Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My First Pet Aftermath: Did you stick with your initial convictions?

Comments

• Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I didn't buy it. What's sad it the whole death was nice but nope...definitely did not buy
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Thought about buying it, but didn't ... the price tag here is Canada was $13 + tax, so it would be around $15 for a pack that should've been patched in. The content just doesn't merit the price tag.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I was totally against it. Thought about a possible buy if on sale for 5 bucks. I decided I really needed to take a stand with this pack because I do not want them to pull this crap again. I find it ridiculous they gave us a half expansion and selling me the rest in a stuff pack. So NO NO NO!! will not buy ever. I am trying to stay away from too many details so I don't get tempted. The aquarium table did tempt me slightly but I am standing my ground. This is the only game I have trouble saying NO to even when it sucks I keep hoping it gets better.
  • costa09costa09 Posts: 52 Member
    edited March 2018
    I was not convinced. I bought it anyway. It did not satisfy me. I am very disappointed. Very boring stuff.
  • SimLarkSimLark Posts: 143 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I didn't purchase it. Maybe one day, when there's a sale and the numbers don't mean anything anymore, I might. Or if we get some kind of acknowledgement from the company to restore good faith, I would reconsider. I really don't know what that could be. I guess if they went ahead and did a full small pets Game pack instead of offering each animal in pieces, I would consider that a good direction, but I can't say that would make me buy the Stuff pack. Maybe if they offered us a patch for some C&D objects like new bed styles and doghouses and such, I would reconsider, but I don't really see that happening.

My thoughts exactly! Didn't buy it and I cannot see myself doing it too soon.
    I am not an English native speaker, so excuse my French :)
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited March 2018
    No offense, OP. However, the poll that you posted doesn't really allow for an answer to the question in your title. Almost all of the options are basically the same: "Yes, I bought it!" The one negative choice that you provided presumed that those who didn't buy were on board from the get.

I never intended to buy, I didn't buy, and I won't, no matter how much I want small critters for the kiddies in my story. I refuse on principle. After complaining long and hard, I'm finally putting my money where my mouth is.

I'm not completely done with TS4, I'm waiting to see what happens with Seasons. However, if that is as lacking and as deconstructed and repackaged into individual pieces as the rest of TS4 is so far, I'm out. Over $400USD and still waiting for the hallmark game play, systems, and objects has not been a fun ride.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    No offense, OP. However, the poll that you posted doesn't really allow for an answer to the question in your title. Almost all of the options are basically the same: "Yes, I bought it!" The one negative choice that you provided presumed that those who didn't buy were on board from the get.

I never intended to buy, I didn't buy, and I won't, no matter how much I want small critters for the kiddies in my story. I refuse on principle. After complaining long and hard, I'm finally putting my money where my mouth is.

I'm not completely done with TS4, I'm waiting to see what happens with Seasons. However, if that is as lacking and as deconstructed and repackaged into individual pieces as the rest of TS4 is so far, I'm out. Over $400USD and still waiting for the hallmark game play, systems, and objects has not been a fun ride.

Yeah, I mentioned that in the second post.
    Unfortunately we can't edit after we post the poll.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    Other. Said I wasn't gonna buy it, and stuck to it.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I never wanted to buy it, and I never will. Even if you take out the DLC for DLC part, it's not even a good pack, in fact the content is horrible and I would never use any of it.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I haven't bought it yet; still debating over it. The only thing I want out of the pack are the small animals. Otherwise, I think everything else is overdone and exaggerated - Not a big fan of animal-themed furniture, and I don't ever dress up my cats or dogs. Not to mention, I've heard much of what came with CAS are mere copies of other packs/patches.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    To each their own - but for me - Love it! and wanted it from the start.

I knew I'd enjoy the little cute touches Graham is known for in his packs. Not even once had any doubts.

Besides I am not influenced by negative posts at all - I like to make my own judgment.
    Like others aren’t influenced by positive posts at all because they like to make their own judgement?
    I absolutely adore animals, all animals! I even own 2 Chinese dwarf hamsters.. BUT I will not buy this pack.
    If mfps focused on & included a variety of small furry animals, say hamsters, hedgehogs, small mice, rats, rabbits and guinea pigs, Actually gave us a few different cage/tank options with some objects for the little ones (How cute would a hamster ball be?!) I would have been happy. Instead they threw more object recolors together and silly looking pet clothing, I personally would never use. There is not enough content in mfps to even be a stuff pack! It's ridiculous.

