Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 (1.69) and CAW No longer EXPORTING

Hi Everyone...
I have been building Worlds for years. I ran across a problem a few months ago where I couldn't finish my world - it wouldn't export anymore.

I thought it may have been a Mod or Sims3pack that was corrupted - long story short -
- I deleted Anything and everything related to the Sims 3 Game including CAW using REVO on Advanced settings.
- I purged my HDD so it had less than 30% occupancy. Defragged (took a couple days) data and freespace.
- Ran SFC, AntiVirus, AntiMalware.
- I then Reinstalled The Sims 3 Game and a few EP's & Sp's (Origin Digital Download)
- I DID NOT install ANY Sims3packs (nothing in Downloads Folder) and DID NOT install the MOD's folder.
- I DID NOT modify CAW in any way and did not insert a "Package" folder or modify the Resource. Cfg.

- I initiated The Sims 3 to build a Documents\EA\The Sims 3 folder fresh (again... no Mod's folder).
- I then build a very simple world (Medium ISland/200 map). I only put about a dozed "E" Wall sections for a canal, adjusted the Terrain, put in the default roads in a square (very small island), a dozen empty lots, a bit of lighting - THAT's IT!

Until I start putting in lots (Standard Dimensions 25x50 and 30x40) it will export - if any lots are in - it will NOT export.
I have no trees, flowers, rocks or any other decoration in this world - yet, it will not export.

Has there been any updates to CAW for version 1.69 since it's release (CAW wouldn't work with Ver 1.67 for a very long time)?

Has there been ANY updates to Origin Client, or to The Sims 3 within the past 6 months that would affect Exporting? I know
Origin had an update on my girlfriends machine (newer Operating system) whereas I use Vista and Origin Thinset Client and I don't think there was an update.

I mean... Comeon...
My machine is clean
My game is fresh and unmodified
My CAW is fresh and unmodified.
I'm not using any Sims3packs or CC - just what comes with the game - and no exporting?!
I have no special or different "Services" operating - even less then I usually do and no other programs running.
I have my "Pageing" system setup to use 10 GB of HDD to start for system memory problems.
I spent most of the day scouring through the Forum Posts looking for any clue to this problem - didn't find anything new.

Does ANYONE have a clue as to what's going on here -

Any help or information would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks

Comments

• Dr_NonsequiturDr_Nonsequitur Posts: 77 Member
    BTW: I also ran a System Memory Integrity scan - it was good!

I sure hope someone is having a similar problem or knows about this. Right now - I'm Clueless!
  • X_Alexia_Hazel_XX_Alexia_Hazel_X Posts: 12 New Member
    HI I don't know how to solve your problem but I am having trouble with The Sims 3 with the 1.69 patch!
    I can no longer find my OMSP in game and my Pose Player object!
  • X_Alexia_Hazel_XX_Alexia_Hazel_X Posts: 12 New Member
    OH dont worry! I found a solution, I had somehow deleted my resource.cfg file!
  • chojrakchojrak Posts: 188 Member
    I have caw for 1.69 (polish language version). I had problem with edit in game mode. During loading world game crashed.

I tried launch this world through supercaw and to this day I have no problem with it. :)
    It sounds banal in compare what you did to solve your problem, but give it a try. ;)
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited April 2018
    What do you mean it won't export? Do you get an error message? Does CAW crash? What happens?

AFAIK, there haven't been any new updates to 1.69. I did notice that the latest Origin patch made it hog even more resources than before. Outside of that, I've been working in CAW exporting words to hell and back for the past couple of weeks with no issues. I am guessing that there is some system setting or something interfering with CAW but it's hard to tell without knowing exactly what happens when you say you can't export.

ETA: Make sure you truly have no fixes or mods or other types of files anywhere. A few weeks ago, there was a player who said he kept having trouble with CAW and insisted that he had done a clean reinstall, etc., etc. Turned out he had some "storefix" in his Sims 3 Overrides folder that was causing the trouble.
    Post edited by ts1depot on
    EiFlric.png
    edited April 2018
    In my first few rounds of troubleshooting I also installed Super CAW - it had the same problem and would not export.
    Both CAW and SuperCAW will save without any errors - it just will not export.

There is no ERROR message either from the System or from CAW or SuperCAW. Only a very small info box that states "Export Failed". CAW does not crash.

