Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to Improve my Sim's Home?

CatersCaters Posts: 102 Member
edited March 2018 in The Sims 3 Builders
I am building a home for my sim named Lisa and I want to at least have a second floor for her to have her children later on. My lot has the trait of natural light so I don't need windows, at least I don't think I need windows. Here are the floors I have right now:

2chi195.png
This is her basement where I plan to have an indoor pool later on, All I have there right now is a litter box in case her cat goes downstairs and stairs to go up to the first floor.

sG4WOzD.png
This is where most of her stuff is. You notice that there are 8 rooms in total. Starting from the furthest back room there is a kitchen with a tile floor. I know I could get her better appliances and more appliances and I will but what is in that image is what I have right now. There are 2 doors from the kitchen into the dining room in which is just a table with 6 chairs. From there there is yet another door that leads to the hallway. The hallway connects directly to a room with a pet bed, a cat tree, and a piano. There are no doors from the hallway to that room. From that room you can go 2 ways. If you go in the direction of the kitchen, it leads you to a medical office. This is where Lisa keeps all her promotion items from her Doctor Career. She is currently at level 7 in that career, but I digress. In the other direction there is a bathroom with a bathtub, a toilet, a sink, and another litter box. From the hallway, if you go in that same direction you get to the living room where there is another table, a couch, a flatscreen TV, a bookshelf, and a couple of cat toys. If you continue to go in that direction there is a bedroom which is also a study. There is a frog there which Lisa caught herself. And outside is her garden. I know those plants need tending to and I will let Lisa do that.

Here is the second floor:
kVzrp5S.png
I know, it is empty with no stairs or anything else.

So I was wondering, where on the first floor should I put the stairs that lead to the second floor? And how else can I improve this home?

Comments

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    You'll probably get a better answer in the Sims 4 section. You've posted in the sims 3 section. Not having sims 4, I can only answer from a sims 3 perspective. I'd put the stairs up to a 2d floor in the center hallway. I'd keep the second floor smaller than the first and incorporate balconies.
  • Options
    CatersCaters Posts: 102 Member
    Oh my gosh, you're right. I posted a Sims 4 question in the Sims 3 section. I must have gotten mislead by the subforum's name being Builders.