Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wrong Thread. Please Ignore.

ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
edited October 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Anybody else a fan of the idea of a Sims Medieval game that plays like a regular sims game, where you can play as any sim you want and just live out their life, but of course this would take place in a medieval kingdom. I think it's the one way they could improve upon the Medieval game they all ready made, which I enjoyed a bunch, but have all ready completed every ambition. I think EA could make a whole new part of the sims series that based singular games on different time periods. I'm not hoping for historical accuracy, just an ability to play through different lives of different sims in time periods I've never and will never get to experience, all with a bit of the humor of the sims team. Thoughts? I'm sure this will probably never happen.

Let me clarify something: I don't want this kind of thing to be an expansion of the all ready existing TS4. Like the Sims Medieval game that came before, it would be its own standalone series. Once again, I don't really see anyone running with this idea, but I thought it might be worth talking about; mostly to figure out what kind of traction an idea like this might get.

I love TS4 as it is right now, but sometimes I wanna play a sims-style game in a different time period. Maybe I'm just a weird nerd, but maybe I'm not alone in that desire.
Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
Sims 4 Blog
Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
Post edited by ShadyLady89 on

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    ....and we could call it Sims Medieval.
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    Wasn't there already a medieval sims game?
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
    Wasn't there already a medieval sims game?

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner!
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    The point the OP was trying to make, I think, is that Sims Medieval wasn't like The Sims - you were limited to the goals of the game, instead of simply creating Sims and directing their stories. I didn't buy Sims Medieval for that reason, and I wonder if it might have been more successful if it had been more like The Sims games - there are a lot of people creating custom content for Sims set in the past, so there is obviously a market.

It might be a fun idea for a game pack for Sims 4 - a world full of thatched cottages, with period clothing and objects appropriate to the time. (You'd have to have some sort of computer, since it fulfills some basic functions in the game engine, but perhaps that could be done with a special notebook or magical rock.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    It sounds wonderful. I am a subscriber. I also want The Sims Castaway in the same matter for PC gaming.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I had hopes that they were going to add something like this to Sims 3? when they brought in a time machine and Sims sometimes came back in medieval clothes, instead they made an large expansion pack going into a future world and that was a bit too much for my PC to handle.

The game, because EA is a global game manufacturer would also have to accommodate all the medieval worlds of the time, China, India, as well as Europe so might be too big to handle.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Yes!! I did play Sims Medieval but it was too linear for me. I had really hoped it would be like a regular Sims game, just in a medieval setting. So I would totally love a remake.

I also think it would be cool to have a "Kingdoms" expansion pack with a new map of a variety of medieval neighborhoods that are designed to neutralize technology so our Sims can't use phones or computers or anything. Maybe some new lot traits? For the map layout there could be the large lot area with the castle keep and highborns, a merchant neighborhood for commercial lots, a commoners farming area and then the peasantry. There could be official titles and new traits and aspirations and rewards as well as some kind of status system. Maybe we could have punishments and a way to actually imprison Sims like the way we could lock them in the stocks in Sims Medieval. It would really help if we had horses, then we could have a jousting ring and knights could battle for honor or the hand of a beloved. Maybe some new romance interactions. Some new skills could be Swordplay and Regency. There could be a lot of possibilities with this as an expansion pack.

OR....we could have a game pack that's more focused on building your own style of Kingdom. It could include a plethora of build/buy and CAS for a diverse style of old era cultures. We could have castle builds and decor and medieval outfits, but also builds and styles from Asian, Russian, Middle East, etc. from old eras. We could still have some new lot traits and maybe a new hierarchy system, but the new map would have to be somewhat neutral for building your own dynasty.

In truth, I'd personally love to see any of the above, or my own personal preference would be an entire stand-alone Sims game of Myth and Magic, set in a fantasy era with pirates, wizards, dragons, fairies, gods and other mythical beings. For the supernatural/occult enthusiast, I think it's time for an independent project. :)
    #Team Occult
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Yes!! I did play Sims Medieval but it was too linear for me. I had really hoped it would be like a regular Sims game, just in a medieval setting. So I would totally love a remake.

