Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA home page

Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
Whenever I go to the EA home page (https://www.ea.com/) all I get is a blank page. Is it just me or is there something wrong?

Comments

• PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    It's fine for me. Have you tried it on different browsers!?
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    It's coming up okay for me. Maybe try to clear your browser history out to see if fixes the issue.
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Ok I tried that and it doesn't work. Odd. It doesn't come up on Microsoft Edge either.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Hello
    Try shutting down completely whatever device that you are using to try to access the page. Then restart the device and test to see if the issue remains.
    I am not sure which browser you are using, but perhaps try Chrome to access it?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Yeah Edge and Chrome has issues with it - try Firefox - that's what I use and have no issues.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    When I click the EA home page on my Chrome, it works perfectly fine, and on top of that I'm playing Pandora radio at the same time.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    When I click the EA home page on my Chrome, it works perfectly fine, and on top of that I'm playing Pandora radio at the same time.

Just going by what others have said as far as Chrome goes - never use it myself.

I did use Edge but it has a bit of issues with certain forums I go to - so I removed it and used my always dependable Firefox.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited March 2018
    Bronwin2 wrote: »
    Whenever I go to the EA home page (https://www.ea.com/) all I get is a blank page. Is it just me or is there something wrong?

Have you tried clearing your internet cache and cookies? That may help too.

@Writin_Reg the EA home page also has an animating graphic on its page and could also likely be part of the problem of the OP getting a blank page..?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    edited March 2018
    Hi all,

https://www.ea.com/ should work on any browser. Edit: See this post for clarification.

If you do get a blank page, please clear your browsers cookies and cache. I would also recommend checking your browser extensions/add-ons - for example some firewall/antivirus extensions or adblockers/pop-up blockers may cause issues.

Thanks,
    -Mage
    Post edited by EA_Mage on
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    *idly wonders why you're going to the EA homepage anyways...* lol

Just curious, I guess, as I don't recall ever having a reason to go there?
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
    *idly wonders why you're going to the EA homepage anyways...* lol

Just curious, I guess, as I don't recall ever having a reason to go there?

I go there often as 1- I have other EA games besides the Sims.

2- I follow EA News regularly, blogs, info.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @EA_Mage -It looks like somebody had the bright idea of making that page only compatible with the latest versions of some browsers and the latest version of Firefox I can safely use in v39 as later ones proved unstable on my system and were highly likely to glitch out on me.I've ben getting the blank page with both adblockers enabled and with them disabled.I disable my adblockers and even greasermonkey which has a few adblocking scripts on it to test and cleared caches.It looks like the page is really down or badly messed up.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    TadOlson wrote: »
    @EA_Mage -It looks like somebody had the bright idea of making that page only compatible with the latest versions of some browsers and the latest version of Firefox I can safely use in v39 as later ones proved unstable on my system and were highly likely to glitch out on me.I've ben getting the blank page with both adblockers enabled and with them disabled.I disable my adblockers and even greasermonkey which has a few adblocking scripts on it to test and cleared caches.It looks like the page is really down or badly messed up.

Did you try the newest firefox that just came out yesterday TadOlsen? It works fine.

In dreams - I LIVE!

It's not likely to work on my computer as I'm on Windows 7 and have older hardware.I tried other updates earlier and it never worked out well so I was forced back to v39 each time as it would glitch out my home page,new tab page and cookies got messed up.I even had forced session restores in bugfest 46 and that forced me to roll back to 39 again.I even tried v54 once and it was a real mess to have to try to roll back after that unfortunate disaster which broke most of my extensions.I currently have 174 extensions enabled in Firefox and my browser is working just fine.The latest Firefox might work on Windows 8 or newer versions which won't help me.
    edited March 2018
    Windows 7 might very well be the issue plus an older pc.

In dreams - I LIVE!

I can't upgrade to a new OS without buying a new computer si they should make it work for older browser versions like Firefox v 39 or later.
    edited March 2018
    I can't upgrade to a new OS without buying a new computer so they should make it work for older browser versions like Firefox v 39 or later.

