Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm Sick and Tired of the Lack of Rock and Metal

Comments

• SimmerDarrianSimmerDarrian Posts: 5 New Member
    We need metal outfits and hair. I'd personally love to see mullets and generic T shirts being sold at concerts!
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2018
    aws200 wrote: »
    All this pop and wub wub wub stuff is terrible! Sims 4 lacks diversity in music for sure. Give us some Rock and Metal there is no excuses. No one wanted Tween Pop and other garbage. Give us real music. At least Sims 2 knew this and gave us a better diverse selection of genres (stations). I do not want to rely on custom music forever to have something worthy of blaring at a party or night club. I'd even take Country at this rate (and I hate that genre with a passion). Anything besides the horror we have now.

Spooky isn't spooky and Romance isn't romance too by the way. Its random garbage that has no relation to the in game genres. Please give us R&B instead thank you.

Thank you for this thread. I agree 100%. I am so tired of pop music yet no music for my goth and other sims without using the custom music folder. We need more variety for all simmers.

Also lack of cc related to different bands that aren't popular our trendy (not that I think it is wrong that people like that as some bands are good; but I am tired of others being overlooked). Where is a Sisters of Mercy T-shirt or poster? I found one someone made for Bauhaus (t-shirt) and Joy Division and The Cure; but nothing for other bands such as The Mission, She Past Away, Rosetta Stone, etc....

If only if I can make some myself and share, I would.

Hopefully this isn't too old to post on; but I think this is important. There used to be like Hip Hop, R&B, Darkwave even, etc...

This could be good for an entertainment pack. We got some instruments and a singing skill, they could maybe use that to make bands again, had more music related content (new radio stations, drum kit, etc...) along with other forums of entertainment and maybe a concert venue.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Maybe they can sell us rock and metal music in the My First Rock/Metal Stuff pack?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    Maybe they can sell us rock and metal music in the My First Rock/Metal Stuff pack?

If they can include a drum set and all that along with clothing, hair and buy objects related to rock and metal, I actually wouldn't mind. I was thinking more of a game pack so they can have like a venue and a career where maybe they start of as a garage band and as they work on skills and play music in maybe at clubs or parks, etc...they start moving up.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I imagine it'll come along eventually. Though I have to wonder, how relevant is rock today, really, just in general?
    Rock will always be relevant B)

The classics for sure. Any good stuff coming out these days though? :p
    Good music coming out these days lol... I'd love to see them add rock just nothing modern
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    This stuff pack would instantly get my money the moment it's announced.
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    If they can include a drum set and all that along with clothing, hair and buy objects related to rock and metal, I actually wouldn't mind. I was thinking more of a game pack so they can have like a venue and a career where maybe they start of as a garage band and as they work on skills and play music in maybe at clubs or parks, etc...they start moving up.

This game play would make it even better (especially if it isn't buggy like the retail store). I love the idea of sims playing a flying v electric guitar and wearing spiked bracers. Hopefully they add moshing and headbanging as a dance too (much like the salsa-esque dancing was added in Jungle Adventure).
    VanPelt81 wrote: »
    This stuff pack would instantly get my money the moment it's announced.

This game play would make it even better (especially if it isn't buggy like the retail store). I love the idea of sims playing a flying v electric guitar and wearing spiked bracers. Hopefully they add moshing and headbanging as a dance too (much like the salsa-esque dancing was added in Jungle Adventure).

I don't know how they could add moshing as that might be difficult; but headbanging and other dance styles should be included. Jungle Adventure showed us that they could add more dancing and make a town that has a specific culture to it, so it is possible! For hair they can have deathhawks, liberty spikes, teased, etc....they can have winklepickers and so much more.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I agree with the OP, but the music we have now isn’t garbage. I like all genres of music, so I’m fine with what we have. I don’t spend much time in game listening to the music, unless I have a sim who is writing a novel, or with toddlers, but then we’re always listening to kids music. Would love punk music to go with punk outfits (more of that too please), and I think spooky is fitting for goth, they could just add more (and more outfits as well).
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    it would be so funny to hear Tool in simlish... I know they'd never do it, but it's still funny to imagine. hey, is there an official simlish dictionary or something?
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
    I agree with the OP, but the music we have now isn’t garbage. I like all genres of music, so I’m fine with what we have. I don’t spend much time in game listening to the music, unless I have a sim who is writing a novel, or with toddlers, but then we’re always listening to kids music. Would love punk music to go with punk outfits (more of that too please), and I think spooky is fitting for goth, they could just add more (and more outfits as well).

Not really. As goth music is really different to compared to the spooky music (compare The Sisters of Mercy, Bauhuas, The Frozen Autumn, The Cure, Witching Hour, She Past Away,Nosferatu, etc....to the song Hit and Run or Snakes, you can see how different goth music really is. It is a very specific subculture and music).

