Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lets Examine Surveys! - The Sims 4: Summer Holidays

puertoricanthangpuertoricanthang Posts: 88 Member
Hello sunshines! So most of us know about the Sims 4 surveys that are just floating about. However I've never seen anyone talk about actually critique or discuss them in much details other then the fact they *might* be future DLC. So today, I'd though it would be fun to examine some of them and then suggest features that i'd personally enjoy or I'd think would make the expansion better. So let's add ideas together! Here's the survey description.

The Sims 4 – Summer Holidays
School is out for the Summer and it is high time your Sims relaxed and took a seat in the sun in The Sims 4 Summer Holidays. Choose your living arrangements, then go make a sand castle at the beach or take part in luau! Tame the waves with your surf board or relax, go shell-hunting or discover new marine plants and animals.

Choose your lodgings – The Sims may rent a cabin on the beach, buy a summer home on a cliff, or go to a lustrous hotel with a breathtaking ocean view.

Time for fun beach activities! – Embrace the sun rays and go to the beach to build a sand castle, make camp fires or learn new dance moves at the luau!

Surf’s up! – Pull off the prefect hang-ten and show off your gnarly surf skills. Choose your own surfboard and work on your skills to become a local surf legend.

Explore the beach – Mosey down the beach and discover rare aquatic plants and marine animals! Find new corals of all colors and maybe even have a magical encounter with a mermaid at sunset.

Sounds pretty enjoyable already but it could use a bit of changes. It would be fun if you could run hotels and resorts much like in the Sims 3.
There is also no mention of swimming or exploring the ocean itself. Personally I think ocean exploration should be a key feature. Under the sea there will be a whole new world of activities to explore, from collecting seashells, finding sunken treasure and even being able to transform into a new lifestate, the mermaid. There will be new harvestables such as pineapples, coconuts, "aquatic plants" or even tropical flowers such as hibiscus or plumeria . There will also be several new collections such as a seashells(Including corals) and island treasures. You will be able to find these by beach combing and scuba diving. Finding rarer/certain seashells will allow you to open them and reveal pearls. Island treasures will be cultural items from the island such Tiki idols. While scuba diving you'll be able to find rarer items in treasure chests. However these underwater chests will be guarded by jellyfish and sharks. jellyfish stings are painful but harmless but shark attacks can be fatal. But not all marine life is dangerous while diving you'll be able to catch new fish such as starfish and seahorses and also interact with friendly dolphins. While underwater your sims can also rarely encounter mermaids. If you befriend a mermaid they'll give you mermaidic kelp which will transform you into a mermaid. Mermaids can more frequently be found at the Mermaid's Grotto. This is where the mermaid queen lives and if she takes a liking to you she will transform you into a a mermaid instantly.

That's some of the ideas I have so far. If I can think of anymore I'll post. I definitely would love to see what you guys would like to see in a tropical island vacation pack so please give some replies! Also Iron Seagull made a really great video on what he'd like for a pack like this, this inspired me to create this post. I would recommend you check it out!

(Oh, btw i'm not sure where this forum would fit best. I thought i would fit better here in "speculation and rumor" because it involves the surveys but if it fits better in surveys I would be very appreciative if someone could have it moved into "idea's corner" or somewhere more fitting. Thanks. ^^)

Comments

• Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited April 2018
    Do you happen to have a list of the surveys? I don't remember them at this point. I do like the mermaid ideas--I was really sad how 🐸🐸🐸🐸 they were in TS3 compared to the other supernaturals. With the way this is written...I wonder if this would be in a Game Pack? I'm not sure if they could include this much depth for every season for Seasons EP....hmm....
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @ashcrash19 Here's a list of some surveys. I think this is where I got the description for Summer Holidays. ^^ simscommunity.info/2017/02/19/the-sims-4-game-pack-expansion-pack-survey-speculation/
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    That pack wouldn't interest me to be honest.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited April 2018
    @ashcrash19 Here's a list of some surveys. I think this is where I got the description for Summer Holidays. ^^ simscommunity.info/2017/02/19/the-sims-4-game-pack-expansion-pack-survey-speculation/

@puertoricanthang Thank you! I'll check them out. :)
    Since Small Pets originally included more and a pet shop...I wonder if that'll be a game pack someday?
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    @ashcrash19 If they do make that a game pack I hope it will be really in depth and amazing because we saw what happened with My First Pet Stuff. xD Perhaps they could includes lots of small pets and lots of things to do with them. Maybe they can add Hamster wheels for Hamsters, however they might upset people again since it wan't included in My First Pet Stuff to begin with.
  • Options
    @Simsfan99111 Anything you would add to make it more interesting for you? Personally I would love a pack like Summer Holidays but I guess that's just my opinion. :blush:
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    @Simsfan99111 Anything you would add to make it more interesting for you? Personally I would love a pack like Summer Holidays but I guess that's just my opinion. :blush:

Not really, the beach theme doesn't interest me personally. It does sound super cool though and I bet it would be a really popular pack. I know catloverplayer would love it :smiley:
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I'd be interested mainly for the hotel aspect, especially if we could build hotels or bed & breakfasts in the main game worlds. I'd love to have a B&B in Brindleton Bay, for example.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

I'd be interested mainly for the hotel aspect, especially if we could build hotels or bed & breakfasts in the main game worlds. I'd love to have a B&B in Brindleton Bay, for example.

