Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trying to run without Custom Content - unable to get past the start screen

I have never tried to run the game before without custom content, but last year I downloaded several lots for Dragon Valley and a quantity of CC from TSR and ATS. Then I decided to upload a family and can't. I have done many uploads in the past, but now, everything fails to upload, houses, families, objects.

I removed all Mods. No joy. I then decided to run without custom content in case that was the problem. I thought if you didn't save the game it would only temporarily be without custom content. However - I've not been able to get the game to actually start once I've ticked the box. The black screen comes up, prior to the game starting, and then it stays like that. Several minutes later I did an emergency shut down as the whole notebook was frozen.

Should I expect a huge delay while the game sorts through all my files to remove CC? There isn't that much of it, but there are a LOT of saved game files as I have several families and worlds on the go. Maybe I should leave in only the one game file to shorten the process?

I suppose if necessary I could just get rid of the downloads folder and spend several hours reloading just the Sims store stuff, but as I don't know if that is the problem preventing uploading it seems extreme.

So - do I need to find a good book to read while the game removes CC, or is there something goingn badly wrong here?

Thanks

Comments

• Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    Thanks to an old answer from Bishop Bettie I managed to get around the uploading problem by removing a DCB file temporarily from my game, after which uploads went without hitch. So clearly it is something in my CC that is causing the issue. As I try not to include CC in my uploads as not everyone wants it in their games I don't mind stripping that folder before uploading, so as not to contaminate anyone else with the problem objects whatever they are.