Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The return of mermaids.

VengefulNoodlesVengefulNoodles Posts: 128 Member
edited April 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I'm a huge fan of both H20: Just Add Water and H20: Mako Mermaids when the Sims 3 added mermaids I was so happy and couldn't contain myself. I'd love to see the return of mermaids in either the Sims 4 or 5. Would you like to see the return of mermaids?

Mermaid Weaknesses: Dehydration, Ambergris, and Sonar.

Powers & Abilities: Shapeshifting, Agelessness, water manipulation, siren song, weather manipulation, telepathy and Fish/cetacean Physiology.

Alignment: Neutral, good or bad.

My original post: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16421483#Comment_16421483
o5jNANX.gif

Comments

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I would love mermaids in game, but first we'd need normal Sims to finally be able to swim in bodies of water.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    TiaDogTiaDog Posts: 79 Member
    I would also like mermaids but I think we should have beaches first.(well for it to make sense or it kinda would be half-baked) And from the looks of it supernatural is going to be on its own pack. So we would get a beach gp then a mermaid sp for it to be fully function. So we probably won't get mermaids in this game.
    Sims Games I like to play - Sims 2 / Sims Medieval / Sims 2 Pets ( Wii ) / MySims / MySims Kingdom ( Wii )
    i-like-to-be-alone-but-i-hate-being-lonely-quote-1.jpg
  • Options
    ReisJewelReisJewel Posts: 22 Member
    Having mermaids back is such a cool idea! Would be awesome if they could be humans on land and mermaids in water but what are the chances of that, right?
    Origin ID: ReisJewel | My Sims Blog | "Homescapes" Challenge Group: coming soon
  • Options
    VengefulNoodlesVengefulNoodles Posts: 128 Member
    Maybe with a seasons expansion pack they will include beaches and maybe mermaids.
    o5jNANX.gif
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think we'll get Mermaids after or when we can swim. It's hard to tell how deep they'll be though.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Matthewsims123Matthewsims123 Posts: 37 Member
    Yes the can have underwater worlds and lots and houses and everything and only mermaids can live their and scuba diving sims can visit, mermaids are all life stages and mermaids only leave water when they use a rare potion and they must be back to a body of water in time for potion to wear off or they sadly die and idc what age they still die
  • Options
    AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    Mermaid is my second favorite occult next to the vampire! IMO we don’t even need a swimmable ocean. Just make sims swimming in swimming pool with window wall visible throughout the wall would be cool enough for me! If they are coming with an aquarium pack that’s better!
  • Options
    SE08SE08 Posts: 26 Member
    @Matthewsims123 I love that idea! It honestly sounds like way too much work for EA though; they typically seem to add new things while making minimal changes; crafting an underwater, fully playable world doesn't sound like them. Shame though, because that would be amazing!!!

But yes, we definitely need beaches, the scuba skill, and mermaids to all come back in the same pack! With sharks... I liked the fact that death by shark was a possibility in the sims 3.
  • Options
    CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    Because of the recent poll, we might get fleshed out mermaids in a gamepack! And after jungle adventures my hopes are a bit higher for an underwater world for mermaids to live in.
    They could also have a lot of costumization like vampires were you an make them scary or beautiful, and definitely a mermaids form with different fin types.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If just swimming in the ocean is so difficult, I don't see them adding an entire underwater mertown. Who says merfolk live underwater anyway. Just because they can swim underwater with tails from their legs doesn't mean they live underwater 24/7.

Maybe merfolk could live in huts on the side of the island that's difficult to reach, but grow tails when they swim.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If just swimming in the ocean is so difficult, I don't see them adding an entire underwater mertown. Who says merfolk live underwater anyway. Just because they can swim underwater with tails from their legs doesn't mean they live underwater 24/7.

Maybe merfolk could live in huts on the side of the island that's difficult to reach, but grow tails when they swim.

