This is what it does on its own click play below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCA1e0OA2jI&feature=youtu.be

Really underrated item

@TreyNutz I love it <3 and since am a photography nutt been using those since day one I got them.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    I loved those frames, but everytime I reload my game they aren't showing the photos anymore. I have to take the photos out and put them back in to get them to show again. Am I doing something wrong?
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    @polrbear Hello there :p Honestly I never had an issue with them that I know of.But next time in game will check.One thing I don't do on my side is frame the pics I use in the frames I drag from my camera to the digital frame as far as can remember do it that way.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,293 Member
    Sigh... I miss those frames. But Sims 3 does not like my laptop's graphics card so I don't like to open it, then have to wait so long for it to load.
    image.png
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    polrbear wrote: »
    I loved those frames, but everytime I reload my game they aren't showing the photos anymore. I have to take the photos out and put them back in to get them to show again. Am I doing something wrong?

That happens to me as well. I have no idea why so I don't use the frames anymore. I hardly ever use the camera anyways, I never really enjoyed that part of the game.
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 692 Member
    Thank you @Deshong04 and @CravenLestat! I keep forgetting about those frames. I'm going to try them today.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    It won't let me put in greeting card photos or prom pics. Can you not do it with those?? That's what I saw in the YouTube video so that's what I wanted to do.
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 596 Member
    edited April 2018
    I wanted to like those digital frames, but every time I open the game the frame is blank and I have go drag the pics back into it.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @CravenLestat Cool video - I bet there are lots of people like me who never think of using those frames... <3
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    cleo00 wrote: »
    It won't let me put in greeting card photos or prom pics. Can you not do it with those?? That's what I saw in the YouTube video so that's what I wanted to do.

Can you link the YouTube video? You could also try asking them how they did it and what patch level they are on if you don't already know.

I do notice that greeting cards that were from base game (RH's such as the school/city hall/etc.) do not work with the digital frames. Trying the seasonal festival greeting card did work which is surprising why not the others since it looks like it appears to use the same frame.
    Screenshot-25.jpg

From what little I could find is that some say this used to be a feature before a patch broke it. I don't know. But I found out you can put paintings, sketch pad drawings and drawings from the drafting table in the digital frames. Doesn't show up perfect though regardless of frame size. Not sure if prom pictures work yet but I'm going to guess it isn't going to work for me. Also, photo booth pictures work besides the phone/camera photos.
    Screenshot-24.jpg
    Screenshot-28.jpg
    Screenshot-34.jpg
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I forgot about those! I used to use them all the time when I first got ambitions