Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My First Pet Aftermath: Did you stick with your initial convictions?

12346...Next

Comments

• MeggyPlumbobMeggyPlumbob Posts: 46 Member
    Didn’t buy, will only pick it up if there’s a sale.
  • Scarlett2kScarlett2k Posts: 183 Member
    I caved and I regret it. Just a dog was so high maintenance my Sim spent all of her time making it happy and he still ran away once. I will adopt it out before I even try a hamster. Geez. Origin....you make me hate myself.
  • Scarlett2kScarlett2k Posts: 183 Member
    Oh, but I did get it on saallee!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2018
    Weird - I haven't seen it on sale yet. Where at? I know people who are looking for it on sale and they've had no luck. They want the pack - but like all the packs they buy refuse to get any unless it's on sale.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    The fact that part of it requires cats & dogs was never a problem for me;
    Imagine they release reasons, and then later release a natural disaster pack, which, if you have seasons, will also add more extreme weather - that would mean people who just want normal weather can have that with just seasons, people who want extreme weather can add that by adding natural disasters as well, and people who don't want any weather needn't bother with either pack - I personally don't see a problem with that.

Having seen that rodents can become immortal and have secret lives I'm definitely getting it, but I'm on a budget and want to see what's coming in the next quarter before I decide when I'm adding hamsters.

Yes I agree with you. Stuff Packs are a good way to give players the option to expand earlier packs if they wish to. Natural disasters to complement seasons is a great example and I would love to have them in my game but I guess it wouldn't be something for everyone.

I am thinking about getting the pack but I just got Jungle Adventures so I am waiting a bit. If it turns out that we won't be getting any new Sims Content for a long while I would like to pick up the pack in a few weeks just to have something new and shiny in my game. Also, the current main family would not get a yet another pet at the moment so I will wait a bit longer for that reason as well.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    Still no need, did not buy. but was kind of thinking of using fish tank coffee table to build an outdoor fishpond that was not enough to buy the pack
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    Nope, didn't want it. Didn't buy it. Only one I haven't bought.
    I could not be bothered with the cool kitchens the small pets and I really don’t want vampires. I may try @TwistedMexican ‘s vampire script mod though so I can get the victorian build items
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I had a weird fluctuations of emotions, in the end my main disappointment with the pack is the fact that many CAS assets are just reskinned assets from either basegame clothing or clothing from other packs. But other than that I actually really like the Build and Buy mode objects that were added, some are weird and completely off my taste but others offer very nice versatility. Also the small pets are very interesting to observe throughout their life time.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Didn’t plan to buy it. Did not buy it. Still have no plans to buy it.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Didn't want it. Didn't get it. Stuck with my decision.

It's a Stuff Pack that's full of - SOMETHING - alright, and it ain't FUR! I know several people, who don't have the Cats And Dogs Pack, who basically bought 1/2 of a Stuff Pack for FULL Pack price!

Why EA didn't just put the Cats And Dogs items in a separate pack? I don't know - other than to make more money with less effort. Was it fair to those, who only wanted the small pets? No.

I (personally) own the Cats And Dogs Pack, though I feel like this was such an underhanded move - even for EA - that I've sworn to stay away from it! Add to that, the Cats And Dogs items were merely just recolored versions, so trust me when I say that I'm not missing anything!

If you're going to make a pack for small pets, ALL the items that are included should be for that pack! Give the Cats And Dogs items their own pack, so people who don't have Cats And Dogs aren't buying items that they can't even use!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    I was considering it until I learned that one needs Cats and Dogs. Even though I have the expansion pack, I think its completely ridiculous to have players buy DLC for other DLC. What if they just want the rodents? They would have to spend 40 bucks on the whole EP?

Nah
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    I was against it from the start and still do not own a hammy. I am waiting for the 50% off + sale.

This.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I finally have some income again so I decided to get it as I have a few building/story plans with it. About to play now. I was a bit confused as to why it was released out of the blue and clear re-meshes, but I wasn't too bend out of shape over it.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    Didn't buy it.
    Didn't think about buying it.
    Never will buy it.
    It is the biggest money grab of 2018. DLC for DLC? Pretty much only re-skins? Seriously, EA? You can do better than that.
  • summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    I always knew I was get it because I loved Cats & Dogs and I will buy every pack for 4, though some I wait for a sale on. I waited for a sale on this one because I just didn't have the money for it. I guess I don't understand all the drama surrounding this pack, I personally love it. The hamsters/etc are really cute and their adventures bring me a smile when I get a notification. I love love love the round coffee table and it doesn't bother me one bit that you can't interact with it. The important thing for me is that the fish still swim around. It's probably in my top 5 buy mode objects of the game so far and I use it in every home. I also just built a little girls room and decorated using a good amount of stuff from the pack and I love it, it's one of my favorite rooms. I'm happier with it than I still am with Laundry Day stuff, so that says something.
    1500x500.jpg
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2018
    Yes and I bought it as planned. I enjoy it immensely. My simmie kids can have pets just like my brother and I had. My sims have never been bitten or made ill by the little furry ones. I also let a sim have the adorable little Hedgehog - Something Iwished I could have had and never did. My simmie loves little Hunnie a lot. I am very happy I have everything in this pack. Little desk is darling.

Why on earth would I not buy something I wanted? So yes of course I'd buy it. Lots of enjoyment for just 10 dollars.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    I bought it and don't regret it. I don't even use the content much, but when I do I enjoy it. I didn't mind paying $10 because I had it to spend without sacrificing anything else.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png