You guys... I have finally been able to play Sims 2, and I'm having a blast!
Some fun moments:
1) At university, lightning caused a fire that was burning the mascot and my sim's boyfriend. My sim ran out onto the balcony to help, almost caught on fire herself. Managed to save boyfriend, but the mascot died. It was exciting to have that unexpected danger after playing sims 4 for so long.
2) I briefly played the plantsim family, discovered how easy it was to make plantsim babies and promptly made as many as I could. Too many toddlers! Spent four days raising plantsim toddlers in the yard, was glad it was a rainy season.
3) I added an arch, cake, and champagne to the love hedgemaze park and had my Romantic sim have an impromptu wedding with her fiancé there, which made everyone at the park like guests. For fun I had her scope the room, and she thought someone else there was hotter than her husband! Even more trouble was revealed when I discovered her husband liked that she was unemployed, but her dream was to top the athletic career! They, uh, might not last.
I was surprised at what objects were NOT in sims 2 that were in sims 3 and either are in 4 or people want in 4. Object wise it is not the winner for sure...
But for gameplay, it's been so much fun. I like the attraction! And the videos in special moments, I kinda wish we had that now. There are lots of other things that are great about sims 2 that I now wish they continued.
I do have some questions, if anyone knows;
1) is there a way to extend the childhood lifespan without mods? Or Is only way to freeze time for everyone? If I do freeze time, how do you age people up later? Any way to force an age up?
2) I have not found any werewolves! Any tips there?
There's no doubt a ton of things I haven't figured out, haha! It'll be fun to explore while waiting for Sims 4 seasons.