Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you participate in the Sticker Themes...

... or do you dress your sims however you choose to?

I think the themes for this week are fun (Cool, Silly & Retro), so I decided to go along. I chose Retro for Kali, the only thing missing is some roller skates. :D

ZHqyzKL.png
If there's a strong storm you'll find me gawking out the window, ignoring the safety warnings.

giphy.gif
Post edited by StormiSkiez on

Comments

• Echo006Echo006 Posts: 31 Member
    I have you added as a friend, I’m Ethan, I’ll definitely be giving you those stickers! As for me, I probably will start to participate more with the themes when I buy more outfits :D
  • StormiSkiezStormiSkiez Posts: 449 Member
    @Echo006 Hi Ethan, nice to meet you :) Also aww, thank you very much. I always try to add my friends sim to the contact list for my sim, so I can access them to give out stickers besides at parties. I'll check for your sims and make sure to give them some. Maybe you'll get lucky at Izzy's shop from the earned fashion gems and receive some clothing you like.
    If there's a strong storm you'll find me gawking out the window, ignoring the safety warnings.

giphy.gif
  • FaeFae Posts: 37 Member
    Unfortunately, I think a lot of people give stickers out just to complete the daily event. Your sim is rocking the retro/cool/silly look! Great job :smiley:
    @Fae Thank you :) Yeah, you're probably right about the stickers.

giphy.gif
  • OxanaPihlajamaaOxanaPihlajamaa Posts: 153 Member
    I love that outfit! My sims do not change appearance based on the themes, I just dress them in whatever I adore. And the same goes for other people's sims, I don't care whether they dressed for it or not, I'm giving out stickers until I run out of them.
    @OxanaPihlajamaa *waves hello to a fellow sticker depleter * Thank you :)

giphy.gif
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    edited March 2018
    I don't normally dress my sims to fit a them, but I had fun with the Retro sticker. lol Oh and yes, I do give out stickers if I really enjoy the outfits other sims are wearing!

Here is Ember channeling her 80's Olivia Newton John's "Let's Get Physical"! :)
    ZeMGjDo.png
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

@GoldenBuffy I would definitely give Ember a Retro sticker. I <3 the 80's and 90's.

giphy.gif
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Thanks! Glad you like her!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Assana8Assana8 Posts: 31 Member
    All of your Sims look great. When I realised there were themes to the stickers I tried giving my Sims a retro look. Feel free to check out my Sims. I haven't got a picture but I have my code: HR9C7N4 - my friend limit is nowhere near reached :D
    036ae1c16dc75d087037a7af203b8877--cosima-niehaus-bbc-america.jpg
    - Don't suck on your bitter lemons, add a little sugar and make sweet lemonade.
    edited March 2018
    @Assana8 Thank you. Unfortunately my friends list is maxed out :/ Hopefully the developers will raise the friend limit at some point, so that I can add more people.

giphy.gif
  • Tiffany562411Tiffany562411 Posts: 278 Member
    @Assana8 Thank you. Unfortunately my friends list is maxed out :/ Hopefully the developers will raise the friend limit at some point, so that I can add more people.

It's rediculous it's at 50 to begin with
  • FaeFae Posts: 37 Member

It's rediculous it's at 50 to begin with

Agreed. This is a VERY small friends list.
  • Assana8Assana8 Posts: 31 Member
    I have accepted friend requests thank you very much. I like finding inspiration from other homes and sims. I think it's safe to say we can expect a lot of updates from this game. EA won't please everyone. I accidently brought cupcakes for 15$ each. Twice in two minutes! I would like a safe guard for this. But then again I could go slower with my clicks :blush:
    036ae1c16dc75d087037a7af203b8877--cosima-niehaus-bbc-america.jpg
    - Don't suck on your bitter lemons, add a little sugar and make sweet lemonade.
  • BramBram Posts: 25 Member
    I don't see the nice part about stickers though
    @Bram The only positive I know of is that at the end of the week you receive fashion gems based on the amount of stickers you received during that week.

giphy.gif
    @StormiSkiez Oh 🐸🐸🐸🐸 man didn't know that
    @StormiSkiez I meant to say thanks :)
    @Bram you're welcome :)

giphy.gif
    > @StormiSkiez said:
    > @Bram you're welcome :)

Do you have tips how to get more stickers?
    @Bram Going to parties and also adding friends that can give you stickers. Someone else may have some other ideas, but that's all I know of.

giphy.gif
  • KuvuplanKuvuplan Posts: 34 Member
    Going to parties makes you visible to other players, but you are still at the mercy of other players and devices.

I got a Yellow/Orange sweatshirt from Izzy, then Retro theme came up and my brain decided to make a Velma Dinkley (Links not available to 7 month old accounts with 14 posts and 32 points). Or at least the best Sim Approximation. But I think I'm getting more cool than retro, and that is at 3 stickers or less a day per category. I did change her name to point out the outfit a bit better and intend to revert to my normal stuff at the end of the week (or retire her).

But I know there are a lot of times when I get sticker options, I have no idea what I'm giving a sticker to. The name is obscured, and the action choices are hiding the sims, and the visible area is background or a tree, or something else.

After talking to some people in parties, stickers are kinda randomly given out.

Do you know how many stickers you need to get some fashion gems at the end of the week? I haven't gotten any before, and I suspect I'm not going to get enough this time either.
    @Kuvuplan I don't know the minimum stickers you need to get the gems but that would be nice to know. I have received between I think 6 - 9 gems per sim that I have. I do remember when my main sim (Kali) received 9 gems she had 18 stickers in one category alone and a few in the other two categories as well. If I get enough stickers this week to earn gems I'll make note of it and let you know the exact numbers I had.

giphy.gif
    @StormiSkiez Hey,
    Do you know where I can get corner shown in the Salie kitchen picture (the one after wedding stuff in collections)?
    @Bram I was about to answer you on my wall lol. I'll tell you there. :)

giphy.gif