March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sophisticated Man

Comments

• aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ I need to wait till the CAS CC is fixed as well the skin I am using on Calvin is not working! I have a Vanilla game at the Moment!
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,211 Member
    Okay, @aussiekarima. I understand. My game isn't even opening at the moment.. I was going to wait until seasons came out and hope that will fix things.

~ No it will not,the CAS CC makers will also have to update their creations, a lot got broken because of the new coding & new clothing categories for Seasons,when Seasons comes out the Coding will not change So I hope that the peeps that make the CC will update it,after C & D's a lot of creators turned their backs on fixing their stuff, being very upset that their stuff was broken, I understand from the Game makers point of view,to have change in the game basic coding must change to take on the new features, I have made my own game, & coding & stings of coding is what makes a game,so the CAS CC was made by the old game codes which no longer exist,it is all changed now with new coding,so that CC & Mods can not find the coding it was made with,so there for it makes those items nothing,as it can not find a code that no longer exists!
    ~ Sorry for rambling but it is like hitting your head against a wall & being a Moderator & have peeps say EA broke my CC, or why is my game not working?you try to explain as simple as you can why their CC or Mods are not working, & it has started for me in the explaining over & over & over,but no one understands,it is like I am speaking anouther langue to them, or maybe they do not want to listen! So sorry for my rant as well!
    ~ Basically if the CC or Mods are not updated then they need to be thrown out as they are no use to a game that is invisible to it!(it can not read what is not there!)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

• VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Yep @aussiekarima is right.

Code is code. You use the code for your CC. The code changes, it no longer recognizes your CC that was built upon an earlier code. And a lot of the time, stuff like "vanity" items, clothes, decor, etc, are gonna be okay, but the MODS such as teleport and pose player, stuff that affects behavior and gameplay like Master Controller (I dunno what that's called in Sims 4?) They're gonna break because they are built into the code, integrated into it. So they're gonna need to be updated. Another expansion is not going to fix it because the expansion is built on the newer code.

That's actually one reason I don't use Sims 4 to model. It changes too much and breaks too easily. TS4 is too unstable for my liking modeling-wise.
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
    ~ Just since the update yesterday MCCC (A Sims 4 version of Master Controller!) has had 3 Hot fixes & it still will not work, I can see a few coding errors without looking into the programming code as I am playing the game,with the new updates & about a handful of the new coding is stuff that the creator Deaderpool had incorporated into MCCC!
    ~ Now it is actually in the game coding & part of the game it is clashing as you can not have two codes for the one thing,they cancel each other out! So there is that!
    ~ I always read the update & new patch notes to know what mods will clash with the new updates!
    ~ I know I am a nerd, may as well use that!LOL!
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

edited June 2018
    How do you know which mods will clash, @aussiekarima? I read the patch notes, but is there something I have to look for? So what will I need to do? Take out the CC folder and see what works and what doesn't, how do you go about sorting that out? :/

~ Yes basically, I only had in what I needed for the Top four Model & Calvin's photo shoot & his skin was one of the things broken,once I pulled out my entire mods folder my game worked again!(Calvin looks good without the skin,but he does not look like Calvin without it!)
    ~ Well if MCCC has coding for a certain thing, to happen in game or coding to that effect, then EA uses the same exact string with the similar codes that does the exact same thing then the mod will be broken,it is hard to explain, but as I said when EA use a Code string,that is also using the same resources as a Mod,or visa versa the said item or mood or action will not work,as one will conflict with the other! They in effect cancel each other out,so game is broken & the Mod is broken!
    ~ I am playing a Vanilla game at the moment!
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

~ To sort or weed out your broken CC you do a divide & conquer, divide the mods folder into 50/50 put one half into your game, the other on your Desktop & start it up,if it does not work there is something broken in that folder, also it is wise to Delete the "cache" folder & the "localthumbcache,package" It will clear any left over script or Code from your game it will not harm your game, I do it on a regular basis! (Your game will auto generate these so do not worry,it will not break your game!)
    ~ You check each half, putting aside the halves that do not work, (I usually make two spare folders one with "OK" the other "Bad CC",but you can name them anything!LOL)you keep halving each folder & checking if that half of a half works,you keep doing this till you have mostly an OK folder full & the Bad CC folder then has to be halved,& repeat till you find the bad CC,there is no easy way, but you will find what is broken!
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

@aussiekarima

Thank you, Karima. <3<3

• ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    I haven't forgotten about this. Actually, thinking about dropping out as my creativity for this has taken a backseat to rl and my story. Going try to do something now tho and see if it works.
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    edited June 2018
    Post edited by lisabee2 on
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    I haven't forgotten about this. Actually, thinking about dropping out as my creativity for this has taken a backseat to rl and my story. Going try to do something now tho and see if it works.

Try to get something up, please. There is not many rounds left and only one final round, @ColorMePink . We've only got 6 in this as it is.

Hey there, people. I'm extending this until the 26th since so many people are having strife with the patch.

@myfavoritedesign @aussiekarima @ColorMePink @lisabee2 @abelhinha35 @Movotti

~ Thank you Lisa for the link! @lisabee2
    ~ Thank you Jen,how is your game going? @Jendowoz0612
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

~ Thank you Lisa for the link! @lisabee2
    ~ Thank you Jen,how is your game going? @Jendowoz0612

YW Karima <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    edited June 2018
    @aussiekarima

I'm just installing seasons now before I continue to put back any more CC to see if it works first, then will continue to put back some of my CC. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Edit: the game's working, now just to add more of my cc and see how it goes.

edited June 2018
    @Jendowoz0612 No worries. Went back to my original idea, which I should have just stuck with. ;)

Assignment 5 - Jeans, Jeans, Jeans
    42909330402_7e4dab9769_o.png
    Full Size

Good luck with getting your games working my Sims 4 simmers. Enjoy Seasons. :)
    Wow, Malcolm looks awesome. :)

@Jendowoz0612 Thank you. I'm glad I got it done. I hate dropping out of comps. :#
    ~ I put this in "The Top Four" Post but I do not think you saw it Jen @Jendowoz0612

~ Broken Mods for June ’18 Patch/Seasons EP by VIP
    ~ For anyone you will find the List HERE for broken & updated Mods & CC

~ UI Cheats Extension HERE on MTS
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

• abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,302 Member
    Just got onto the internet. Sorry for the delay. One of those weekends where RL just consumed my weekend and to top everything poseplayer was not being nice. :/:)

Assignment 5

GjW8qak.png
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Dan Dan the Denim Man!

tumblr_patv7eIX7e1v2n804o1_540.png

Not 100% happy with it, but hey! He's wanting to know if you want a ride on his plane or his yacht.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    edited June 2018
    I love it, nice shot, @Movotti :) Gorgeous, @abelhinha35 yay "real" snow!

Just got onto the internet. Sorry for the delay. One of those weekends where RL just consumed my weekend and to top everything poseplayer was not being nice. :/:)

Assignment 5

GjW8qak.png

There is a new edition of pose player and effects player
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    ~ Assignment 5 - Jeans, Jeans, Jeans ~
    ~ Model-Calvin ~
    YOsRb0s.png
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif