Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4: Disney/Pixar Legacy Challenge Rules

Minty1992Minty1992 Posts: 616 Member
So I love PlayingWithMah's Disney Princess Legacy story challenge for The Sims 4 but let's be honest there are some amazing Disney movies which feature no princesses at all – Toy Story, Lion king and Hercules. There are more but these ones are my favourites. So this challenge is based on a range of different Disney movies (Disney Princess movies and Non Disney Princess movies). I have tried to keep to the original Disney movie scripts as much as I can but with the current Sims 4 and packs I have been limited in what I can do. If you want to you can play this challenge with the original rules of the 10 Generation Legacy - although some rules may vary. I have tried to make this as base game friendly as I can so everyone can play and have made optional rules for some generations that require an EP or GP. Feel free to change the genders of the characters, eg. a female Aladdin or a male Snow White.

Before I list the generations I want to link you back to PlayingWithMah's Disney Princess Legacy and Stephanie812's Disney Legacy for The Sims 3. I have drawn some inspiration from these already amazing Legacy Challenges and wanted to give credit to them for spawning my creativity for this Challenge, although I might have done some of the same movies I have tried to use my own style and add in my own rules.

Now on with the challenge:

Generation 1, Aladdin: "Gotta keep one jump ahead of the breadline, one swing ahead of the sword. I steal only what I can't afford (That's everything!). One jump ahead of the lawmen, that's all, and that's no joke. These guys don't appreciate I'm broke"
Backstory: Aladdin has always been a favourite of mine and for me his film is the classic Rags to Riches story, so what better way to kick off a Legacy Challenge than with this. Your founder sim, Aladdin, is poor and homeless and has grown up on the mean streets of SimNation and thievery is the only survival tactic he knows.

CAS Requirements:
- Must have the Kleptomaniac Trait.
- Must have the Chief of Mischief Aspiration.
- Banned Traits: Mean, Evil, Snob, Non-Committal

Gameplay Rules/Storyline Requirements:
- Own the biggest lot, (Only allowed to have THREE walls. Four walls would make it a home and your sim is supposed to be homeless. Roof is optional).
- Can only spend money on the bare essentials (Toilet, Bed, Sink, Two Counters, Fridge, Oven, Small Dining Table and One Chair). If you want any other items you must steal them.
- MUST be in the criminal career, you can also make extra money from stealing, (even after you are married).
- Can only have two friends (Genie and Abu)
- Must fall in love with someone already in a relationship (Jasmine) and start an affair. (The person cannot already be married).
- Become enemies with lover's partner (Jafar).
- Convince Lover to break-off her relationship.
- Get married to lover, have children (The three wall requirement and the spending restrictions are no longer in effect. Build and buy whatever you want).
- Quit your job, you no longer need to be a criminal to get by. (You can steal)

Generation 2, Nightmare Before Christmas: "I am the one hiding under your bed, teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing red. I am the one hiding under yours stairs, fingers like snakes and spiders in my hair. This is Halloween, this is Halloween."
Backstory: Much to your mother's annoyance your father's bedtime stories were tall-tales about his life of crime. You fell in love with the idea and want to follow in his footsteps, however you don’t just want to be any criminal you want to be the most famous criminal that ever was.

CAS Requirements:
- Must have the Public Enemy Aspiration.
- Banned Traits: N/A

- Make best friends with someone (Sally) before turning into a YA.
- Join the criminal career once you become a YA.
- Make enemies with a colleague (Oogie Boogie).
- Reach the top of the criminal career.
- Realise you love your best friend and start a relationship with her, but only once you reach the top of your career.
- Quit your job--love has changed you!
- Get married, have kids.

Generation 3, Pocahontas: "You think I'm an ignorant savage, you've been so many places, I guess it must be so. Still I cannot see, if the savage one is me, how can there be so much that you don't know?"
Backstory: You heard the stories of how your father gave up his career for love. However you love adventures and don’t want to be tied down like your father. This doesn't mean that you will say no to love, it just means you won't give up on your dreams either.