Well all support is leaving for 32 bits or anything less than quad core 64 bit systems, so it is not much point in game companies to keep supporting those systems. Even Nvidia announced they will no long support older systems. People just have to get with what is being produced and supported, I guess. Plus tools and software being produced that game companies need to make their games are also going to the newest systems. As it is EA has produced for older systems a lot longer than many companies do today. It is just the way progression goes.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Windows 7 might very well be the issue plus an older pc.

I'm on Windows 7 and using Firefox version 59.0.

My guess is there are features on Firefox version 39.0 that were changed/removed that TadOlson liked or features added that TadOlson didn't like. Or it broke extensions that never got updated.

@TadOlson Hopefully, you keep your antivirus up to date because you're behind 20+ versions on security updates. I highly doubt your Firefox becomes unusable on your PC at versions higher than 39. If it does, you need to take it to a computer technician to look at - because that's a sign of a virus (remnants or actual). I would highly highly highly recommend just getting used to the new features and the changes made to Firefox. Because you're one day going to have to a problem accessing/using websites. Because they aren't designed for outdated web browsers.
    I've been working onreplacing AVG with Norton as the newest AVG isn't really any good with it's ransomware "protection" and automated management of duplicate files which caused nothing ,but trouble on my computer and it killed my dad's hard drive.We're all working on switching to Norton after that disaster.I noticed quite a few problems with AVG's virus "protection" after the release of their newest version.
    @Seera1024 -I hope you're not using AVG for virus protection anymore as it's gotten really bad lately and Norton has been getting better reviews by simmers recently.
  • MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    edited March 2018
    @EA_Mage posted above that EA.com should run on all browsers, so I doubt @TadOlson's Win 7 unit is the only problem.

I am running fully updated Win 10 / 64 bit and EA.com will not load on Internet Explorer. Just that white screen cited by the O.P.

** The site does load just fine on Chrome and I run AdBlock Pro on both browsers, so AdBlock ain't the issue, either. **

Whether related or not, Internet Explorer has been acting strange for me, of late, and not just on my home unit. The I T firm where I work runs the latest and greatest equipment and software and IE 11 (as updated) is cranky even over there. (It comes with Win 10 still, just not included in the standard-issue desktop environment.) Micro makes it no secret that they want everyone to use Edge.

Just try a different browser. Those should be able to be installed to any OS since they have no stake in what OS people want to run.
    edited March 2018
    I've been working onreplacing AVG with Norton as the newest AVG isn't really any good with it's ransomware "protection" and automated management of duplicate files which caused nothing ,but trouble on my computer and it killed my dad's hard drive.We're all working on switching to Norton after that disaster.I noticed quite a few problems with AVG's virus "protection" after the release of their newest version.
    @Seera1024 -I hope you're not using AVG for virus protection anymore as it's gotten really bad lately and Norton has been getting better reviews by simmers recently.

Nortons does not always play nice with the Sims though, especially Sims 3. I've never tried it on Sims 4 because I got rid of it - and even that didn't go easily.... lol. Both Origin and Steam games seemed to have issues with Nortons scanner.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

I use Webroot. Haven't used Norton in years. I tend to use the top rated antivirus programs and it hasn't been in that category for years.
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello all,

After looking into this issue and asking people in the know, I have to make a correction to my earlier statement.

Internet Explorer 11 is not supported for EA.com and the same would apply for older versions of other browsers.

My apologies for the confusion caused.

-Mage
  • oziman1oziman1 Posts: 1 New Member
    It needs fixing because I keep getting this message that says 'whoops!', I can't remember the rest of it but I tried three times to order Sim Points and without success.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited April 2018
    Microsoft have rubbished Windows IE11 on my laptop with their latest updates as they are pushing Edge too hard. I've moved to Google and Chrome and the page shows fine with it. Microsoft have stopped security updates for older IE versions so maybe that is why EA doesn't want 11 either