Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who bought My First Pet Stuff?

Comments

• LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    I certainly hope the responses to this post are a reflection of how Sims fans feel even outside of these forums. Maybe EA will learn a lesson from the lack of sales and NEVER do something like this again! EA needs to understand that there are limits and boundaries to how greedy they can be... and this is clearly the strike that (hopefully) makes them realize this. I honestly hope the sales of 'My First Pet' are terrible. If they end up being that way, then there could be a chance that EA will step up their game and actually release quality packs (like they did with Sims 2). Especially paid DLC that ISN'T simply additional content to an already released pack. Everything included in this stuff pack could've easily been included in 'Cats & Dogs'... but EA decided that it would be extra money for them to make as a stuff pack... BIG mistake!

or they will pack it up and kill the franchise lol pessimistic side came out
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    edited March 2018
    I didn't buy it.
    A lot of these packs seem to be aimed at casual gamers (the Sims 4 is a game that, as a whole, appeals to casual players as well as hardcore fans) meaning that a lot of casual players will just buy the DLC without too much concern for quality or replayability. Which is fine, but it also means that they get away with selling DLC that's not as fleshed out as it could be and there's little financial incentive to change their strategy. Think mobile games which are also aimed at casual players and try to get you to buy their add-ons and premium currency. Unfortunately this is not limited to the casual market, games like battlefield have introduced lootboxes (there was a huge controversy awhile back) but the push back from the hardcore gamers was so strong they retracted it. What I'm trying to say is, although TS4 has its hardcore fans, many are casual players that won't push back against DLC for DLC and this is what differs us from games like battlefield/SimCity. This is why I believe we see more 'negativity'/push back from people on the forums rather than Facebook/Twitter and the negativity often doesn't reflect how sales are/overall game reception.

But anyway, no I didn't buy the pack, I don't care for the content that much (the hamster is cute though, although not worth $10 to me).
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I bought it.
    I'm busy with uni work at the min and haven't simmed for a few weeks, but when I next get the time to go in game I'll be buying it.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited March 2018
    deleted

Post edited by pepperjax1230 on
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited March 2018
    I'm not paying an extra $10 for additional 'Cats & Dogs' content.
    Actually I would agree with you that its extra content for Cats & Dogs but I am kind of liking the extra stuff. The only reason its in a SP is because they focused more on the Cats & Dogs and they focused on a Vet Clinic. Is it worth the 10 extra dollar no but its fun to have extra things in your game.
    I certainly hope the responses to this post are a reflection of how Sims fans feel even outside of these forums. Maybe EA will learn a lesson from the lack of sales and NEVER do something like this again! EA needs to understand that there are limits and boundaries to how greedy they can be... and this is clearly the strike that (hopefully) makes them realize this. I honestly hope the sales of 'My First Pet' are terrible. If they end up being that way, then there could be a chance that EA will step up their game and actually release quality packs (like they did with Sims 2). Especially paid DLC that ISN'T simply additional content to an already released pack. Everything included in this stuff pack could've easily been included in 'Cats & Dogs'... but EA decided that it would be extra money for them to make as a stuff pack... BIG mistake!
    Are you the majority of the people you might wish for the pack to do poorly because its not worth paying 10 dollars for but you aren't EA. So you have no control or say pretty much what they put out. The best advice is if you don't want the pack don't buy it but its not sending them a message if you don't buy it because the majority of people that buy the pack are the ones that want the content it provides.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I didn't buy it.
    Thank's for the participation.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    I didn't buy it.
    I didn't buy it and I won't do it till it's on sale or unless I get it as a present or something. This pack is not exciting at all for me so I don't really want to pay 10€ for it ┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    I bought it.
    bought it and loving it!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I didn't buy it.
    I didn't buy it, and it definitely steered me away from buying anything relating to The Sims 4 and EA.

I can't support a business that thinks DLC for DLC is acceptable.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I didn't buy it.
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I didn't buy it, and it definitely steered me away from buying anything relating to The Sims 4 and EA.

Same. I won't touch TS4 for a long time.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I bought it.
    I didn't buy it only because I won it in a giveaway. If not, I would have bought it.
    edited March 2018

Ok so its not acceptable in TS4 but it was in TS3 there were things in the store that could have been part of another pack and you find that acceptable?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    I didn't buy it.

Ok so its not acceptable in TS4 but it was in TS3 the store had things filled with things that could have been part of another pack and you find that acceptable?

