Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How about giving players the opportunity (or some of it)....

to like participate in a contest and submit their built lot (like with early access to build mode demo of any and every upcoming dlc/pack release) and from there have the community of simmers decide via voting which build(s) in the final stage of the expansion/game/stuck pack as a premade lot. Cause, let's admit it: Developers are sometimes and some are not that great of builders, but this idea (and yeah, kinda inspired by the initiative of the community stuff pack project moderated by Graham) would allow simmers choose which build is worth being released with inside the dedicated pack with its introduced items. Or just allow developers continue on building premade lots but alongside joined by fans of the series. :)
NNpYlHF.jpg

Comments

• PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member

The idea's great but I think it would be too much of a hassle. The number of builds in the competition would probably be massive and so would the amount of ''not-so-great-builds'' in it which would make the voting process hard for everyone. And I don't think it would necessarily be fair considering that someone who's ''famous'' in the community would get votes much easier than a person who absolutely no-one has ever heard of.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited March 2018
    You do have a point. Though I haven't seen famous people of the community (If we're talking about the youtubers/youtubing simmers) in here, as I don't think they stick around here at all in the forums and the contest could be held and partaken in the forums.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    While a great idea, it would seem to be a mass undertaking to manage and organise it all, and would require community management on a grand scale (and probably a new Drake along with it to manage such a feat). Just because many Simmers aren't on this forum, doesn't mean that they're excluded from the Sim community. It just gives them an incentive to have a *presence* if you will on the forum for grand community projects such as this. I care not to imagine how many new forum members appeared just to vote on the community stuff pack project.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png