We'll never know, the reason we cannot swim in oceans right now is because most rivers and oceans are decoration. With a dedicated world they don't have that problem.
    And you are right, merfolk don't have to live in the oceans. But if they add a weakness like unable to live long on land, an underwater world would be useful
  • Options
    CeCeDot wrote: »

We'll never know, the reason we cannot swim in oceans right now is because most rivers and oceans are decoration. With a dedicated world they don't have that problem.
    And you are right, merfolk don't have to live in the oceans. But if they add a weakness like unable to live long on land, an underwater world would be useful

I think, for merfolk, instead of a HYGIENE bar there should be a HYDRATION bar. When your merperson's hydration need falls, they need to return to the water to replenish it.
  • Options

I think, for merfolk, instead of a HYGIENE bar there should be a HYDRATION bar. When your merperson's hydration need falls, they need to return to the water to replenish it.

And they can have a weakness that drains the hydration bar faster, like vampires with sunlight.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    I would love to have mermaids. I also wish one day Sims are able to swimm in the oceans / lakes.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Evil Sirens that seduce other Sims would also be cool.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    misschristine14misschristine14 Posts: 118 Member
    I LOVE Mermaids! They were my favorite life stage in Sims 3 and I hope they make them even more amazing in Sims 4. Here's basically my wish list for them after researching them some more to get ideas:
    • Swimmable beaches: they need to add this - mermaids just need to have access to the ocean or it won't make sense and will feel half-baked. I would love for them to be able to teleport through the waters.
    • Ideas for abilities: breathe underwater, weather control/atmokinesis, water manipulation/hydrokinesis, predict bad weather/have intuition, beautiful singing voice/siren song, enchanting voice with powers like the power to lure people to them or a sonic scream that can break glass/cause a storm/break electronics, have an allure/enchantment, immortal, telepathy, agility/super speed, ability to communicate with other animals/animal empathy, the ability to locate and find people/objects/portals, shape shifting, ocean sensing to sense danger in the waters, ability to freeze things under water, ability to befriend sharks and calm them down through singing, mean mermaids can summon sharks to attack divers, the return of the conch shell to call other mermaids they have met, grant wishes (I've seen this come up on some websites - think of Ursula?), ability to control the elements (up to 2 or maybe they can control the elements of a specific season and will be activated through specific emotions so that there is balance in power), special powers when there is a full moon, magical tears (like in pirates of the caribbean where they used the magical tears of a mermaid for a ritual to find the fountain of youth but maybe it can be used to make potions to walk on land?), and the ability to cause a shipwreck
    • Ideas for weaknesses: weak when away from the water for too long, dehydration, sonar, ambergris (it's basically a perfume/scent that can work like a love potion to make mermaids be attracted to humans), fire (will dry them out), beeswax (regular sims who have this item won't be enchanted by the mermaid's singing / siren song), if walking on land their feet will hurt after a few hours from being on land for too long
    • Appetite/Diet: fish, sea vegetables like kelp and sea lettuce, and any vegetarian options
    • Effects on vampires: A mermaid's plasma / blood is magical so if they drink from a mermaid, mermaid plasma can enhance a vampire's strength and maybe even have them possess a temporary power like water manipulation or weather control
    • Hobbies for Mermaids: Exploring shipwrecks, Jewelry Making (find pearls in clams/ oysters to make pearl necklaces/earrings/rings), collection of human things (like Little Mermaid <3 ), finding treasure chests, looking for underwater caves, underwater sports/exercise, playing with dolphins, having pet sharks/fish friends
    • New Underwater World: I would love for them to create a new underwater world that can be Atlantis-inspired with new tools for creating homes underwater for our mermaids! Regular sims can still visit the world through scuba diving and will always wear a scuba diving outfit or a suit specific for underwater visiting. Maybe the world can include a safe location for regular sims to visit like an underwater bar with a clear dome around it now that they included glass roofs with the Seasons expansion pack. The underwater world can include shipwrecks that they can explore, grottos, a fitness center for mermaids where they can do underwater sports, etc. In the regular worlds, maybe they can create a waterfall area where mermaids hang out (like in Peter Pan <3).
    • What I want to see come back from Sims 3: The Kraken and the Sea Monster
  • Options
    Also, don't forget to vote on the Twitter poll for Mermaids! If you don't have a twitter, just make one only to use for these polls. I wish they would do these polls on the forums but I just want my vote to count for this. Here's the link to the poll:

• Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    @misschristine14 these are really good ideas I hope the devs see this
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    edited July 2018
    I would definitely love to see the return of mermaids!!

Hopefully they'll be able to add swimmable beaches/oceans to all worlds, however I think that feature would come out in a tropical vacation pack. I don't think all worlds would have swimmable beaches either, like Oasis Springs wouldn't have it. Mermaids would either come in that pack or in a separate pack (to fully develop that supernatural state) after the tropical pack and witches pack. I think the return of mermaids could bring new types of underwater creatures, like jellyfish, sea urchins, sharks, dolphins, stingrays, etc. It could also give sims new things to do on the beach like swim, snorkel, mermaid watch, dolphin watch, lifeguard, scuba dive, collect seashells, collect fish/shellfish with nets (to collect more than one at a time), signal mermaids with conch shell.

I really love the ideas that I'm reading on this thread. I like the idea of having good/bad mermaids with different powers, spells, and siren songs. Maybe a spell to keep the creatures calm for human sims to scuba dive without being attacked/stung by anything. I think it would be cool to be able to communicate with other underwater creatures. Maybe they can wear amulets that change colors depending on their mood. In the description of sirens (that I included in the spoilers along with pictures), it said that they could have a taste for blood, so like vampires of the sea? :worried: That would actually be really cool.

Food: Shellfish, Plants (Edible Aquatic plants/Kelp), Maybe berries that grow near the shore to make it easier for mermaids to reach them

Abilities: Scavenge, Singing, Create Spells/Potions/Songs (have to earn this ability), Communicate with sea and land creatures (have to earn this ability), Walk on Land (have to earn this ability)

Weakness: Dehydration (from not being in water for a while), Pollution (if sims leave their garbage for a long period of time on the beach, it can make them feel weak/sick), Fishermen nets (maybe tail can get caught in one or make them feel sad since fish are friends, not food),

Other: Lounge/tan on the shore or on the large rocks, underwater ceremonies, play with fish, laugh at mermaid inspired things

Build/Buy: Underwater or fisherman/nautical inspired items, like rock walls, compact mirrors, boulder (that acts like lounge chair), clam shell beds, antique items/trinkets, shell phone, surfboards, anchors, fishnets, etc

Weather: Underwater, when it's winter, the water temperature could drop. If it's warm, the water gets warmer. If there's a storm, the waters could be more rough acting like a windy day underwater where things start to sway from the rough currents and waves. On land, human sims would need to leave from the beach to avoid getting hit by lighting or getting caught in the rough waters.

CAS: For all ages. Not sure how attires would work for mermaids. Maybe they're alternate form (like how vampires have a dark form) would be their human form which unlocks all the outfits and categories. As mermaid form, they have their tail, bralettes/tops, new tattoos, new hair colors, lots of accessories like crowns, hats, bracelets, shells, etc. Maybe we can pick their tail colors and the colors can get passed down to offspring. Maybe some will have an ombre tail while others have plain tails. Sirens have the spiky tails (as described in the spoiler image), new wavy/curly hairstyles

@misschristine14
    I love all these ideas!

I think to get 'mermaid tears', mermaids (and maybe witches/reg. sims) can travel to an underwater cave in the underwater world (like how the secret location works in the Granite Falls) and find the 'bruja del mar', which I believe is called witch of the ocean or sea hag in English. I looked online and it's basically what Ursula was in the Little Mermaid movie. I'm not sure if any of you have played 'left for dead 2', but it can act like the crying witch. She is in a random location, crying, and if found and provoked, she attacks. So maybe to get the 'mermaid tears' that was mentioned before, the sim can approach the bruja del mar and either befriend/provoke her. Her personality could be unpredictable and irrational so it would always be a 50/50 chance that you get the potion that day or you'd have to wait til the next day. Maybe the fountain of youth could be there as well.

I think it would be cool if sims who want to fall in love with mermaids can request love potions from witches and ask the witch to mix in the mermaid tears to attract mermaids to them or to have mermaid tears complete other potions for witches or sims with high skill level in herbalism, like mermaid cure, magical kelp (like in sims 3), siren weakness (like the beeswax thing you mentioned), sunburn treatment (for mermaids who stayed in the sun too long and damaged their tails), etc.