I also think it would be cool to have a "Kingdoms" expansion pack with a new map of a variety of medieval neighborhoods that are designed to neutralize technology so our Sims can't use phones or computers or anything. Maybe some new lot traits? For the map layout there could be the large lot area with the castle keep and highborns, a merchant neighborhood for commercial lots, a commoners farming area and then the peasantry. There could be official titles and new traits and aspirations and rewards as well as some kind of status system. Maybe we could have punishments and a way to actually imprison Sims like the way we could lock them in the stocks in Sims Medieval. It would really help if we had horses, then we could have a jousting ring and knights could battle for honor or the hand of a beloved. Maybe some new romance interactions. Some new skills could be Swordplay and Regency. There could be a lot of possibilities with this as an expansion pack.

OR....we could have a game pack that's more focused on building your own style of Kingdom. It could include a plethora of build/buy and CAS for a diverse style of old era cultures. We could have castle builds and decor and medieval outfits, but also builds and styles from Asian, Russian, Middle East, etc. from old eras. We could still have some new lot traits and maybe a new hierarchy system, but the new map would have to be somewhat neutral for building your own dynasty.

In truth, I'd personally love to see any of the above, or my own personal preference would be an entire stand-alone Sims game of Myth and Magic, set in a fantasy era with pirates, wizards, dragons, fairies, gods and other mythical beings. For the supernatural/occult enthusiast, I think it's time for an independent project. :)

me to please
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    I want dragons and my sims to be able to make laws
    The point of Medieval and Castaway is that they are linear and have an end point, goals to accomplish.

IMO, worlds placed in another time, like medieval times or a castaway scenario won't work for several reasons.
    1. They would require new everything from clothes to build/buy to no electronics of any kind. That's a lot of reworking of objects.
    2. There could be no walk-bys from other neighborhoods. Imagine seeing Nancy Landgrabb strolling by your castle.
    3. You couldn't (or shouldn't) be able to travel to modern worlds.
    4. Into The Future was different in that it was a future, tech filled version of the worlds we live in now.

All these things have been done in those stand alone games. I don't want a rehash of those games. I can play those games anytime and you don't have to follow the scenario. You can play your own game anytime. I waited until all the buildings and discoveries were done, just to have full access to them.

We are getting smaller (but better) versions of past Sims games so I don't see them adding in a huge pack for adding a stand alone Medieval world of Castaway island.

Hopefully, at some point, there will be an off the grid pack which will give you many of the fun features from Castaway. As for Medieval, I already build several castles that I place in the gallery. More build/buy and period clothing would help create a Medieval world. I could see Windenburg Island as either a Medieval or Castaway vacation spot for my sims.
    fairy tales and modern things go together well I don't see why it couldn't also work in sims 4
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    The point the OP was trying to make, I think, is that Sims Medieval wasn't like The Sims - you were limited to the goals of the game, instead of simply creating Sims and directing their stories. I didn't buy Sims Medieval for that reason, and I wonder if it might have been more successful if it had been more like The Sims games - there are a lot of people creating custom content for Sims set in the past, so there is obviously a market.

It might be a fun idea for a game pack for Sims 4 - a world full of thatched cottages, with period clothing and objects appropriate to the time. (You'd have to have some sort of computer, since it fulfills some basic functions in the game engine, but perhaps that could be done with a special notebook or magical rock.)

That is exactly what I was talking about. And I like your idea of a special notebook of magical rock to fulfill those things. I dunno, I just like time periods other than the modern day, and while I love TS4 as it is now, it would be fun to play a version of it set in Medieval times. And other periods of time in different iterations, of course.
    Sims 4 Blog
    Simburian wrote: »
    I had hopes that they were going to add something like this to Sims 3? when they brought in a time machine and Sims sometimes came back in medieval clothes, instead they made an large expansion pack going into a future world and that was a bit too much for my PC to handle.

The game, because EA is a global game manufacturer would also have to accommodate all the medieval worlds of the time, China, India, as well as Europe so might be too big to handle.

Wouldn't have to incorporate anything if it wasn't based on anything in real life; much like the medieval game EA made, I imagine they would set it in their own mythical world.
    Sims 4 Blog
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    The point of Medieval and Castaway is that they are linear and have an end point, goals to accomplish.

IMO, worlds placed in another time, like medieval times or a castaway scenario won't work for several reasons.
    1. They would require new everything from clothes to build/buy to no electronics of any kind. That's a lot of reworking of objects.
    2. There could be no walk-bys from other neighborhoods. Imagine seeing Nancy Landgrabb strolling by your castle.
    4. Into The Future was different in that it was a future, tech filled version of the worlds we live in now.

All these things have been done in those stand alone games. I don't want a rehash of those games. I can play those games anytime and you don't have to follow the scenario. You can play your own game anytime. I waited until all the buildings and discoveries were done, just to have full access to them.

We are getting smaller (but better) versions of past Sims games so I don't see them adding in a huge pack for adding a stand alone Medieval world of Castaway island.

Hopefully, at some point, there will be an off the grid pack which will give you many of the fun features from Castaway. As for Medieval, I already build several castles that I place in the gallery. More build/buy and period clothing would help create a Medieval world. I could see Windenburg Island as either a Medieval or Castaway vacation spot for my sims.

Perhaps you don't want to see something like that really, truly fleshed out, but I don't think I'm alone in the idea. I don't expect EA to ever even try to make something like this, it's just an idea that I thought would be fun to talk and fantasize about with others. I often think about lots of different kinds of video games I would enjoy playing, and I know I'm not the only one. I just wanted to kick around some ideas is all.
    Sims 4 Blog
    LiELF wrote: »

I was definitely thinking of this as a stand alone concept, as it all ready annoys me a bunch that I've got oddly dressed vampires walking around my towns at night in TS4, and I don't need them to add a bunch of medieval clothing to that pile (though, honestly, I wouldn't object too much because let's be honest, I would sincerely enjoy dressing my modern day sims in medieval clothing). As a stand alone game, though, I think it would be a kewl idea. I think EA was onto something when they created the medieval game they did, but they didn't spend the time and effort to really flesh out the game the way players want to enjoy something like that. Maybe I'm delusional because I simply enjoy the concept, but I think if it functioned like a regular Sims game, people would be into it.

I know that right now the Dev team is too small to break apart and put people on this kind of a project, and it will most likely never happen anyway, but it's a fun idea to think about.
    Sims 4 Blog
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited April 2018
    If they had build the game on a better engine, everything would have been possible. I seen a lot of simmers in TS2 creating worlds in medeival settings. Of course, they probably use a lot of CC, but having the vanilla tools to customize their world to that timeline helps a lot. Especally when sims are not forced to carry mobile phones that don't stop rigging (why Developers didn't implement "turn off" feature is beyond me). Newspaper also added that ol'd era an immersion. Surely they could create a stuff pack dedicated for decades (perhaps two split into medieval and sci-fi) so you dress your sim in apprioapte fashion, plot down literally old-fashion house interiors and architectural builds. Or in an expansion pack with a world that has it's own dress code for npcs and townies.
    NNpYlHF.jpg

Perhaps you don't want to see something like that really, truly fleshed out, but I don't think I'm alone in the idea. I don't expect EA to ever even try to make something like this, it's just an idea that I thought would be fun to talk and fantasize about with others. I often think about lots of different kinds of video games I would enjoy playing, and I know I'm not the only one. I just wanted to kick around some ideas is all.

It's probably just me not understanding again. If this is just a fantasy discussion, I would think it belongs in General Discussion section, not the Ideas Corner, which I always thought was for actual ideas people want, not fantasy discussions. My bad.

I would love a sims game for every genre of time or space, Medieval, Western, Caveman, Victorian, Space Station, Mars Colony, any of those and several others. But S4 is obviously very limited and pared down compared to past versions. Pets vs Cats and Dogs, World Adventure vs Jungle Adventure just to name two. So I don't see them recreating a stand alone game like Medieval or Castaway for this version. I'd love it if they did, but I don't see it happening. We could get elements that would allow us to play those in a way. I build a lot of castles (building a new one right now) and add sims dressed in clothes as close to Medieval as I can find in Buy mode. It's limited, but it sort of works. If we get an Off The Grid pack, I can create a Gilligan's Island type of save with sims living on Windenburg Island off the grid.

