Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you care the most in an SP: CAS items, B/B items, or gameplay?

elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
When purchasing a stuff pack, which aspect is the most important to you: new CAS items, new build/buy items, or new gameplay?
qidpmcvgek8y.png

What do you care the most in an SP: CAS items, B/B items, or gameplay? 101 votes

New CAS Items
15%
HowGreatThouArtJprp83loubyloulouv12creatorMEP199hmae123TrimothAgustín CornejokeylimepiesimsBlueR0seOEII1001SihuItsJanierTheHarbinger_51ListentoToppDoggGalaxySimsGirl 16 votes
New Build/Buy Items
25%
BeckiJoMMoon_Willowg01denswancatloverplayerAlbaWaterhousegiveit2meKarababy52EnkiSchmidthirondelle09Amiutzajewelcrazy85DominicLaurenceMrMonty96TheGoodOldGamerAbraKadabrachocbookSimmerNickYTgummybear0724AfterMidnightrinre33 26 votes
New Gameplay
58%
DannydanboAkl500POneAdorkableGirltobumonalexspoom13MartinvColorist40Writin_RegJanlSusanaLeoteBagoas77Ceres_Meirionaluthienrisingalanmichael1SjofnfabemePegasysgeoffreypasimsinmysleepCheekybits 59 votes

Comments

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    New Gameplay
    New gameplay.
  • DustwebDustweb Posts: 7 New Member
    New Gameplay
    As much as I value build and buy objects, when push comes to shove it is a game, and so gameplay is the most important for me.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2018
    New Build/Buy Items
    Gameplay.

I checked the wrong thing.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    New Gameplay
    As much as some items can "look cute" if there is no knew gameplay introduced, I see it as a waste of money.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    New Build/Buy Items
    My favourite thing about the sims 4 is building and furnishing. I always get the most excited about the style of packs. Of course gameplay is important and I do love cas so very much, but if I had to choose than ultimately if something is to push me into getting a pack it will be the build and but items 90% of the time.
    This isn't really as much the case with game or expansion packs.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    New Gameplay
    I look for this always and if it's not there, like the pet stuff pack, I don't buy it. It's too easy to get build items and CAS from TSR, but I don't like having script mods in my sims unless it's absolutely necessary, so gameplay is most important to me.

However, when build/buy items are interactive, I want them and will buy the SP for it.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    New Gameplay
    I want more than just recolors of mimics. I want new game play. Like the hamster for example, but not all the kids furniture that should have been in C&D.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    New Gameplay
    It was a toss-up for me between gameplay and build/buy items. I love building in this version of the game so I'm always looking for more b/b stuff but the gameplay items tend to ultimately make the pack for me since it's fun to get more things to do.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    New CAS Items
    New CAS, specifically the hairstyles.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    New CAS Items
    You know, it's a stuff pack. I buy it for the stuff. It's in the title. Sometimes the gameplay object or feature is something I use as well, but Game Packs and XPacs are generally where those things live.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    New Build/Buy Items
    For me its for the build items. Like I don't really care about the Laundry items, I just want those rustic style objects. The gameplay is just an extra for me.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    New Build/Buy Items
    In a Stuff Pack, I care about STUFF.
    I voted for BB but CAS is almost equally important to me. I buy them to get a new style of furniture, and cool hairstyles or whatever.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I can't decide. I must say my two favorite stuff packs are ones that I feel do a great job with all three, RG and VG.

In general, gameplay matters the least to me when it comes to stuff packs. What keeps me satisfied or dissatisfied with my purchase in the long run is almost always how much use I end up getting out of the build and CAS objects. The only exception to this for me so far has been VG's butler, which I've been using nonstop since the pack came out.

As for the other two, build and CAS, it's really a toss up for me. I would be satisfied if the pack was strong in either area.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    New Gameplay
    I like the gameplay because in Sims 4 unlike previous version the gameplay items only come in the stuff packs - and much of the CAS stuff is just recolors or slightly changed designs of other build/buy. If it was not for the new gameplay items we can only get in sps - then I would probably not be so eager to get them as these sps are more than just stuff or new swatches.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    New Gameplay
    I'm all up for new gameplay. Especially smaller ideas that wouldn't or don't need a larger pack. At this point if you've bought it all. There are only so many more couches you need.
    egTcBMc.png
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    New Gameplay
    While I love B/B objects, I really, really LOVE gameplay the most. I need more stuff for my sims to do! :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    New Gameplay
    I know that Game-play isn't the point of a stuff pack. But I don't really value 'stuff' very highly anyway.

It's always the little game-play items/features that make me enjoy the pack most.

Second to that, probably Cas Items.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited March 2018
    New Gameplay
    More gameplay makes the game more fascinating to discover and make us avoid to be bored. However new objects items are always good to have too. For cas there are at least more creators who meshes that at least I don't care much.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    New CAS Items
    In a stuff pack, i actually look at the CAS because the gameplay is usually minimal and i aways use the same furniture over and over. But i get OCD when my sims start wearing the same thing, its not a fashion sense, its just dislike of repeating myself...unless its furniture.
    jr73Y.gif

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    New Gameplay
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I want more than just recolors of mimics. I want new game play. Like the hamster for example, but not all the kids furniture that should have been in C&D.

I’m sorry to tell you this...
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    New Build/Buy Items
    I've been super into building lately so the build/buy is where it's at for me.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    New CAS Items
    I wonder why anyone would think the focus of a stuff pack is gameplay. But anyways...I meant to vote for BB stuff <3
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    New Gameplay
    I wonder why anyone would think the focus of a stuff pack is gameplay. But anyways...I meant to vote for BB stuff <3

I don't think the focus of a SP pack is new gameplay at all. I do get drawn to it more for the gameplay aspect though. I wouldn't buy as many SP's without it and I doubt I'm alone there. It's just smart marketing to add both in... I know some dislike EA marketing it that way.. but it will sell more overall if they do that in my opinion.
    egTcBMc.png
  • HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    edited March 2018
    New Gameplay
    The gameplay item is a make or break for me and determines if I will buy the pack. Ironically, the bathroom set from the Fitness pack is one I use in almost all my homes. I use it much more than the rock climbing wall.
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    New Gameplay
    I take all three into account but usually whatever new gameplay thing is in it will push me over the edge.