I also think the dome underwater could be a cool idea, like an underwater restaurant/lounge or resort, or like how someone else mentioned an aquarium. Instead of capturing creatures and placing them in tanks, the human sims can go underwater and look at the creatures in their natural habitat :smile:

L4D2 Witch:

left4dead14.jpg

Bruja Del Mar (Witch of the Ocean/Sea Hag):
    brujas-de-agua.jpg
    e9b373fdca734a71985cc72041b10cd3--exotic-art-color-print.jpg
    siren-profile.jpg
    siren-tv-show-interview-eline-powell.jpg

Build/Buy Mode:
    giphy.gif
    ariel-asleep-disney-mermaid-princess-Favim.com-292107.gif
    latest?cb=20160619033454

CAS (hairstyles):
    fb2c70db55d97a4e4b24a2174dd97614a7a7ea99193c58b64efa83a668a65788_large
    aquata01.jpg
    latest?cb=20110316233817
    1a796497b5040996e8fe5b275693e31e.jpg
    4bde78c6ffc9c968bee5704012fea4eb--cultura-pop-black-art.jpg
    3e25d40d246a808c874a6036f50b6c64.jpg
    14.-Crowned-Mermaid.jpg
    HTB1.Y1UJpXXXXa8XXXXq6xXFXXXY.jpg
    233f44b83643a9486a1df5bf853fcd87.jpg
    31973739_1649315228497047_4838262568541749248_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTc4MTc3MjU3ODQ4NDIxNDkyMA%3D%3D.2
    917ac946aa011e23c01c5c7bd894e66c--wet-hair.jpg
    mermaid-tail-braid-hairstyle-hair-tutorial.jpg
    44a91f42a931e81e823ca2b4f7f599fc.jpg
    Cara-Delevingne-wet-hairstyles-2017-summer.jpg
    18-wet-hair-lede.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.jpg
    13bca56a7520f637f9ba937a367b2e65--shells-african-style.jpg
    ac37d75cc7317bcfdf4379759fe3f012.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    43b59c236dbc99c9ce6e4c31521ed908.jpg
    negras-com-o-cabelo-colorido-black-girl-colored-hair-36.jpg
    3-braided-looks-we-rocked-as-kids-that-were-still-wearing-today-2356273.640x0c.jpg
    da1cc3686e56afd6fcb1ed8d796a345e.jpg
    25060417-mermaid-hair-.jpg
    beautiful-curly-goals-hair-Favim.com-2355741.jpg
    0138d89bef593c0c57451f6b9d09892f--rihanna-hairstyles-rihanna-fenty.jpg
    aqua-mohawk.jpg
    b658c74e55c18c50b4540416e4a0be57.jpg
    Abdul-Kircher-Merman-Hair-Blue--e1495767696145.jpg
    61521e52d5423bab0ec365268c1a7e7d.jpg
    Live-True-London-Top-London-Hair-Salon-Mens-Hair-Colour-London-Mens-Hair-Colour-Clapham-Bright-Hair-London-Bright-Hair-Clapham-Hair-Colour-Clapham-Olaplex-London-Olaplex-Clapham.jpeg
    Turquoise-hair-color-with-blonde-2016.jpg
    529fcd1772308a18a87e8ef4ff6cfec3--michael-jackson-thriller-short-films.jpg
    main-qimg-21405799c84d8e24154a1d20c3ff4b2a
    8a6afd05990c33c4ba7d9923cdc164f1-sexy-black-men-with-dreads-dreadlocks-girl-black.jpg
    bc0d8f5ed65b3f5d73d064dead2da62a.jpg
    joseprivilegebarber-merman-hair-white-rose-violet-hair-color-men.jpg

Food:
    mermaid-sushi-20170517165718.jpg~q75,dx720y432u1r1gg,c--.jpg
    29655_paella_mixta.jpg
    kelpcocktails.png
    AgeOldKelp.jpg

Actions:
    original.gif
    hqdefault.jpg
    a9f53eb16ead325f1daa4020d62b619a--daria-werbowy-patrick-demarchelier.jpg
    tumblr_nkbt267z9n1qm6oc3o1_250.gif
    latest?cb=20140313212014
    adult_melody_as_a_mermaid_by_azulalover1-darwgiy.jpg

Amulet:
    amulet12.jpg

Always glowing with color of emotion (or if they are in their mermaid phase) unless they are sad after giving up an ability to trade for going on land.
    Post edited by ayyitsmell on
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• Options
    ayyitsmell wrote: »
    I would definitely love to see the return of mermaids!!