Until this shakeup is over, we won't know what direction they are going to go in the future.
  • storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    I want dragons and my sims to be able to make laws

I originally thought you said "I want dragons to be able to make laws," lol. (Which is also basically Skyrim.)
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I would love it also if they had a more fleshed out medieval type game on the market. I sometimes slightly roleplay in Skyrim now but it's very limited in the areas I'd like it to be expanded on simulation wise. Like you can build a house from certain choices only and they all look the same. and have predetermined areas. You can't plant a garden more then in this little area(s). Basically you can't shape it to suit you or to have any variety. You can't have relationships with other NPC's that are in anyway deep.. nor can you switch to play them.

I'd love something from the sims where you could be different types of people in a medieval world that was purely fantasy based. I don't want to be restricted to one station in life or by gender in a game like this. I'd like if it you could play it that way also though if that makes sense but it wouldn't keep me from playing it if those elements were forced on the player.
    I'd love to be a witch or sorcerer or rise from a peasant to be a noble or knight or shopkeeper. Would love having areas to build villages in or even kingdoms as long as there was some variety. I want that huge alchemy garden. I'd also like to fight beasts a long the way.. but not quite as many as in an action type of game. Perhaps these could be set in instances that your sim goes into if they want to advance somehow through fighting either beasts or others.
    I want crafting too... the activities of being a smith or dressmaker and maybe having your own shop set up.
    I want to have drinking and dancing both in the pubs and parties in castles. Uggh I could go on and on.
    I think mostly too I want the ability to just live out their lives.. crafting, haggling, entertaining and romancing.
    When I play more action based games like this... they are always sorely lacking in the day to day activity area but I've wanted something like this for some time now.
    egTcBMc.png

It's probably just me not understanding again. If this is just a fantasy discussion, I would think it belongs in General Discussion section, not the Ideas Corner, which I always thought was for actual ideas people want, not fantasy discussions. My bad.

I would love a sims game for every genre of time or space, Medieval, Western, Caveman, Victorian, Space Station, Mars Colony, any of those and several others. But S4 is obviously very limited and pared down compared to past versions. Pets vs Cats and Dogs, World Adventure vs Jungle Adventure just to name two. So I don't see them recreating a stand alone game like Medieval or Castaway for this version. I'd love it if they did, but I don't see it happening. We could get elements that would allow us to play those in a way. I build a lot of castles (building a new one right now) and add sims dressed in clothes as close to Medieval as I can find in Buy mode. It's limited, but it sort of works. If we get an Off The Grid pack, I can create a Gilligan's Island type of save with sims living on Windenburg Island off the grid.

Until this shakeup is over, we won't know what direction they are going to go in the future.

It is certainly an idea I would like to see someday, but I don't have high hopes for, is more what I meant about it being a discussion of a fantasy. I really don't see this happening, but I think it could be a kewl idea. And I do like your other genre ideas. Western and Space Station being my particular favorite.
    Sims 4 Blog
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I would love it also if they had a more fleshed out medieval type game on the market. I sometimes slightly roleplay in Skyrim now but it's very limited in the areas I'd like it to be expanded on simulation wise. Like you can build a house from certain choices only and they all look the same. and have predetermined areas. You can't plant a garden more then in this little area(s). Basically you can't shape it to suit you or to have any variety. You can't have relationships with other NPC's that are in anyway deep.. nor can you switch to play them.

I'd love something from the sims where you could be different types of people in a medieval world that was purely fantasy based. I don't want to be restricted to one station in life or by gender in a game like this. I'd like if it you could play it that way also though if that makes sense but it wouldn't keep me from playing it if those elements were forced on the player.
    I'd love to be a witch or sorcerer or rise from a peasant to be a noble or knight or shopkeeper. Would love having areas to build villages in or even kingdoms as long as there was some variety. I want that huge alchemy garden. I'd also like to fight beasts a long the way.. but not quite as many as in an action type of game. Perhaps these could be set in instances that your sim goes into if they want to advance somehow through fighting either beasts or others.
    I want crafting too... the activities of being a smith or dressmaker and maybe having your own shop set up.
    I want to have drinking and dancing both in the pubs and parties in castles. Uggh I could go on and on.
    I think mostly too I want the ability to just live out their lives.. crafting, haggling, entertaining and romancing.
    When I play more action based games like this... they are always sorely lacking in the day to day activity area but I've wanted something like this for some time now.