CAS Requirements:
- Must have the Noncommittal and Active Traits.
- Must have the Outdoor Enthusiast Aspiration. (Requires Outdoor Retreat or use The Curator Aspiration).
- Banned Traits: Unflirty

- While a teenager date someone your parents approve of (Kocoum).
- Optional: Have a pet racoon (Meeko) and a pet bird (Flit) - (Requires Cats and Dogs).
- Have one Best Friend (Nakoma) and one Enemy (Governor John Ratcliffe).
- When you become a YA start an affair with someone from out of town. (John Smith).
- Optional: Take a holiday each week (Requires Outdoor Retreat and/or Jungle Adventure).
- Become engaged and have one child.
- Break-off the engagement and kick out partner.
- Start a relationship with someone else out of town (John Rolfe).
- Finally get married.
- Have a maximum of 2 more children.

Generation 4, Cinderella: "Cinderelly, Cinderelly. Night and day it's Cinderelly. Make the fire, fix the breakfast, wash the dishes, do the mopping. And the sweeping and the dusting, they always keep her hopping. She goes around in circles, till she's very, very dizzy, still they holler"
Backstory: Thanks to your mother's wild ways, you have been 'blessed' with two evil half-sisters. Although they forced you to cook and clean you always enjoyed making meals and testing different flavours. When Cinderella becomes a teenager, this story begins.

CAS Requirements:
- Must have the Neat and Foodie Traits.
- Must have the Soulmate Aspiration.
- Banned Traits: Lazy, mean, evil and Snob

- Biological parent must pass away before or when Cinderella becomes a teenager.
- Optional: Can have two pets (Gus and Jac) - (Requires Cats and Dogs).
- Cinderella is only allowed to have one friend (Fairy Godmother).
- Must make all of the beds in the morning and cook all of the meals (You are not allowed to use any services on the phone, Cinderella must do all the work).
- Must reach at least level 8 cooking before YA.
- After becoming a YA, family throws a party every week. Cinderella must work at each party.
- Meet your true love at one of these parties.
- Kick family out of the house once you get engaged to your “Prince Charming”.
- May not have a job until you are married.
- Once married you can have only one child.

Generation 5, Lion King: "I'm gonna be the main event like no king was before, I'm brushing up on looking down I'm working on my roar"
Backstory: Your parents have been grooming you to take over the family business you have the talent needed for it but you lack self control and suffer from too much pride. Only a big life changing journey can prepare you for your future role. Simba's story starts when he is still a child.

CAS Requirements:
- Must have the Leader of the Pack Aspiration. (Requires Get Together or use The Friend of the World Aspiration).

- Become enemies with one of your Aunts/Uncles (Scar).
- Have a parent pass away in a tragic 'accident' while still a child.
- Runaway from home.
- Join a club (Requires Get Together).
- Have a life changing epiphany.
- Move back into your original house.
- Become Club leader. (Requires Get Together).
- Get married have at least two children. (Kion and Kara)

Generation 6, The Princess and the Frog: "When I'm a human being, at least I'll act like one. If you do your best each and every day, good things are sure to come your way"
Backstory: Hmmph! Has no-one in your family ever worked a hard honest day in their life! Your dad was handed the family business, your ancestors were thieves and criminals. Your grandmother had to wait for a man to save her and your great-grandmother followed her dream but ruined the lives of everyone she met. But you've had enough, you dream of starting your very own business and to create a good public image.

CAS Requirements:
- Must have the Ambitious and Foodie Traits.
- Must have the Master Chef Aspiration.
- Banned Traits: Snob

- Have a parent pass away before becoming a YA.
- Join the culinary career.
- Become enemies with someone who has a conflicting trait to yours. (Prince Naveen)
- Be turned into a different Life State (Vampire, PlantSim, Ghost, Skeleton, Occult Mods).
- Give up on your dream and search for a cure.
- Find something to bond over with your enemy.
- Cure yourself and become a normal sim again.
- Once cured, fall in love in your enemy and get married. (Prince Naveen)
- Option 1: After getting married re-join and reach the top of the Culinary career.
- Option 2: (Requires Dine Out) After getting married buy and run a restaurant.
- Option 3: (Requires Get to Work) After getting married buy and run a Café/Bakery
- Have only one child.

Generation 7, Hercules: "I have often dreamed of a far off place, where a great warm welcome will be waiting for me. Where the crowds will cheer when they see my face, and a voice keeps saying this is where I'm meant to be."
Backstory: You was kidnapped by your uncle as a child and grew up not knowing your biological parents. Growing up you was picked on as a child for being skinny and weak, so you focused on exercise and becoming stronger. Wanting to work hard to prove yourself you moved out as a Young Adult.

CAS Requirements:
- Must have the Active and Bro Traits.
- Must have the Bodybuilder Aspiration.
- Banned Traits: Evil and Mean.

- MUST live with your uncle (Hades) until you become an YA.
- Move out and find your own home.
- Join the detective career. (Requires Get To Work – If you don’t have GTW join the Secret Agent career).
- Befriend your boss. (Philoctetes).
- Fall in love with someone (Megara) in the Criminal career.
- Become enemies with your uncle.
- Protect your lover from your Uncle.
- Get engaged to your lover.
- Meet your parents and move into the legacy home.
- Get married and have many children.

Generation 8, The Little Mermaid: "I wanna be where the people are. I wanna see, wanna see 'em dancin'. Walkin' around on those - What do ya call 'em? Oh, feet"
Backstory: Although your father managed to escape his evil uncle, a curse was put on your family you and your siblings were born different. Growing up your parents isolated you from the world due to fear that people would pick on you for being different. That was until you met a tall, dark, and handsome stranger.

I recommend using this mod, Mermaid Mod by Nyx (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=607804)

CAS Requirements:
- Must have the Loves the Outdoors Trait.

- Must own a pool and swim in it everyday.
- Get turned into a different Life State (Vampire, PlantSim, Ghost, Skeleton, Occult Mods).
- Fall in love.
- Look for a cure.
- Have a least one enemy (Ursula)
- Love yourself for yourself.
- Optional: Find and take the cure.
- Get married and fight your enemy on your wedding day.
- Have children.

Generation 9, Tangled: "I've got a dream (She's got a dream), I've got a dream (She's got a dream). I just want to see the floating lanterns gleam. And with every passing hour, I'm so glad I left my tower. Like all you lovely folks, I've got a dream."
Backstory: Your parents were fools. They thought they could go up against the great and powerful Ursula and not suffer any consequences. When you was born Ursula stole you away and locked you in a tower cutting you off from your family. Taking on the role of 'Mother'. 'Mother' never trusted you so you was never allowed to venture into the outside world. Growing up you never really knew of your past.

CAS Requirements:
- Must have the Loner Trait.
- Must have the Painter Extraordinaire Aspiration.
- Banned Traits: Loves the Outdoors and Outgoing.

- Must reach at least level 5 painting before YA.
- May only ever leave the house for school.
- Optional: for more realism be home-schooled (http://www.modthesims.info/d/592087).
- When you become a YA you can start to sneak out of the tower.
- Meet and fall in love with a stranger (Flynn Rider).
- Become enemies with 'Mother'.
- Meet your birth parents and move back home.
- Marry your true love.

Generation 10 – Ending, Peter Pan: "When there's a smile in your heart, there's no better time to start. Think of all the joy you'll find, when you leave the world behind, and bid your cares goodbye. You can fly, you can fly! You can fly, you can fly! You can fly!"
Backstory: Afraid of ruining your happy childhood, your parents let you do whatever you want with no consequences. As a result you never learnt to grow up and have been diagnosed with Peter Pan Syndrome. Seeing life as a game your mind cannot take the stress of being an adult.

CAS Requirements:
- Must have the Insane and Childish Traits.
- Must have the Joke Star Aspiration.

- Become enemies with your social worker/carer (Captain Hook).
- May never get a job.
- Constantly tell jokes and act like a child.
- Never get married or have children (That's Disgusting!).
- Die alone.

*If you are an only child you can finish the story here, or if you have siblings you can switch to playing a spare and continue the legacy.

Generation 10 – Happier Ending, Brave: "Where dark woods hide secrets and mountains are fierce and bold. Deep waters hold reflections of times lost long ago. I will hear their every story, take hold of my own dream. Be as strong as the seas are stormy and proud as an eagle's scream."
Backstory: You always felt sorry for your mother – growing up trapped in a tower, than trapped in a home and marriage, never having true freedom – at least that's your opinion. Well you won't follow the same route and want to be free to live your own life. When Merida becomes a teenager this story begins.

CAS Requirements:
- Must have the Active and Non-committal Traits.
- Must have the Renaissance Sim Aspiration.
- Banned Traits: Romantic

- Become best friends with your father (King Fergus).
- Become enemies with a stranger (Mor'du).
- While still a teen, go on a three different first dates with three different people (Young MacGuffin, Young Macintosh and Wee Dingwall) dumping each of them afterwards.
- When becoming a YA you also become enemies with your mother (Queen Elinor).
- Using the help of a local witch you turn your mother into an occult sim, which also unintentionally turns your siblings (Harris, Hubert, and Hamish) into Occult sims too.
- Befriend your mother before curing her and your family from the curse.
- With your mother accepting you for who you are you live your life as you please.
- You eventually get married as an elder and being to old to have children share your last days with your partner.

*If you want to finish the story here you and your partner can die of old age, or if want to continue the legacy you can instead get married as a fully mature adult and have one child before becoming an elder.
cropped-title-screen-1.png
My Disney Legacy!

Post edited by Minty1992 on

Comments

• Options
    OPTIONAL OR ADDITIONAL GENERATIONS!

Here are some optional generations that you can use instead of the one's listed above or you can add them to the original 10 generations to make it last longer! If you have suggestions for any other Disney movies you would like to see as additional generations you can let me know and I will write it up.

The Fox and the Hound: "When you're the best of friends having so much fun together. You're not even aware, you're such a funny pair. You're the best of friends"
    Backstory: It was never planned but you and your family somehow formed its own sort of clique. When you eventually went to school you found out that there were people with different types of interests and skills and this amazed you. Eventually you met and befriended someone who was your complete opposite.

CAS Requirements:
    - Must have the Soulmate Aspiration.

- Become best friends with someone who has conflicting traits.
    - Your parents try to keep you apart but you still find ways to hangout.
    - Fall in love with your best friend.
    - Your family doesn’t approve—have a private wedding .
    - Have children.
    - Optional: Have a pet Red Fox and a pet Bloodhound (Requires Cats and Dogs)

Snow White: "With a smile and a song, life is just like a bright sunny day. Your cares fade away and your heart is young"
    Backstory: Sickly sweet and abnormally beautiful – well you can't please everyone. You're kind, caring and nice to everyone you meet, however some people find you to be infuriating. Better watch your back!

CAS Requirements:
    - Must have the Good Trait.
    - Must have the Friend of the Animals Aspiration. (Requires Cats and Dogs or use The Friend of the World Aspiration).
    - Banned Traits: Any Negative Traits

- Have your biological mother pass away before becoming a child, and your father remarry.
    - Have your biological father pass away before becoming a teen.
    - Become enemies with your (evil) stepmother.
    - Have ONLY 7 friends. (or dwarves, if you catch my drift).
    - When you become a YA move out of the family home with your friends.
    - Must make all the beds in the morning, clean the house and cook all the meals everyday, you cannot have a job, and must rely on your friends.
    - Meet your 'Prince Charming'.
    - Experience your untimely death at the hands of someone who hates you.
    - Have your 'Prince Charming' raise you from the dead. (sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_guide:Bringing_Sims_back_to_life#The_Sims_4).
    - Reclaim your family home and kick out your evil family – what did they do to help you right?
    - Marry your 'Prince Charming' and have children.
    - Must have as many children as you can. (After living with the dwarfs you have grown accustom to a full household).
    - Each child must complete their Aspiration and/or get an A in school.
    - Snow may never answer the door to strangers or talk to elderly women (after resurrection).