Hopefully they'll be able to add swimmable beaches/oceans to all worlds, however I think that feature would come out in a tropical vacation pack. I don't think all worlds would have swimmable beaches either, like Oasis Springs wouldn't have it. Mermaids would either come in that pack or in a separate pack (to fully develop that supernatural state) after the tropical pack and witches pack. I think the return of mermaids could bring new types of underwater creatures, like jellyfish, sea urchins, sharks, dolphins, stingrays, etc. It could also give sims new things to do on the beach like swim, snorkel, mermaid watch, dolphin watch, lifeguard, scuba dive, collect seashells, collect fish/shellfish with nets (to collect more than one at a time), signal mermaids with conch shell.

I really love the ideas that I'm reading on this thread. I like the idea of having good/bad mermaids with different powers, spells, and siren songs. Maybe a spell to keep the creatures calm for human sims to scuba dive without being attacked/stung by anything. I think it would be cool to be able to communicate with other underwater creatures. Maybe they can wear amulets that change colors depending on their mood. In the description of sirens (that I included in the spoilers along with pictures), it said that they could have a taste for blood, so like vampires of the sea? :worried: That would actually be really cool.

Food: Shellfish, Plants (Edible Aquatic plants/Kelp), Maybe berries that grow near the shore to make it easier for mermaids to reach them

Abilities: Scavenge, Singing, Create Spells/Potions/Songs (have to earn this ability), Communicate with sea and land creatures (have to earn this ability), Walk on Land (have to earn this ability)

Weakness: Dehydration (from not being in water for a while), Pollution (if sims leave their garbage for a long period of time on the beach, it can make them feel weak/sick), Fishermen nets (maybe tail can get caught in one or make them feel sad since fish are friends, not food),

Other: Lounge/tan on the shore or on the large rocks, underwater ceremonies, play with fish, laugh at mermaid inspired things

Build/Buy: Underwater or fisherman/nautical inspired items, like rock walls, compact mirrors, boulder (that acts like lounge chair), clam shell beds, antique items/trinkets, shell phone, surfboards, anchors, fishnets, etc

Weather: Underwater, when it's winter, the water temperature could drop. If it's warm, the water gets warmer. If there's a storm, the waters could be more rough acting like a windy day underwater where things start to sway from the rough currents and waves. On land, human sims would need to leave from the beach to avoid getting hit by lighting or getting caught in the rough waters.

CAS: For all ages. Not sure how attires would work for mermaids. Maybe they're alternate form (like how vampires have a dark form) would be their human form which unlocks all the outfits and categories. As mermaid form, they have their tail, bralettes/tops, new tattoos, new hair colors, lots of accessories like crowns, hats, bracelets, shells, etc. Maybe we can pick their tail colors and the colors can get passed down to offspring. Maybe some will have an ombre tail while others have plain tails. Sirens have the plum tails (as described in the spoiler image), new wavy/curly hairstyles

@misschristine14
    I love all these ideas!

I think to get 'mermaid tears', mermaids (and maybe witches/reg. sims) can travel to an underwater cave in the underwater world (like how the secret location works in the Granite Falls) and find the 'bruja del mar', which I believe is called witch of the ocean or sea hag in English. I looked online and it's basically what Ursula was in the Little Mermaid movie. I'm not sure if any of you have played 'left for dead 2', but it can act like the crying witch. She is in a random location, crying, and if found and provoked, she attacks. So maybe to get the 'mermaid tears' that was mentioned before, the sim can approach the bruja del mar and either befriend/provoke her. Her personality could be unpredictable and irrational so it would always be a 50/50 chance that you get the potion that day or you'd have to wait til the next day. Maybe the fountain of youth could be there as well.

I think it would be cool if sims who want to fall in love with mermaids can request love potions from witches and ask the witch to mix in the mermaid tears to attract mermaids to them or to have mermaid tears complete other potions for witches or sims with high skill level in herbalism, like mermaid cure, magical kelp (like in sims 3), siren weakness (like the beeswax thing you mentioned), sunburn treatment (for mermaids who stayed in the sun too long and damaged their tails), etc.