You get what I'm going for. I like your idea of fighting beasts, especially if it was something that only happened if say you had a knight sim who went adventuring in the forest. But yes, mostly I just want to see what the every day lives of peasant sims in a kingdom look like, as well as the monarch, the bard, the merchant, etc. There's so much that could be explored in a stand alone game of this kind.
    Sims 4 Blog
  • isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    I really think Sims 5 (or whatever next version) should have different time periods. It could even just start with a modern day period, an 80s/90s time period, and a near future time era, and just have objects, clothing, technology, even architecture and cars switch to "new" versions, replacing old items, kind of like a simulated society progression. Plus, each expansion could add new time periods ranging from 60s era, to a space age time period, to medieval or ancient times! Legacies would be amazing to play this way!
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    [quote="invisiblgirl;c-16438910"]The point the OP was trying to make, I think, is that Sims Medieval wasn't like The Sims - you were limited to the goals of the game, instead of simply creating Sims and directing their stories. I didn't buy Sims Medieval for that reason, and I wonder if it might have been more successful if it had been more like The Sims games - there are a lot of people creating custom content for Sims set in the past, so there is obviously a market.

It might be a fun idea for a game pack for Sims 4 - a world full of thatched cottages, with period clothing and objects appropriate to the time. (You'd have to have some sort of computer, since it fulfills some basic functions in the game engine, but perhaps that could be done with a special notebook or magical rock.)[/quote]

I think Sims 5 should have implemented in tmits base game with a Story Mode (Kinda like in Sims Life Stories, Pet Stories...). But where you could unlock things (extra things) like dining sets, clothes etc... Then every expansion/gamepack would bring us our regular things, but we could play stories like "Ancient Time Diplomacia" (Green/Roman), "Medieval Fairytale"... Then after finishing the story, we could play the neighborhood like a normal neighborhood, but It would be limited tô its time period (no cars, laptops etc, or old tvs in Black and White for períodos where tvs where invented)... The neighborhoods would be unlocked as Travel spots in our regular game, the building/clothes sets could bem unlocked too If we wanted them as costumes for Halloween ir things like that... Ir maybe they could make the stories as a separar pack that If you would like you could buy tô play and unlocks things for your game, but It would be focused tô those who enjoyed playing games like from the Sims Stories séries... I would buy them for the storylines and unlocking things for the regular game, would be cool... Maybe the Stuff Packs could do this job... Like the Fitness Stuff one, where we would have a modernidade story about a sim that had bad habits and needed tô become fit not tô die ir something like that! I can totally see movies and books being referenced like Romeo & Juliet in Vetonaville. Hahaha i dont think It needs tô be a totally separarem thing, seeing that we could use its contente in the regular game (not medieval desses, but the build & buy objects van Beethoven more used).
    isaiahzay wrote: »
    I really think Sims 5 (or whatever next version) should have different time periods. It could even just start with a modern day period, an 80s/90s time period, and a near future time era, and just have objects, clothing, technology, even architecture and cars switch to "new" versions, replacing old items, kind of like a simulated society progression. Plus, each expansion could add new time periods ranging from 60s era, to a space age time period, to medieval or ancient times! Legacies would be amazing to play this way!

I really like this idea. I would love to play a legacy that started in like primitive time and progressed into a futuristic present. That would be intense, but incredible. Probably the kind of thing that will never exist, unfortunately.
    Sims 4 Blog
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    I would so buy sims medieval if they were to remake it, if they do I hope you can be a peasant, a noble, etc; other than being a ruler of the kingdom. :P

As for the ruler, the NPC can rule the kingdom if your not in charge and they will act depending on their traits; such as being a good ruler or a greedy ruler or a evil tyrant that will punish or kill sims for their personal amusement, if such content was on it, the game will be very interesting, all KINDS of drama could happen, makes me kinda think of game of thrones for some reason. XD
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here