Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TSR blocking downloads (with an adblocker)?

BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
So lately, TSR has been blocking every other of my downloads, saying that I have to turn off ad blocker or become VIP. Now, I understand the site needs to make money to keep running, but I can't afford to risk getting bad ads. Is this a new thing or is it only for selected creators, or...? Cause it's not for every item I try to download, but only select ones.

Comments

• BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited March 2018
    Usually your anti-virus or whatever search engine you use has an automatic ad blocker and the site apparently can detect it and cause your downloads to take 30 minutes just to download. I've never seen it block downloads before though unless there is something wrong with the site (Which is a usual thing).
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Yeah, past couple of days it's been straight up blocking certain downloads. It's been weird. Wasn't sure if it was just a new policy change or what.
    It could be due to a malicious ad that is trying to load via download screen that would also cause the site to block downloads.

• BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    BMSO wrote: »
    It could be due to a malicious ad that is trying to load via download screen that would also cause the site to block downloads.

But wouldn't my adblocker just block that, and not the site itself? Plus, it seems tied to certain items and not all pages, so idk. I just was curious if that was something other people experienced or if it was just a new thing I missed. I only use TSR on occasions and whatnot.
    It's nothing new.

• SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    I have adblockers and it used to slow my downloads but it stopped-- however, it tends to make my computer freeze up and my browsers stop responding. So I use TSR sparingly.