It has 4 creatures and stuff packs do not allow the devs to make much animation. I am sure that cage provided emptied Grahams animation allowed budget. Like Graham has always said - their animation budget is not money - it's hours. Money they can get more of - but they cannot get more hours in a day. Considering the animation even has a budget for stuff packs is a big step forward seeing no other Sims game stuff packs even had an animation budget until Sims 4.
    Of course they can. By adding FTE.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    :p I forgot an option for those who were against it from the start and stuck with it.
    Sorry about that. I cannot edit the poll.

LOL I read it like 4 times trying to find that option.

I won't ever give a dime to this pack.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member

I love Sims 4, I truly do, and I usually get every expansion, game, and stuff pack, so it's with genuine regret that I say... nope, haven't caved yet and at this time, I have no plans to. I'm generally pretty weak about things like this and tell myself, 'Oh, it's only $10. I could skip going out to eat once and more than make that $10 up,' but there really just isn't enough stuff in the pack that I want. I could see myself maybe caving one day if one of my favorite custom content creators makes something awesome using a mesh from the pack. Otherwise, I doubt I'll be buying it any time soon, if ever.
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    Refused to buy it and I haven't caved nor do I think I ever will. I will not support this pack.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    To each their own - but for me - Love it! and wanted it from the start.

I knew I'd enjoy the little cute touches Graham is known for in his packs. Not even once had any doubts.

Besides I am not influenced by negative posts at all - I like to make my own judgment.
    Like others aren’t influenced by positive posts at all because they like to make their own judgement?
    I absolutely adore animals, all animals! I even own 2 Chinese dwarf hamsters.. BUT I will not buy this pack.
    If mfps focused on & included a variety of small furry animals, say hamsters, hedgehogs, small mice, rats, rabbits and guinea pigs, Actually gave us a few different cage/tank options with some objects for the little ones (How cute would a hamster ball be?!) I would have been happy. Instead they threw more object recolors together and silly looking pet clothing, I personally would never use. There is not enough content in mfps to even be a stuff pack! It's ridiculous.

It has 4 creatures and stuff packs do not allow the devs to make much animation. I am sure that cage provided emptied Grahams animation allowed budget. Like Graham has always said - their animation budget is not money - it's hours. Money they can get more of - but they cannot get more hours in a day. Considering the animation even has a budget for stuff packs is a big step forward seeing no other Sims game stuff packs even had an animation budget until Sims 4.
    Of course they can. By adding FTE.

Well I suggest to bring that up to Graham who said it to start with.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I said I would NOT be purchasing this stuff pack and I kept that promise. I still haven't gotten it and most likely never will... unless it ends up being for free (which will never happen).
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I bought it on one day, and plan to buy more in the future. it's my money, my hobby, addiction. ;)
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Option not listed... I was against it from the start and did not buy it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I held no convictions. If there had been anything in it that I wanted, I would have bought it. But since there wasn't it was easy for me not to get it :p
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    edited March 2018
    Didn't buy it and probably won't unless there is a major sale.

Only thing that tempts me is the rodent plague, for story reasons.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I'll admit I was interested at first, but then I saw a review and got sudden flashbacks to the Katy Perry themed stuffpack and how all of the content in that pack had been cut from Showtime. So decided not to buy, am waiting for a sale.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited March 2018
    When I saw the trailer video for My First Pet, I was...quite confused. I wasn’t sure why it looked like a weird hodgepodge of different content, and it looked pretty sparse in the B/B department as well.

I’m still wondering why they put one hamster pet (and reskins) in a stuff pack. Wouldn’t the hamster gameplay fit better in a fleshed out GP with multiple small pet animals?

I was not impressed with the B/B items (except for that cool aquarium table), and I did not like the Cat/Dog clothing, so I didn’t buy it, and I am going to wait for a big sale instead.

I really wanted a GP pack instead! I want a bunny, a bird, a lizard, a ferret, and more interactive fish! :confused:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I didn't and won't.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    edited March 2018
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »
    :p I forgot an option for those who were against it from the start and stuck with it.
    Sorry about that. I cannot edit the poll.
    And that's me ;) With the footnote I have no idea what I would have done if I'd have loved the game (waving at KP on a shelf behind me and Aurora Skies in my Worlds folder), so no judging on my account.

The combination of KP and Aurora Skies is the climax of TS3! My favorite pack and the best world!
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Even the CAS was terrible, and typically that’s what a lot of people look forward to in a new pack.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif