Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I feel cheated

I just got the game and so far for me it sucks, it feels more like a child's game then 3 did and it feels way more watered down and chopped up I feel cheated I wish I could go back to 3

Comments

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Not everyone likes it. Would it be possible for you to try TS2 Ultimate Collection? I guess the other option would be to look through the forums to see how other people find enjoyment in TS4 and hope that something catches your eye. Personally I'm a huge fan of rotational play and that's what keeps things interesting for me. What kind of playstyle do you usually enjoy?
  • AddamsFamilyAddamsFamily Posts: 151 Member
    I usually just build. I don't know why but with 4 it feels like they didn't try it all looks childish 3 had a lot more places. I f I could get my laptop fixed I would just back to 3
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    What's stopping you from playing TS3?

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • JrKyodaiJrKyodai Posts: 11 New Member
    aye custom content and mods will fix that!
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

We never use force. You are free to choose. Be happy :) Whatever Sim game you play they're all good.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    We all do have our different preferences. You may like the game, and you may hate it. Depends if it fits on the way how you play the game. By that means play the game that makes you happy.

BTW Sims 4 had a same number community lots in the base game(excluding rabbitholes) like in three. There are 9 types community lots. It just seems that there are less place to go because its not open world and not all the content are shown on your screen immediately, and that you have to build them(like in NewCrest)

Anyways like I say play the gfame you will find the <3<3 the most. IF you can't play Sims 3 and you didn't like Sims 4 then I suggest go with The Sims 2 :)
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    The art style is different, and personally I much prefer Sims 4. In my research, the things I disliked about Sims 3 was the realistic art style and open world. Building did not appear as user friendly in Sims 3 as well. If those are concepts you loved in Sims 3, so be it. Something I hate that is now in both is the toddler lifestage.

Ways to make Sims 4 fun are to make up your own or play challenges you can find online. Personally I have a file going on 7 generations right now (lifespan on normal), working on opening in-game achievements. I love to cheat code down to $0 for each generation and see how I can build their pixeled life. I like the struggle.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    The sims 4 is not everyone's cup of tea but I understand how you are feeling OP, many of us do. Just do what you feel is right for you. :3
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    If you still own three, you can go back to 3.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I wish my laptop could run ts3..... having said that I do like the cartoony look of ts4. Gameplay wise ts4 is meh
  • AddamsFamilyAddamsFamily Posts: 151 Member
    I can't go back to 3 my laptop is broke. Maybe I just not give 4 enough of a chance I'm playing on on ps4
  • TrixieLocaTrixieLoca Posts: 116 Member
    I do feel you on 4 it doesn't have the same spark as the others have done in the past. I've recently gone back to loading 2 on my laptop and playing it and I'm having such a blast! But 4 has got better from when it first came out there has been a few good add ons that have helped game play, I also enjoy cas in 4. <3
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    I also enjoyed building on 3 more, but the game play is improving on 4, but I have to admit I use a LOT of mods to make things more real.
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • KristinaKristina Posts: 582 Member
    You say you just got the game. Give it more of a chance! I've been playing since TS1 came out here (UK) and even though I hesitated when TS4 first launched (just like I did TS3) I eventually warmed up to it. (:
  • kimieswildroseskimieswildroses Posts: 116 Member
    I wish they would give us all of the sims 3 like they did 2 i would play 3 80% of the time. Just cant afford to buy the packs i don't have for on 3.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    @AddamsFamily

I encourage you to post your frustrations with the console version on that forum. I play Sims 4 via PC, but my teen bought the console version before returning it after only a few weeks. She had issue with the controls, and was not willing to wait it out of patch fixes. The console version is still getting tweaked, so I may get better for those users with time. There may be issues that PC players are not knowledgeable about.
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    I have tried the game on both PC and PS4 and I much prefer the PC version even though they're essentially the same thing. It's just not as fun on console for me, so I can completely understand if you're disappointed. I still encourage you to give it more time like everyone else has said but don't feel pressure to love it - it's just not for everyone and that's ok if it's not your favorite. I'm sorry to hear your laptop broke - I hope you can either get it fixed or get a replacement soon and go back to 3 and play what you love.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    edited April 2018
    You said you feel cheated like as if someone has lied to you or maybe some kinda trailer or ad has done that and misled you. XD The game has been going on for years. You could have at least watched tons of let's plays to see how the game is like before you bought it.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited April 2018
    I usually just build. I don't know why but with 4 it feels like they didn't try it all looks childish 3 had a lot more places. I f I could get my laptop fixed I would just back to 3

This is about consoles?
    Since it has been moved to consoles my post no longer applies. [deleted]
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member

OP, I hope you can get your laptop fixed so that you can have your Sims 3 back - having both games might make you like Sims 4 a little more. If I get to missing, say, the open world of Sims 3 or CaSt, I just go back to it for a while. Being able to go back and forth makes it so that I can enjoy each game for what it is and I don't feel like I'm missing anything. So you might not want to give up on S4 just yet! One day, if you get your S3 back, you might find it fun to play S4 sometimes, too. :)
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    I completely understand. I go back and forth between boredom and amazement. I kind of just got into the gameplay. Like, maybe the last year. The only time I actually played this much was TS2 University. Now I've learned to love the art because it is so easy to screw up super realistic graphics and so hard on computers. The art is both easy on the eyes and the computer. I would love to go back, though. I have a mac and that just isn't realistic.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I can't go back to 3 my laptop is broke. Maybe I just not give 4 enough of a chance I'm playing on on ps4

The CD Rom went out on my laptop, I feel yeah. There are games I can't play on my laptop anymore for that very reason. If I wouldn't have linked TS3 to Origin I wouldn't be able to play it on laptop anymore. I can play them on my desktop, but I don't have chair that don't trigger an old injury to my tailbone.

I don't have any knowledge of the ps4 version. I know in my own opinion, the PC version is pretty much useless without certain mods.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • TiaDogTiaDog Posts: 79 Member
    I understand as well. But if your not feeling the game, do like many others stated play a different game in the series. Or you just play a different game. It's not gonna be everyone's cup of tea. So enjoy playing whatever your gonna be playing! ❤
    Sims Games I like to play - Sims 2 / Sims Medieval / Sims 2 Pets ( Wii ) / MySims / MySims Kingdom ( Wii )
    i-like-to-be-alone-but-i-hate-being-lonely-quote-1.jpg
  • RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    I'm just getting back into playing TS4 on pc and I have it on the xbox also and I can tell you I feel way more connected to my pc sims. It's just a better experience imo.