I do see your point how not everyone likes the same music or have the same opinions. Some people may like what we have now and are fine with it; others like me though would love to have more options and diverse music and maybe a pack dedicate to music and entertainment in general.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    I don't think it's right for anyone to call any kind of music "garbage"-it just sounds so rude and thoughtless.I'm sure the Original Poster wouldn't like it if people called Metal "Garbage".
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited June 2018
    To be fair though, we can still call this music Garbage...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GhPUAVgHZc

(by the way, fan of Garbage)
  • SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member

I still have some Sims (the ones in my sig) that have been on-hold for over two years now waiting for an actual drumset to play. Every once in a while, I'll go back to them and change them up a bit while waiting. Just need a working drum kit and the ability to make a band (though, the club option is a decent alternative). Looking forward to the day I can hopefully play Nótt as an actual band...

As for music, I don't really mind. I never listen to the in-game music, anyway. More items relating to a rock/metal theme would be nice (especially facial piercings that actually clip to something and aren't just hovering in the air...)
  • Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    My question is, why is it not possible for them to re-use their older songs from the series? (1 through 3) It's their IP, right? or does this have something to do with Copyright?
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited June 2018
    So_Money wrote: »
    Unfortunately metal and to-a-lesser-extent, rock, probably don't appeal to the game's core demographic.

Speak for yourself. When I was a 12-17-year-old girl, I was really into punk and metal. I remember recording songs like "Enter Sandman" and "Bodies" off of the radio all the time back in the day. I still have one of my old mix tapes from those days, in fact...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Unfortunately metal and to-a-lesser-extent, rock, probably don't appeal to the game's core demographic.

Speak for yourself. When I was a 12-17-year-old girl, I was really into punk and metal. I remember recording songs like "Enter Sandman" and "Bodies" off of the radio all the time back in the day. I still have one of my old mix tapes from those days, in fact...

@SimsLovinLycan Same. I think there is definitely a demographic for punk, rock, and metal within the sims. All a matter of time, I hope, before we get more content.

Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    edited June 2018
    are there any links to download TS2/TS3 rock songs to put into the custom music folder

btw, I would LOVE Muse simlish songs!
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited June 2018
    DreamaDove wrote: »
    are there any links to download TS2/TS3 rock songs to put into the custom music folder

btw, I would LOVE Muse simlish songs!

If you own the games, it's easy (though time consuming) to rip them out of the game yourself. There's a lot of tutorials on line. Google is awesome for this.

What's great about Sims 4 is you can choose what songs play and don't play, so my spooky station is now a metal station and my retro station is now rock.

Meanwhile, for the people wondering if metal bands would record songs in simlish, I bring you Lacuna Coil. So yeah, there have been successful metal artists who have done Simlish recordings. But not all songs have to be covers -- Sims 2 and Sims 3 had some amazing music of many genres that were written for the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDZxrp7svTA
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    edited June 2018

@SimsLovinLycan Same. I think there is definitely a demographic for punk, rock, and metal within the sims. All a matter of time, I hope, before we get more content.

I am into Punk and Ska. Like The Clash, The --- Pistols, Madness, The Specials, Bad Manners to name a few. I can't imagine this type of music ever making it into a Sims game, unfortunately. But there's a good chance for the newer stuff. So I just added it into my Custom Music folder instead, but the weird dances that Sims do really doesn't fit with it and I just have to cringe:#

I'd love to see another go at the band system we had in TS3, which never ever worked for me.
    2UFyFUV.png

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    It's funny really since their's an Alice Cooper similish song in the new radio station Summer strut 'School's out'. What a tease.

Though I do love it. Kinda want to hear more simlish cover songs, especially like these.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited June 2018
    I don't know that Metal is the easiest to translate to Simlish (heck, some metal sounds enough like Simlish as it is!), but we really ought to have a Rock station.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Does it make me stupid that when I read the title I thought you were a mega geologist that wanted more rock and metal types, as in the stuff that comes from the ground? Lol... I don't really listen to the sims radio music, nor really put it on for that matter, but when I do it always makes me really happy, but I was thinking we could do with a metal channel. I listened to it on sims 2 and Idk if it was a simlish-ified song or what but one of those songs sounded like something I could actually put on and dance to. Not that the other songs aren't dance-factor-able, but this was more of my taste.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    It'd be nice if rock and metal music, and themed items, and clothing styles, and hair styles, were included in an education pack.
    School of Rock. :p
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • PeterbiltPeterbilt Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm a big fan of rock and I'd love it too :-( I don't listen to the game music that much but if they did introduce it, I probably would. In the mean time, I can just put my own music into the music folder and use that for my sims to listen to or I can just mute the music and play my own while I'm in build/buy or CAS!! It's not a huge deal for me.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    And how come I can't make a real metal head Sim without using the 'feminine' hairstyles? Hell, at this point I'm just glad EA put in that gender equality patch so now I can even use the feminine hairstyles to make a metal head Sim.