I also think the dome underwater could be a cool idea, like an underwater restaurant/lounge or resort, or like how someone else mentioned an aquarium. Instead of capturing creatures and placing them in tanks, the human sims can go underwater and look at the creatures in their natural habitat :smile:

L4D2 Witch:

left4dead14.jpg

Bruja Del Mar (Witch of the Ocean/Sea Hag):
    brujas-de-agua.jpg
    e9b373fdca734a71985cc72041b10cd3--exotic-art-color-print.jpg
    siren-profile.jpg
    siren-tv-show-interview-eline-powell.jpg

Build/Buy Mode:
    giphy.gif
    ariel-asleep-disney-mermaid-princess-Favim.com-292107.gif
    latest?cb=20160619033454

CAS (hairstyles):
    fb2c70db55d97a4e4b24a2174dd97614a7a7ea99193c58b64efa83a668a65788_large
    aquata01.jpg
    latest?cb=20110316233817
    1a796497b5040996e8fe5b275693e31e.jpg
    4bde78c6ffc9c968bee5704012fea4eb--cultura-pop-black-art.jpg
    3e25d40d246a808c874a6036f50b6c64.jpg
    14.-Crowned-Mermaid.jpg
    HTB1.Y1UJpXXXXa8XXXXq6xXFXXXY.jpg
    233f44b83643a9486a1df5bf853fcd87.jpg
    31973739_1649315228497047_4838262568541749248_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTc4MTc3MjU3ODQ4NDIxNDkyMA%3D%3D.2
    917ac946aa011e23c01c5c7bd894e66c--wet-hair.jpg
    mermaid-tail-braid-hairstyle-hair-tutorial.jpg
    44a91f42a931e81e823ca2b4f7f599fc.jpg
    Cara-Delevingne-wet-hairstyles-2017-summer.jpg
    18-wet-hair-lede.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.jpg
    13bca56a7520f637f9ba937a367b2e65--shells-african-style.jpg
    ac37d75cc7317bcfdf4379759fe3f012.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    43b59c236dbc99c9ce6e4c31521ed908.jpg
    negras-com-o-cabelo-colorido-black-girl-colored-hair-36.jpg
    3-braided-looks-we-rocked-as-kids-that-were-still-wearing-today-2356273.640x0c.jpg
    da1cc3686e56afd6fcb1ed8d796a345e.jpg
    25060417-mermaid-hair-.jpg
    beautiful-curly-goals-hair-Favim.com-2355741.jpg
    0138d89bef593c0c57451f6b9d09892f--rihanna-hairstyles-rihanna-fenty.jpg
    aqua-mohawk.jpg
    b658c74e55c18c50b4540416e4a0be57.jpg
    Abdul-Kircher-Merman-Hair-Blue--e1495767696145.jpg
    61521e52d5423bab0ec365268c1a7e7d.jpg
    Live-True-London-Top-London-Hair-Salon-Mens-Hair-Colour-London-Mens-Hair-Colour-Clapham-Bright-Hair-London-Bright-Hair-Clapham-Hair-Colour-Clapham-Olaplex-London-Olaplex-Clapham.jpeg
    Turquoise-hair-color-with-blonde-2016.jpg
    529fcd1772308a18a87e8ef4ff6cfec3--michael-jackson-thriller-short-films.jpg
    main-qimg-21405799c84d8e24154a1d20c3ff4b2a
    8a6afd05990c33c4ba7d9923cdc164f1-sexy-black-men-with-dreads-dreadlocks-girl-black.jpg
    bc0d8f5ed65b3f5d73d064dead2da62a.jpg
    joseprivilegebarber-merman-hair-white-rose-violet-hair-color-men.jpg

Food:
    mermaid-sushi-20170517165718.jpg~q75,dx720y432u1r1gg,c--.jpg
    29655_paella_mixta.jpg
    kelpcocktails.png
    AgeOldKelp.jpg

Actions:
    original.gif
    hqdefault.jpg
    a9f53eb16ead325f1daa4020d62b619a--daria-werbowy-patrick-demarchelier.jpg
    tumblr_nkbt267z9n1qm6oc3o1_250.gif
    latest?cb=20140313212014
    adult_melody_as_a_mermaid_by_azulalover1-darwgiy.jpg

Amulet:
    amulet12.jpg

Always glowing with color of emotion (or if they are in their mermaid phase) unless they are sad after giving up an ability to trade for going on land.

