Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm Sick and Tired of the Lack of Rock and Metal

Comments

• ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    I imagine it'll come along eventually. Though I have to wonder, how relevant is rock today, really, just in general?

There are some bands like twenty on pilots that are a modern example of a group that has rock songs (along with other styles) they are well known.
    Then there is also stuff like Fall Out Boy, Linkin Park or Coldplay that have older songs that are rock that people recognize because they still release content. Although I doubt Linkin Park will be recording any songs in Simlish with out Chester or releasing much more song wise.

If rock has to be stuff like Queen or Elvis modern stuff may not match up, but there are popular groups that consider their songs rock and are still relevant. :)

I tend to favor alternative rock (in case people didn't see from my above band listings) and would love to see some rock and metal songs. :)
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Bring on the goth rock and darkwave stations please...
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited April 2018
    I'd be good with a Metal & Goth rock station in The Sims 4. I'd also be good with Hip-Hop, Punk, Reggae, Oldies, and most any other station possible. More variety in music stations the better.

As it is, I currently have my "Spooky" channel as my Metal Channel, the "Baroque" station as my Goth Rock Channel, one of the pop channels as my Hip-Hop Channel, and the Easy Listening channel is my Oldies/Classic Rock channel (all by me putting MP3s into the folders). Also added some Grunge, Shoegazing, Punk, & older Alternative songs to that channel to make it seem less like another pop channel and more like an Alternative channel.

This way my Metal sims can listen to some Bathory, Emperor, or Enslaved, my Goth sims can listen to Sisters Of Mercy, Skinny Puppy, or Siouxie & The Banshees, my Hip-Hop sims can listen to some NWA or Public Enemy, and some of my sims can listen to Supertramp, Rolling Stones, or Genesis on the "Oldies Channel" and sims into Alternative can listen to Husker Du, Babes In Toyland, or My Bloody Valentine.
  • MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
    Agreed!
    I'm an avid rock'n'roller and a blues lover. I need that in my game. I need disco and rock, I need metal. I don't need a plenty kid or teenage pop music radio stations, it's enough, enough!

And I want different tastes to be back, because I want sims to react to music, but they listen to everything just like if it was all the same song.

And yes, spooky ain't spooky.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,860 Member
    And here I was thinking this thread would be about collectibles :D

Haha, me too. :p
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I imagine it'll come along eventually. Though I have to wonder, how relevant is rock today, really, just in general?
    Rock will always be relevant B)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Rock will always be relevant B)

The classics for sure. Any good stuff coming out these days though? :p
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I'd defiantly love a metal station myself. Goth Metal, Industrial Metal. I'd like to see Death Metal too but that may be a bit too hard for some and I doubt screaming in Simlish would be easy.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    BMSO wrote: »
    I'd defiantly love a metal station myself. Goth Metal, Industrial Metal. I'd like to see Death Metal too but that may be a bit too hard for some and I doubt screaming in Simlish would be easy.

My kids scream nonsense all the time :lol:
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    BMSO wrote: »

My kids scream nonsense all the time :lol:

So does my daughter. Maybe they should make a band? :lol:
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited April 2018
    Agreed!
    I'm an avid rock'n'roller and a blues lover. I need that in my game. I need disco and rock, I need metal. I don't need a plenty kid or teenage pop music radio stations, it's enough, enough!

And I want different tastes to be back, because I want sims to react to music, but they listen to everything just like if it was all the same song.

And yes, spooky ain't spooky.

Yes, it's such a missed opportunity that the Emotions system has no complex relationship with music in the game whatsoever. I wish you could give your Sim a favourite and least favourite music station so that they'd get happy or inspired at their favourite or angry at their least favourite. I also wish different stations had different effects, like Pop would energize you but New Age would focus you.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited April 2018
    And when I read the title I thought you meant difficulty finding enough rocks and metal to complete your sims collection... lmao - oh I see @AlbaWaterhouse had the same thoughts... :blush:
  • peach1redpeach1red Posts: 245 Member
    edited April 2018
    I'd love to have some Dragonland or Darkmoor in my game, but I doubt that's ever happening. Most Neoclassical metal artist have probably never heard of the Sims. :P Oh, and since you mentioned country. I think country is leagues better than modern day pop. I would also like to say, I wish Auto-tune wasn't a thing...
    My favourite colour is #E4717A, just like any other ordinary human girl.

My Simming site: https://peachrenardssims.wordpress.com/

Most types of metal don't actually feature screaming though...

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I thought this was about terrain paint when I first read the title. lol, my bad. I agree TS4 needs more dedicated stations but that must all cost money to get bands to sign up for Simifying their songs, and some may not even want that to happen to their songs. Then you might have to pay the actual song writer, too, not just the band who made a tune famous.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • KuroridaKurorida Posts: 385 Member
    I think even TS series has become more comercial
    a41pgk.jpg
    English isn't my main language so forgive any mistake I make
    m e a n w h i l e
    Addicted To This Drug
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Would you rather them waste their resources on a rock/metal stations or get more content? This just seems like a non-issue to me. Download your favorite metal music, and pop those mp3 files into the custom music folder... Problem solved.
    p6tqefj
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    alexandrea wrote: »
    Would you rather them waste their resources on a rock/metal stations or get more content? This just seems like a non-issue to me. Download your favorite metal music, and pop those mp3 files into the custom music folder... Problem solved.

The sims 4 doesn't allow a custom folder, you have to plop the mp3s into the genres they have. Otherwise, I have already done this. I just think that a lot of genres are missing (Metal, Rap, Reggae, Oldies) and some of the ones we do have sound too similar (Alternative doesn't sound much like alternative until I added mp3s into my game). Not sure why additional stations aren't something the developers can't add in a patch though if stations are preventing other content.
    I would sing in simmish for them for free.

peach1red wrote: »

I would too, but then they'd pay to shut me up :lol:
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

The way the title got cut off on my computer I thought it was about the lack of rocking chairs. :D
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

Hmm.., I've never met someone who didn't like hearing me sing, but maybe that would be better. Cause then I'd have money to help pay for my Sims addiction. Lol

The way the title got cut off on my computer I thought it was about the lack of rocking chairs. :D

My day has been made by this comment.

Hmm.., I've never met someone who didn't like hearing me sing, but maybe that would be better. Cause then I'd have money to help pay for my Sims addiction. Lol

I meant my singing is really bad :lol:
  • 1ovemysims1ovemysims Posts: 57 Member
    I wish we could have real songs. that'ill be cool
    1ovemysims wrote: »
    I wish we could have real songs. that'ill be cool

Most songs in The Sims are real songs. I haven't really paid much attention to the music in The Sims 4 though. Keeping on the subject of metal I think hearing "Through the Fire and the Flames" by Dragonforce in simmish would be funny to me. (I personally consider the song to be kind of overrated as far as power metal songs go, but I doubt anyone here really cares about that.)
    Oh, and as far as songs that aren't metal go, my favourite spin-off of The Sims, The Urbz for the Gamecube, is loaded with Black-Eyed Peas. Not just their music but some of the sims in that game are members of the group. So I'm a bit surprised if The Sims 4 doesn't contain any real world music.