The Hunchback of Notre Dame: "If I was in their skin, I'd treasure every instant out there, strolling by the Seine, taste a morning out there, like ordinary men, who freely walk about there. Just one day, and then I swear I'll be content with my share…"
    Backstory: Beauty within your butt! Your parents may be content with their life—after all, love is all that matters to them—but you are made fun of for your…odd appearance. Constantly bullied, you found it hard to make friends.

CAS Requirements:
    - Must have the Loner Trait.
    - Must have the Renaissance Sim Aspiration.

- Must be an ugly/different sim.
    - Only allowed to have three friends while a child and teen. (Victor, Hugo, and Laverne).
    - Have 10 enemies. (Not everyone is able to look past your ugly appearance).
    - As a YA make a fourth friend. (Captain Phoebus)
    - When you become a YA meet the woman of your dreams and try to woo them. (Esmerelda)
    - Lose the woman of your dreams to your new friend.
    - Become enemies with your parents, they don't approve of your new friends. (Claude Frollo)
    - Meet someone who loves you for you. (Madellaine)
    - Get married.
    - Can only adopt children. (How could you let any biological children face the same ugly fate as you?).

Beauty and the Beast: "New and a bit alarming. Who’d have ever thought that this could be? True that he’s no Prince Charming, but there’s something in him that I simply didn’t see."
    Backstory: Books! Life is always better with a good book. The romances, the adventures, the plot twists – books just make everything better! However, due to the adventures and romantic actions you have read about you find it difficult to meet someone who can meet the high standards you set in a partner.

CAS Requirements:
    - Must have the Bookworm Trait.
    - Must have the Bestselling Author Aspiration.

- Must read at least one book everyday. (The book used for homework doesn't count).
    - Turn down all romantic advances. (No one can reach your standards)
    - Meet the man of your dreams - a vampire. (If you don't have Vampires, just use an ugly sim).
    - Belle gets kidnapped and brought to live in a creepy old mansion.
    - Fall in love with your captor.
    - Get married.
    - Move back to your family home to look after your elderly parent/s.
    - Have children.
    - Find the cure for vampirism after your first child is born. (or change your partner into a beautiful sim in CAS if playing the ugly sim option).

Mulan: “Could it be, that if I were truly to be myself, I would break my family’s heart…”
    Backstory: Tradition, Tradition, Tradition! Your parents never realised the pressure they put on you to meet their expectations, they had only thought of your best interests, but you was not the type of person to conform to the will of others. When opportunity struck you took your chance to follow your true desires.

CAS Requirements:
    - Must have the Bro Trait.
    - Must have the Bodybuilder Aspiration.

- Become enemies with your parents. (They could never understand the real you).
    - If playing as a female, use the masculine clothing option. The only exception of this rule is the Formal outfit. (I know Mulan wasn't really a cross dresser and her disguising as a man was a means-to-an-end to serve in the army but I thought this rule would suite the generation well).
    - Join Astronaut career.
    - Fall in love with your boss.
    - Must reach the top of your career.
    - Can only become friends with your parents when you reach the top of your career.
    - Can only marry once you befriend your parents.
    - Have as many children as you like.

Sleeping Beauty: "Sleeping Beauty fair, Gold of sunshine in your hair. Lips that shame the red, red rose, Dreaming of true love in slumber's repose"
    Backstory: Beautiful, Graceful, delicately voiced and amazing singer – If you was to sing, surely flocks of wild animals would follow your every step! You live a blessed life, however some people may be jealous of your talents. Be careful of anyone and everyone.

CAS Requirements:
    - Must have the Lazy and Good Traits.
    - Must have the Musical Genius Aspiration.