I absolutely LOVE your post!!! I love that pollution can be a weakness and the build/buy options you mentioned specifically but I love everything overall! So, your post inspired me to go find pictures of hairstyles I would like to see for mermaids. Here are some pictures I found on Google:

tumblr_pb7o175ImT1xyiy8co1_540.jpg
    tumblr_pb7o175ImT1xyiy8co2_500.jpg
    tumblr_pb7o175ImT1xyiy8co3_500.jpg
    tumblr_pb7o175ImT1xyiy8co4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pb7o175ImT1xyiy8co5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pb7o175ImT1xyiy8co6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pb7o175ImT1xyiy8co7_640.jpg
    tumblr_pb7o175ImT1xyiy8co8_250.jpg
    tumblr_pb7o175ImT1xyiy8co9_540.jpg
    tumblr_pb7o175ImT1xyiy8co10_500.jpg
    tumblr_pb7oh7TmrU1xyiy8co2_400.jpg
    tumblr_pb7oh7TmrU1xyiy8co3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pb7oh7TmrU1xyiy8co4_500.png
    tumblr_pb7oh7TmrU1xyiy8co5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pb7oh7TmrU1xyiy8co6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pb7oh7TmrU1xyiy8co7_640.jpg
    tumblr_pb7oh7TmrU1xyiy8co8_640.jpg
    tumblr_pb7oh7TmrU1xyiy8co9_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pb7oh7TmrU1xyiy8co1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pb7ontmQMu1xyiy8co1_250.jpg
    tumblr_pb7ontmQMu1xyiy8co2_500.jpg
    tumblr_pb7ontmQMu1xyiy8co3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pb7ontmQMu1xyiy8co4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pb7ontmQMu1xyiy8co5_400.jpg
    tumblr_pb7oq7UBco1xyiy8co2_400.jpg
    tumblr_pb7oq7UBco1xyiy8co3_500.jpg
    tumblr_pb7oq7UBco1xyiy8co1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pb7oq7UBco1xyiy8co4_540.jpg

• Options
    Different tail types!!!
  • Options
    Different tail types!!!

I know, right? Everyone seems more concerned with hair styles than tails, which are the main thing about merfolk.

I want colors but I also want different Caudal tails. Some larger than others, some smaller than others. Maybe the big ones are for speed, but the small ones are better at turning quickly. Plus, maybe the big tails could make fun of the small tails, think Nemo.
  • Options
    Different tail types!!!

I know, right? Everyone seems more concerned with hair styles than tails, which are the main thing about merfolk.

I want colors but I also want different Caudal tails. Some larger than others, some smaller than others. Maybe the big ones are for speed, but the small ones are better at turning quickly. Plus, maybe the big tails could make fun of the small tails, think Nemo.

Speed could be a power instead of a tail type. I would like not only fish tails but octopus tails, jellyfish tails, shark tails, leg fins, etc... And other costumization options that can make my merfolk way different from each other!
    Though there could be a mean interaction between merfolk that insults tail size?
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited July 2018
    I'm all for more supernaturals in game, including mermaids, if they improve them from the sims 3 mermaids. I used to hate that random sims would turn into mermaids and you had no way of turning them off like all the rest of the supernaturals. Another thing that bothered me was that they could only eat kelp or raw fish. If you cooked the fish it wouldn't fill up their hunger as much. I understand other cooked food not filling them up but cooked fish? That never made any sense to me. Another thing was that mermaid child sims didn't have tails. Why? Improve these three things and add the ability to swim in the ocean and i'm happy with reintroducing mermaids.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    Different tail types!!!

Speed could be a power instead of a tail type. I would like not only fish tails but octopus tails, jellyfish tails, shark tails, leg fins, etc... And other costumization options that can make my merfolk way different from each other!
    Though there could be a mean interaction between merfolk that insults tail size?

I wasn't thinking mean as much as just poking fun at someone. "Oooohhh! Look at that tiny caudal fin! How do swim with that little tail?"