Implementing hotels and resorts into a Summer Holiday pack would help justify the costs of it and I would probably buy it partly for that if the system can be used in other places.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    Sounds amazing! I want that pack right nooooow! :)
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited April 2018
    OMG, yes! :smiley: I love mermaids/merfolk and beach content, so I’m all up for this kind of pack! ^_^
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Its sounds ok though very basic but if surfing is done right it could be enjoyable with actual surfing at the beach and not a wave machine. The main thing I really don't like is how they mentioned features we already have like the camp fire instead of introducing something new like volleyball and so much boring fillers like collecting and spotting a mermaid sounds as exciting as spotting the creature in Windenburg... yawn.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Do you happen to have a list of the surveys?

All the surveys since 2014

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/915783/old-surveys-released-packs/p1

Thank you. ^-^
  • Options
    @ChadSims2 Maybe surfing could be a skill? Volleyball could be fun too, maybe even a beach ball that you can play more than one game with? Such as being able to play volleyball with the beach ball and several other beach games. I also proposed mermaids should be spotted rarely and they can be played as a new occult. It would be very unfortunate if mermaids where as simple as the sea monster from get together. :s
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Hello sunshines! So most of us know about the Sims 4 surveys that are just floating about. However I've never seen anyone talk about actually critique or discuss them in much details other then the fact they *might* be future DLC. So today, I'd though it would be fun to examine some of them and then suggest features that i'd personally enjoy or I'd think would make the expansion better. So let's add ideas together! Here's the survey description.

The Sims 4 – Summer Holidays
    School is out for the Summer and it is high time your Sims relaxed and took a seat in the sun in The Sims 4 Summer Holidays. Choose your living arrangements, then go make a sand castle at the beach or take part in luau! Tame the waves with your surf board or relax, go shell-hunting or discover new marine plants and animals.

Choose your lodgings – The Sims may rent a cabin on the beach, buy a summer home on a cliff, or go to a lustrous hotel with a breathtaking ocean view.

Time for fun beach activities! – Embrace the sun rays and go to the beach to build a sand castle, make camp fires or learn new dance moves at the luau!

Surf’s up! – Pull off the prefect hang-ten and show off your gnarly surf skills. Choose your own surfboard and work on your skills to become a local surf legend.

Explore the beach – Mosey down the beach and discover rare aquatic plants and marine animals! Find new corals of all colors and maybe even have a magical encounter with a mermaid at sunset.

Sounds pretty enjoyable already but it could use a bit of changes. It would be fun if you could run hotels and resorts much like in the Sims 3.
    There is also no mention of swimming or exploring the ocean itself. Personally I think ocean exploration should be a key feature. Under the sea there will be a whole new world of activities to explore, from collecting seashells, finding sunken treasure and even being able to transform into a new lifestate, the mermaid. There will be new harvestables such as pineapples, coconuts, "aquatic plants" or even tropical flowers such as hibiscus or plumeria . There will also be several new collections such as a seashells(Including corals) and island treasures. You will be able to find these by beach combing and scuba diving. Finding rarer/certain seashells will allow you to open them and reveal pearls. Island treasures will be cultural items from the island such Tiki idols. While scuba diving you'll be able to find rarer items in treasure chests. However these underwater chests will be guarded by jellyfish and sharks. jellyfish stings are painful but harmless but shark attacks can be fatal. But not all marine life is dangerous while diving you'll be able to catch new fish such as starfish and seahorses and also interact with friendly dolphins. While underwater your sims can also rarely encounter mermaids. If you befriend a mermaid they'll give you mermaidic kelp which will transform you into a mermaid. Mermaids can more frequently be found at the Mermaid's Grotto. This is where the mermaid queen lives and if she takes a liking to you she will transform you into a a mermaid instantly.

That's some of the ideas I have so far. If I can think of anymore I'll post. I definitely would love to see what you guys would like to see in a tropical island vacation pack so please give some replies! Also Iron Seagull made a really great video on what he'd like for a pack like this, this inspired me to create this post. I would recommend you check it out!

(Oh, btw i'm not sure where this forum would fit best. I thought i would fit better here in "speculation and rumor" because it involves the surveys but if it fits better in surveys I would be very appreciative if someone could have it moved into "idea's corner" or somewhere more fitting. Thanks. ^^)

I can agree with all of this. I myself would like to sea (see what I did there XD) an EP that has an island world that has a focus on underwater activities. Like scuba diving and a marine biologist career.
  • Options
    SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    edited April 2019
    I'm fine with Island Paradise for TS4 but with more in depth merfolk and less bugs/tech issues.
    I don't even care if maps with swimmable oceans are restricted to the pack/areas you create with it.
    Mermaids would also give a bit of love to Occult sim fans who have been left to slowly die of thirst in the desert for quite some time.

Out of all the surveys I've seen Summer Holidays is the only one that caught my interest. Underwater/ocean swimming and diving would be wonderful additions to TS4 and they are features that can't really be implemented through mods.