Again, I have NO Mods folder in the game and have ZERO objects in the Downloads Folder.
    The CAW folder has NO added anything - not even a custom terrain texture in either the Documents Folder or the Program Files.
    There are ZERO modifications ANYWHERE - I cleaned the HDD and system. I used REVO on its advanced setting to purge out and delete anything dealing with Sims 3 and CAW including any remaining Registry entries.
    I have no overrides - no mods folder to have an override!
    I installed Sims 3 and CAW only with nothing else - no sims3packs, no packages, mo alterations to CAW's Resource. cfg - downloaded from Origin. I then download a fresh CAW from The sims 3 web site.

I've looked closely at all "Services" in operation on my machine - nothing is disabled, or on delayed startup.
    I've ran Malware and virus sweeps - nothing
    Checked for Rootkits - nothing
    I ran both HDD and system memory integrity scans - all good.

I repeated the removal, cleaning, and reinstall several times in case I may have missed something - same result.

I did the same procedure on a newer computer that just had Windows 7 installed (clean as a whistle)...
    Installed DLC from Origin, installed CAW (again - no mods folders or sims3packs)... same thing - no exporting - only a small popup saying Export Failed.

These test words are fresh, newly created medium island/200 maps with only a few completed and verified connected roads, a dozen street lights if no lots are placed it will export. If I place any lot (standard 25x50 and 30x40) I get an Export Failure notice.

I didn't think there had been any updates to The sims 3 since 1.69.xxxx
    I have noticed several updates to the Origin Client (the dreaded mandatory update was in there I believe).

Frankly, I am completely stumped by this.
    A plain-Jane unaltered "factory" install of both the game and CAW without using Super CAW and it will do everything EXCEPT Export.
    Of course Origin will only download the latest and greatest from there DLC Lib and CAW is the one for 1.69 game version downloaded from The Sims 3 website.

This happens on a new Windows 7 machine as well.
    Have any of you tried to do a clean install within the past few weeks using only fresh DLC, no mods or sims3packs, and a freshly downloaded copy of CAW? I recommend using a different machine then the one you use for your usual CAW work though.

As for removing my Resource.cfg from CAW - it's there without the altered "Priorities section" telling it to look for Packages in the Program files part of CAW.

This is driving me crazy! I can't seem to see or understand why it will not export. And, I tried it on two (2) clean machines with different operating systems. same results.
    Using SuperCAW produces the same result too.

Still at a loss
    Still no workable answers.
    edited April 2018
    Have any of you tried to do a clean install within the past few weeks using only fresh DLC, no mods or sims3packs, and a freshly downloaded copy of CAW? I recommend using a different machine then the one you use for your usual CAW work though.

Yes. I did two weeks ago when EIG started crashing. I thought it had something to do with CAW but it wound up due to something else entirely.

Have you tried out any of the solutions in these threads?

Solution 1: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Create-a-World-Tool-Export-Failed/td-p/982398
    Solution 2: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/716596/exporting-world-failed-thread-43829043
    Solution 3: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/716596/exporting-world-failed-thread-43829043
    Solution 3: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=398561&c=1&ht=&page=2&pp=25#startcomment

Also, are you sure you have a thumbnail and description for your worlds? The error message should say that when the world fails to export because for those reasons ("missing description", "missing image") but just asking to double check.
    Post edited by ts1depot on
    EiFlric.png
    Ockham's razor...

Thumbnail is 24 bit png from CAW folder. Nope, just said "export world failed" no code, no description included.
    Fundamentally, the solutions you presented don't exactly apply. I started with a newly installed system with no objects in Downloads folder and no mods folders. I had no edited worlds in the usertool/worlds folder (Riverview-lite and Sunset Valley_Lite only). I created a new world (midsize island/200), made a big circle road and placed a few streetlights - I could save and export at this point.

When I put in an empty lot - that's when I get export failed.
    I have no CC, no mods folder, no store items, no alterations to ini or cfg files in Sims 3 or CAW - nothing.
    The only thing I haven't done (to the best on my knowledge) is remove and reinstall the Origin Client.

I did verify that the worlds name did not have any special characters or a period - had export failure with that before.
    After posting this I'll try this again using several variations of what was posted in the links you provided ts1depot. Right now I'm out of ideas and am willing to try things outside of this box. Thanks for the links and help.

I'll post the results tomorrow (4/4/18)
    Well, surprisingly, removing the DCCache and DCBackup to the Desktop then exporting worked - for the most part.
    I can only consider this a temporary work-a-round though as the base problem is still a plage. There is a question as to whether the CC I created or unique objects installed for the creation of this world will be incorporated into the export when DCCache and DCBackup are removed.

I was able to install the Exported world. There are still problems though.
    Anything I try to "Share" while in Edit-Town will fail. I can save to the Library but not make a sims3pack for later use. I noticed this in both EIG and in the exported world. Any ideas or experience with this happening?

The thing is - I shouldn't need to do any of this. And you know it is very handy to be able to use the exported shell of your world to build your lots and then pop them into your world in CAW/EIG. Building lots while In-Game is more stable then building within EIG.

In ANY case... Thank you for getting me to this point ts1depot! Thanks to your information I now have gained another tool for my arsenal. I am grateful!
    It doesn't resolve the issue - but a great work-a-round.

Hopefully, You'll have something to help with not being able to "Share" with a sims3pack.
    edited April 2018
    The thing is - I shouldn't need to do any of this. And you know it is very handy to be able to use the exported shell of your world to build your lots and then pop them into your world in CAW/EIG. Building lots while In-Game is more stable then building within EIG.

I have heard this for so many years but I've never had any problems building in EIG. I just build the lots in EIG, save them to library, then add them to the world in small batches before saving. What is the trouble people are having that has them going through this additional step? Maybe I can help troubleshoot so no one has to keep going through the whole hassle of exporting worlds to build in game.
    In ANY case... Thank you for getting me to this point ts1depot! Thanks to your information I now have gained another tool for my arsenal. I am grateful!

Don't thank me too much, LOL. I accidentally repeated the second URL twice. I had meant to post this as Solution #3: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=398561&c=0&ht=&page=2&pp=25#startcomments. I think that one has additional solutions not discussed in the other two.

At any rate, glad that you've gotten over this hump, albeit temporarily. Hopefully, you'll find a more permanent solution.

EiFlric.png
  • chun_lilichun_lili Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Dr_Nonsequitur said:
    > Hi Everyone...
    > I have been building Worlds for years. I ran across a problem a few months ago where I couldn't finish my world - it wouldn't export anymore.
    >
    > I thought it may have been a Mod or Sims3pack that was corrupted - long story short -
    > - I deleted Anything and everything related to the Sims 3 Game including CAW using REVO on Advanced settings.
    > - I purged my HDD so it had less than 30% occupancy. Defragged (took a couple days) data and freespace.
    > - Ran SFC, AntiVirus, AntiMalware.
    > - I then Reinstalled The Sims 3 Game and a few EP's & Sp's (Origin Digital Download)
    > - I DID NOT install ANY Sims3packs (nothing in Downloads Folder) and DID NOT install the MOD's folder.
    > - I DID NOT modify CAW in any way and did not insert a "Package" folder or modify the Resource. Cfg.
    >
    > - I initiated The Sims 3 to build a Documents\EA\The Sims 3 folder fresh (again... no Mod's folder).
    > - I then build a very simple world (Medium ISland/200 map). I only put about a dozed "E" Wall sections for a canal, adjusted the Terrain, put in the default roads in a square (very small island), a dozen empty lots, a bit of lighting - THAT's IT!
    >
    > Until I start putting in lots (Standard Dimensions 25x50 and 30x40) it will export - if any lots are in - it will NOT export.
    > I have no trees, flowers, rocks or any other decoration in this world - yet, it will not export.
    >
    >
    > Has there been any updates to CAW for version 1.69 since it's release (CAW wouldn't work with Ver 1.67 for a very long time)?
    >
    > Has there been ANY updates to Origin Client, or to The Sims 3 within the past 6 months that would affect Exporting? I know
    > Origin had an update on my girlfriends machine (newer Operating system) whereas I use Vista and Origin Thinset Client and I don't think there was an update.
    >
    >
    > I mean... Comeon...
    > My machine is clean
    > My game is fresh and unmodified
    > My CAW is fresh and unmodified.
    > I'm not using any Sims3packs or CC - just what comes with the game - and no exporting?!
    > I have no special or different "Services" operating - even less then I usually do and no other programs running.
    > I have my "Pageing" system setup to use 10 GB of HDD to start for system memory problems.
    > I spent most of the day scouring through the Forum Posts looking for any clue to this problem - didn't find anything new.
    >
    > Does ANYONE have a clue as to what's going on here -
    >
    > Any help or information would be GREATLY appreciated!
    > Thanks

I have the exact same problem. And wiped out everything and it's still not working...