No its not acceptable but Sims 4 doesn't get a free ride scheming to make DLC for DLC, DLC that should have been part of another pack, simply because a previous game did it, and certainly not in the same cynical level cash grab as MFPS

Ok so its not acceptable in TS4 but it was in TS3 the store had things filled with things that could have been part of another pack and you find that acceptable?

No its not acceptable but Sims 4 doesn't get a free ride scheming to make DLC for DLC, DLC that should have been part of another pack, simply because a previous game did it, and certainly not in the same cynical level cash grab as MFPS
    Though it might seem like a cash grab to you they worked hard on Cats & Dogs to bring them to be like we never had them before and gave us a vet clinic to run. They have a budget and SP are the store in this game this time around. So what if they add extra things if you don't want it don't buy it but don't sit there and say it wrong when you aren't the game developer or EA you are just a customer. Granted I have more freedom to buy and try out packs because they aren't technically coming out of my budget. I like the SP it added more to the game. Thats why I buy them. Not every single person on this forum buys packs for all the gameplay features they buy them for the content.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited March 2018
    I didn't buy it.
    Its a business, and the people who work there are paid employees, its their job to work hard, like any job. They are not volunteers giving the world free entertainment. It's a cash grab that even some of the most die hard, rusted on fans have come to realize.
    edited March 2018
    Its a business, and the people who work there are paid employees, its there job to work hard, like any job. They are not volunteers giving the world free entertainment. . It's a cash grab that even some of the most die hard, rusted on fans have come to realize.
    Ok the next time I play Sims 2 or 3 I will remember that their store were cash grabs to. That makes no sense you miss the point I have gotten things from the store and paid extra for content I felt should have been added in another pack. Like why did I pay extra for laundry when it should have been added in an EP?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    I didn't buy it.
    yes exactly, which brings us full circle to my original comment. Thank you
    edited March 2018
    yes exactly, which brings us full circle to my original comment. Thank you
    But I bought the pack so I am not sitting telling anyone not to buy the thing because it should have been added in another pack. At the end of the day its up to the player to decide that. I paid extra for laundry that should have been in an EP I think so that makes no difference. I also dispise that pack I bought it for the furniture hair and clothes.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited March 2018
    I didn't buy it.

Ok so its not acceptable in TS4 but it was in TS3 there were things in the store that could have been part of another pack and you find that acceptable?

Well here you are kind of telling people they should buy it, despite ListentoToppDogg only saying they personally wont buy it. We are derailing
  • KiearaPhoenixKiearaPhoenix Posts: 212 Member
    I didn't buy it.

Now that I think about it, I actually think EA would have less backfire from MFP if they did do this pack like the sims 3 store. (barring separating the similar themed furniture.) Here's why... You don't have cats and dogs, but you like the furniture? Buy the individual items. Don't like any of the furniture but that fish tank table is something you can't live with out? Just get the fish tank table. That way you aren't paying for something you can't use.

I think that is why, as many people that hated the store, for me I didn't mind it. It was like buying a CD vs MP3s. I might love only a few songs on a cd and don't it's think it's worth paying $15.00, but for a few of the MP3s at 1.99 or .99 I could go for that.

Anyway, two wrongs don't make a right or sometimes it is the straw that breaks the camel's back; is why using the argument that a previous incarnation or person did it so a person should be okay with things now is not the best one to present imo.
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    I didn't buy it.
    Regardless of the controversy with this pack or not I had no intentions on buying it. I had enough small pets in my reality to want to have in my fantasy. They're annoying and honestly more work than larger pets in my opinion I do like the clothing and a few furniture items offered, but the rest..meh. Even had this been included as a free update or something the hammies would never see the light of day in my Sims' household unfortunately. Bunnies, fish, turtles, lizards, gerbils, snakes, etc...no thanks. Offer me chickens, ducks, horses, sheep, pigs, cows...then we'll talk ;)
  • alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member
    edited May 2018
    I didn't buy it.
    Post edited by alex_alex09 on
    edited March 2018

Well here you are kind of telling people they should buy it, despite ListentoToppDogg only saying they personally wont buy it. We are derailing
    No I am not telling anyone to buy it. I don't tell people to buy anything its their own money they can buy it if they want it.To me personally I like the coffee table fish tank and the little rodents. But that to me doesn't equal 10 dollars but its whatever.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Tcuff8Tcuff8 Posts: 15 New Member
    I didn't buy it.
    There wasn't enough I was interested in to buy the pack. I might ask for it for the holidays or something but I don't really want to spend my own money on it.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    I bought it.
    Yeah I bought it--there's a tiny water buffalo!!! How can you go wrong?!
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper