Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Don't Remember Buying Barnacle Bay?

So I went to check the price on Barnacle Bay, thinking about buying it at some point. When I went to the page it had a download link. I clicked it, and it appears to have downloaded fine into my game...? But I don't remember buying it? Is there some kind of promotion I could've gotten it through? I have almost all the worlds and, like, so many downloads from the site back from when you could watch those videos for free points. I also have all the expansion packs. I don't know if this is some sort of "complete your set" thing or something, since I've gotten a lot of stuff through that.

Or I'm not sure if this is some kind of mistake or glitch? I'm always so paranoid of getting in trouble for "exploiting" glitches. I blame too much Neopets as a child XD

Comments

• Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    Barnacle Bay codes were given away as a promotion with Island Paradise. Is it possible that you entered the code along with your other registration codes and forgot about it? You could search your old emails and check that you registered it.
  • Options
    SerabeeSerabee Posts: 135 Member
    I suppose it's possible. Did they continue to give them out even recently? Because I bought IP LONG after it was released (I played Sims 4 first)
  • Options
    mishuxxsmishuxxs Posts: 10 New Member
    Lol I just found out I have Barnacle Bay too but I never bought it. In fact it isn't on my purchase history or registered on my profile but I can install it. So weird
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    There was a promotion a very long time ago whereby if we pre-ordered Uni (or maybe it was IP as said come to think about it), players were supposed to get BB for free. No one got it. Much later, EA apologized and "fixed" that by offering up BB to everyone who owns the pack whose pre-order promotion was broken whether it was pre-ordered or not. I got it myself that way without even realizing it or redeeming any codes a few years ago, none of my packs were pre-orders at the time they were released, and others are still only just finding out that they got it as well.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    mishuxxsmishuxxs Posts: 10 New Member
    Yeah I read about that, but I got my games just recently this month so I thought they could have fixed that already. I guess not :tongue: Anyways the store looks closed for maintenance for me so I can't really see if I'm still "owning" the world.
  • Options
    SerabeeSerabee Posts: 135 Member
    OH! Okay. Yah, I have University, but I bought all these games long after they were released. Like I said, I played Sims 4 long before I bought Sims 3 XD I love 'em both, but for different reasons. And lately I've been on a Sims 3 kick.