- When you are still young move out of the family house to live with three older women. (Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather)
    - May only have 3 friends. (Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather)
    - Avoid anyone who wears black - Clothing, Make-Up, Hair Colour.
    - Must meet future spouse at night while parents are asleep. (Prince Phillip)
    - Become enemies with one of your parents' enemies. (Maleficent)
    - Experience your untimely death. (The Eternal Sleep)
    - Have your true love raise you from the dead (sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_guide:Bringing_Sims_back_to_life#The_Sims_4)
    - Have a private wedding, (Only once you have been revived).
    - Find out about your true heritage and move back to your biological family's home.
    - Have a maximum of 2 children.

Frozen: "Do you want to build a snowman? Come on, let's go and play. I never see you anymore, Come out the door. It's like you've gone away..."
    Backstory: It's said that 'there is no greater bond shared like the bond of sisterhood'. That statement was true for you and your sister until you both became children and she shut you out of her life. You decided to give her the space she need but have secretly always wanted to re-bond with her.

CAS Requirements:
    - Must have the Romantic Trait.
    - Must have the Friend of the World Aspiration.

- As a toddlers try to be best friends with your sister.
    - When you become a child loose all contact with your sister.
    - Both parents must pass away when you become a YA.
    - Go on three dates with someone in the criminal career. (Prince Hans)
    - Your sister moves out.
    - Have a new best friend. (Kristoff)
    - Start befriending your sister and convince her to move back home.
    - Dump your criminal boyfriend, and marry your best friend.
    - Adopt one child. (Olaf)
    - Have as many extra children as you wish.
    - Optional: Can have only one pet – Sven. (Requires Cats and Dogs)

Mary Poppins: "If you want this choice position, have a cheery disposition. Rosy cheeks and no warts, play games, all sorts. You must be kind you must be witty, very sweet and fairly pretty. Take us on outings and give us treats, sing songs and bring sweets"
    Backstory: You always looked after your family, played with your siblings and helped your parents with the meals. Naturally this is what you want to do for a career. Parents have always found you nice and children always find you fun – So start your career as a live in Nanny.

CAS Requirements:
    - Must have the Outgoing and Goofball Trait.
    - Must have the Superparent Aspiration. (Requires Parenthood or use The Big Happy Family Aspiration.

- Must max the Wellness, Singing and Parenting skills (Requires Spa Day, City Living and Parenthood – If you don't have the corresponding expansion pack you can skip the skill).
    - Reach level 5 in the Charisma, Comedy, Cooking, Creativity, and Logic skills before becoming a YA.
    - Befriend a parent and ask to move into their home, when you have helped the children and teenagers achieve A grades in school. When you have helped the children succeed in that household find another family to help.
    - When you are a full adult, find someone to marry and move into your own home.
    - Retire from being a live in nanny and settle down to raise your own family.
    My Disney Legacy!

• Options
    SAVED FOR MORE EXTRAS
    My Disney Legacy!

• Options
    My Disney Legacy!

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    um I'm pretty sure that the Disney Princess legacy has Pocahontas in it. I know 100% sure that it has Cinderella (it's Gen 2). Don't know about TLM. Tangled, Pocahontas, Princess and the Frog, and Aladdin are technically classified as "Princess films" (except for in Aladdin that she's the deuteragonist and not the protagonist). Maybe switch Pocahontas to Esmeralda?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    um I'm pretty sure that the Disney Princess legacy has Pocahontas in it. I know 100% sure that it has Cinderella (it's Gen 2). Don't know about TLM. Tangled, Pocahontas, Princess and the Frog, and Aladdin are technically classified as "Princess films" (except for in Aladdin that she's the deuteragonist and not the protagonist). Maybe switch Pocahontas to Esmeralda?

What I get out of it is the Op is saying there is more Disney out there that can be done for a Sims 4 Challenge. They are not saying some are not Princess type movies nor not in the Princess Challenge. :)
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    MadameLee wrote: »

Hi. If you compare the two you'll notice that we both have different rules for those movies. I was careful that if I used the same movies I tried to make the rules different. If you don't like my take on the movies, I'm happy if you want to mix and match the legacies.

I'm not saying that I don't want to do Princess movies, I'm saying I want a wider variety. I'm just doing some movies that I like and if that includes a movie that a Disney Princess appears in than I'm still going to do it.
    My Disney Legacy!