Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Challenge Blog: Rookie's Ultimate Sim Challenge

2...Next

Comments

• AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    I am currently very busy making all the preparations for a relaunch of this series, which I will start in a fresh blog because I like that better. First of all I decided that this time around I want to build my own villa for her to live in rather then taking over the landgraab mansion, and I am currently spending al my simming hours building it! If you want to get a sneak preview of how Allstar Estate is getting along, you can find it here! Then I will probably partially redo her outfits and change her traits around for a bit, with the knowledge that my failed attempt has gained me so far.

I also took a good look at my Nraas mods and found some usefull extras, partially to prevent a disaster like this, and for other purposes. One that I absolutely love is Traveller, which enables me to change up the default duration of a university term! I am planning to change it from 7 days to 14 days, so that if I pick a double term I will be there for 4 straight weeks without packing up and leaving only to travel back the same day. And yes, that will mean that I will be there for 4 weeks instead of 3, but as jobs are 4 weeks too, and the university world has plenty to do in the sense of collecting, but also the many celebrities (sunset valley had none) I think that will be fine!

Last of all I am planning to travel to Shang Simla BEFORE I have my degree instead of after it, because I want to get a small stack of chests from the get go. And as I have her 'buy' the smallest possible lot in Sunset Valley before she moves to her new Estate, I will probably have the money to do so! As soon as the new topic is up I will post a link here, for anyone who is bored enough interested in following it!
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Since you are more advanced with this challenge now mind me asking a question about sim aging. I can't figure it out from the original rules which means are legit to keep the sim in his current life stage. Are these only life fruit/ambrosia/changing supernatural forms. Or Young Again/Age Freeze potions and Fountain of Youth Elixir are also legit?

Thanks in advance. And also good luck with setting a new setup for this challenge. I definitely will be checking for your updates here.
    edited May 2018
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    Since you are more advanced with this challenge now mind me asking a question about sim aging. I can't figure it out from the original rules which means are legit to keep the sim in his current life stage. Are these only life fruit/ambrosia/changing supernatural forms. Or Young Again/Age Freeze potions and Fountain of Youth Elixir are also legit?

Thanks in advance. And also good luck with setting a new setup for this challenge. I definitely will be checking for your updates here.

The only thing that I found in Llandros topic about this is "Aging - keep the lifespan on 90 days/ Keep your sim young any way that you can as long as you have unlocked the skill." so I'd guess anything that you can do without a cheat/hack is legit. Untill he decides to change the rules. I am planning to get the age freeze potion somewhere along the line, but as there are other traits that I wish to buy first I will probably do the life fruit thing first, like I did in my first attempt. Also werewolfs age slower, so in the start theres not so much to worry about.

I do recommend planting the supernatural hangout for werewolfs somewhere in your university world, as it seems to help getting some werewolfs in your university town, and you really want to get bitten at the first full moon that you can! Please feel free to ask any question you'd like in this topic or my new blog when I started it up, because as I think Llandros isn't very active it is probably up to us to keep this challenge alive!

Also feel free to go to my Checklist Doc and save a copy for yourself on your own google account, that you can then edit in any way you like! Do note that for the babies necessary in this challenge I used the list as I proposed in Llandros topic, which is a bit longer and more specified then the one he has. And he also has another option to take just 1 spouse/kids and keep them alive all the time instead of every town another. If you decide to pick another option you can just remove that column or alter it to your needs.
    edited May 2018
    I am almost ready to relaunch, and have already opened the new blog for it! Her house for after university is also reasonably done, so I hope to start again tomorrow! You can find the details of the build here, and the new blog here!

Edit: As I am moving on to the new challenge and the new blog, please post any comments, questions, tips, do's, don'ts and other stuff in thát topic, I will consider this topic closed and will not follow it anymore. Thank you very much!
    Post edited by AlHollandiyah on
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    edited June 2019
    Wrong thread, sorry.