Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laundry Day Autonomous Interaction: Sims stand around brushing lint off themselves too often.

Since I bought and installed Laundry Day, I've found my sims spend a lot of time standing around between interactions and brushing themselves off. I figure it's an action tied to the laundry moodlets, but I find it incredibly irksome. I'm very controlling of my sims, which is why I never allow them any autonomy, and this little interaction is driving me bonkers when they're standing around instead of doing what I told them to do. I don't believe this issue is a bug, just an unforeseen consequence of a minute interaction the devs put into the game. It'd be great if in a future patch this could get turned down a bit.

Am I alone in this? I get that it's a pretty ridiculous thing to be irritated by, but I've got several large families who all live in pretty rigid schedules, and I find myself having mini-meltdowns when they're just standing there brushing themselves off for what feels like an hour, though I know it is not.
Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
Sims 4 Blog
Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Dunno if you're intro using mods, but this http://littlemssam.de/small-laundry-overhaul/ should be pretty helpful as it should put a stop to the idle animations for laundry day. Comes in a zip file you should be able to pick the one out of the bunch you wanna use.

I don't mind it so much since usually when I'm not looking sims are doing it, it's less frustrating than them hugging about every moment.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited March 2018
    The only thing about the animation that bothers me is that the sims can say "bah!" and appear to be picking at their clothes even when the laundry is clean. I can see that for the used clothing animation, but why clean clothes?

Edit: I just thought about it and realized they must be picking off dryer lint. Okay, I guess?
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    The only thing about the animation that bothers me is that the sims can say "bah!" and appear to be picking at their clothes even when the laundry is clean. I can see that for the used clothing animation, but why clean clothes?

Edit: I just thought about it and realized they must be picking off dryer lint. Okay, I guess?

That was my assumption as well.
    Sims 4 Blog
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Dunno if you're intro using mods, but this http://littlemssam.de/small-laundry-overhaul/ should be pretty helpful as it should put a stop to the idle animations for laundry day. Comes in a zip file you should be able to pick the one out of the bunch you wanna use.

I don't mind it so much since usually when I'm not looking sims are doing it, it's less frustrating than them hugging about every moment.

I don't use mods but thanks for the information. I'm always debating about it, since everyone who does use mods seems to agree they make the game much easier to play.
    Sims 4 Blog
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    When the laundry stuff first came out I had a Sim use a washtub to do his laundry. He dried it on a clothesline. He wasn't happy that his clothes were damp. Then he wanted a washer and dryer so I got him a set which he upgraded.

All of my playable households have fully upgraded washers and dryers. Since then, the Sims that I've seen brushing off their clothes do it pretty quickly - it takes maybe a second or two. They don't do it very frequently either. Their laundry quality is pristine. I wonder if that makes a difference?
    Monaveil wrote: »
    When the laundry stuff first came out I had a Sim use a washtub to do his laundry. He dried it on a clothesline. He wasn't happy that his clothes were damp. Then he wanted a washer and dryer so I got him a set which he upgraded.

All of my playable households have fully upgraded washers and dryers. Since then, the Sims that I've seen brushing off their clothes do it pretty quickly - it takes maybe a second or two. They don't do it very frequently either. Their laundry quality is pristine. I wonder if that makes a difference?

I appreciate your insight into this. You may be onto something there.
    Sims 4 Blog