Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long do you guys spend in CAS?

Comments

• BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,321 Member
    I recently made a new sim and she took me about an hour but I forgot to changer voice! :# I’m always forgetting this!
  • jprich99jprich99 Posts: 39 Member
    Forever honestly. lol

I start just by hitting random until i got something close and then changing one or two things.
    Now, Im in CAS more than I am the actual game.

The story I fell into progressed faster than I thought to document.
    So now I have two saves.
    One with the current family members on pause.
    And the other where Im editing and screen shotting the deceased family memebers.
    Fun times.
  • kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    It usually takes me between 2 and 6 hours to finish a sim that I intend to put in one of my games, but sometimes it's shorter if things fall together nicely or if I use a starter sim that has the look I am going for already. If it's a specific sim like a real life person or for a challenge it could take a lot longer. Sometimes I have to walk away and give myself some time away from it. I am taking a break currently from the 25 male sims in 25 days challenge 'cause I burnt out a bit on those themes, but I feel guilty about it and I do intend to finish the challenge eventually.
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
  • LemLem Posts: 33 Member
    I could make a whole household in around 20-30 minutes on TS3, but on TS4 I take around an hour on one Sim.
  • blemishsimsblemishsims Posts: 7 New Member
    omg i spend hours on certain households, lol. i just love the cas tools in ts4
  • CoemgenusKCoemgenusK Posts: 211 Member
    I remember back in TS3 there was a sim I spent about 20 hours total tuning around of and off again.
    On average a sim I spend about 3-4 hours total to consider finished.
    positively Epicurean
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    Usually about 45 minutes to an hour but it can take longer depending on the sim. If I'm creating a completely new sim that I will personally play and develop a story around then it can take longer.
  • chluke75chluke75 Posts: 110 Member
    Average is about 2 hours start to finish, including background story. Typically includes at least a second outfit in a few of the categories. Can push up to 3 hours if I'm doing multiple outfits in several of the categories, and if I'm feeling extra picky about poses.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    an hour normally. my avatar took about that time ages ago. generally its the face that takes the longest for me.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• brittwillbrittwill Posts: 18 Member
    I usually spend 15-45 mins per Sim, it's different every time for me! Longer with teens/adults, don't care too much about younger Sims lol
  • RilexiusRilexius Posts: 112 Member
    Could take 6-8 hours, especially the ones I upload to the gallery
  • Azreal_RouAzreal_Rou Posts: 22 Member
    Depends on if I have a strong idea of what I am making or not. but a few hours either way
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited October 2018
    Up to an hour in S4, but then I don't feel like playing. I can take 30 minutes on a YA in S2 (if I edit the facial features, and daily, underwear, PJs, swimwear and athletic outfits) and then end up playing for 4 or more hours with breaks in between.
  • TheOtherHannahTheOtherHannah Posts: 76 Member
    edited October 2018
    Depends!! Minimum 1 hour unless I'm doing a challenge :)
    -H
  • AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    An hour at best. Two or three if I'm creating for a specific event, holiday, or challenge. Because I love realistic looking sims, a lot of Alpha goes into my cas and it helps to know where everything is. The most fun I have is taking pics after and THEN finally playing since it's usually storytelling, hopefully I'm not too much of a show off, lol.
  • MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    Depends on their function. If I’m creating families to fill houses in the background I’ll maybe spend 20 minutes on the entire family (speedy styling!). For my own Sims, maybe an hour or so. I’m not too fussed about the clothes as I can always tweak them later, but I pay a lot of attention to their faces.
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • ElenadewyElenadewy Posts: 60 Member
    Way too long. I sometimes come up with this fun story that makes me want to play so bad, but I then spend so much time in CAS, I don't even get to actually playing.
  • NichuNichu Posts: 35 Member
    edited November 2018
    Too long, I also use a lot of CC and love using skin details so I spend a lot of time making the face exactly how I want it to look. Dressing a sim goes much easier for me because I already have a certain style in mind.

This is my recent sim, I wanted some custom celebrities in my world. Meet Marlee Woo! She's a snobby and self-centered sim, but can be very outgoing when meeting the right influencers.
    MarleeWoo.png?width=329&height=576
    Simmer since 2000
    Origin ID: yieunn
  • JokersKiddoJokersKiddo Posts: 19 Member
    Around 2 hours usually. Especially for the sims I really care about. Sometimes even longer. And sometimes that's just choosing hair, makeup, and clothes.
    Custom Content Addicts Anonymous <3
  • CatersCaters Posts: 102 Member
    I spend about 10 minutes or less in CAS.

Here is my most recent sim. Meet Ludwig Schneider.
    iZxIp0B.png

I based him off of a composer.
  • GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    Didn't even know you can create multiple outfits on each category like it was possible in TS3 :o

Anyway... I spend way too much time no matter what I do in TS4... average time per sim varies between 3+ to 8+ hours depending how well I know what I'm after. Research for names is typically my downfall (can spend 3h alone just getting a name for the sim). I've always been lousy with names... After that the face and hair takes the most time and then comes clothes. I use quite a bit of CC because I don't like the Maxis sim skin, eye, hair and make-up details - they look poor quality plastic dolls with jerky/frozen hairs. And for some reason the Maxis make-ups never fit my sims... they make the females look like junkies selling their bodies on the street to pay for another fix :| Of course that's just my opinion.

Spoiler has pics of my 2 latest sims...
    A vampire princess Elena Malinovsky.

9gyutO2.png
    EfVxaJp.png

Andrei Koshenchkin, human gardener for that vampire princess above.

6aKkfFY.png
    jeJa89O.png
  • UniteSimsUniteSims Posts: 142 Member
    Gwiniel wrote: »
    Didn't even know you can create multiple outfits on each category like it was possible in TS3 :o

Anyway... I spend way too much time no matter what I do in TS4... average time per sim varies between 3+ to 8+ hours depending how well I know what I'm after. Research for names is typically my downfall (can spend 3h alone just getting a name for the sim). I've always been lousy with names... After that the face and hair takes the most time and then comes clothes. I use quite a bit of CC because I don't like the Maxis sim skin, eye, hair and make-up details - they look poor quality plastic dolls with jerky/frozen hairs. And for some reason the Maxis make-ups never fit my sims... they make the females look like junkies selling their bodies on the street to pay for another fix :| Of course that's just my opinion.

Spoiler has pics of my 2 latest sims...
    A vampire princess Elena Malinovsky.

9gyutO2.png
    EfVxaJp.png

Andrei Koshenchkin, human gardener for that vampire princess above.

6aKkfFY.png
    jeJa89O.png

What skin did you use for the female sim?
    tell me how good it feels to be needed
  • GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    "New Natural Beauty Set" 's skin mask by jomsimscreations (link below to English version.. original is in French) @UniteSims. You have to scroll down the make-up content as everything is on a continuous "page".

https://www.jomsimscreations.fr/makeup-sims-4.html
  • scrutyniscrutyni Posts: 49 Member
    I can only imagine how much time having CC would add to the process :D I haven't wanted to start doing that for TS4 yet, and I usually have references to what I want the Sims to look like already, so it takes maybe 30 minutes to an hour to get them just right.
    Current SimLit Blog (Rotational Play): https://newcrestsponsorsims4.home.blog/
    Rookie builder and casual Simmer || Gallery: https://tinyurl.com/ycummopq
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    edited February 2019
    I spend the last two days creating one sim from scratch and converting two of my sims that I made from scratch into three similar sims. Unfortunately one is bugged :(
    And thats with CC but without pack items. Faces take the longest.