Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we will get 2 EPs in 2018 ?

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
Hi,

Do you think we will get 2 EP in 2018 ?

Facts, rumors and speculations :
  • FACT: Seasons EP on June 22, 2018
  • In 2012, TS3 EP07 Supernatural was released in September and EP08 Seasons in November
  • Survey 2017 talked about University theme
    • Survey 2014 -> EP01 Get To work and EP02 Get Together (2015)
    • Survey 2015 -> EP03 City Living (2016)
    • Survey 2016 -> EP04 Cats & Dogs (2017)
  • Visceral Games (Redwood Shores) was closed in October 2017, they worked on TS3 Ambitions.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

Do you think we will get 2 EPs in 2018 ? 317 votes

Yes
24%
JeanGRIMMYLeGardePourpreIceyJBlkBarbiegalWedLadyMariketaPlayerSinger2010VibsebandcampsquirrelStrangerthanDarcVader1PegasysBoredinTXrafaeljonas06Bon06PRSJMSCeCeDotelelunicy12JEREMIA 79 votes
No
54%
Playauroraael14CK213catmom1987rudy8292ErpeKita5399Goth583alexspoom13alan650111aprilroseLomelindi7Jessa_DakkarVkittyAngel_miximhappyfruitsmisSimpatsyannKelleygirlAesir26 174 votes
I don't know
20%
icmnfrshLukeMjstsmPInvisibleaeskeekee53Klthftypicalgeminirobyngravesluthienrisingmock68catloverplayermarcel21KaeChan2089JoAnne65determigashcrash19bloodydarkanglBeena0721the_greenplumbobrambahadoer 64 votes

Comments

• LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    I don't know
    would be nice to get a EP that finishes or at least adds more occult fairies werewolves so those that mod don't have to attempt a mod that is not up to game specs and breaks every time EA patches or crashes your game cause of code conflicts
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes
    Seasons and University would be wonderful, I hope my crystal ball is right this time.
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    I don't know
    I don't really know, but probably not.
  • LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    I don't know
    I don't really know, but probably not.

Thinking if we do it will be totally off what people want meaning most want seasons or add to occult seems EA continues to do their own thing No offense just listen to us more please
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited March 2018
    Using S3 to compare is not useful because the systems in place for releasing packs (team setup, time devoted to development etc) has completely changed in S4 with the introduction of GPs.

So in all honesty no one here knows, but my guess is no, we won’t.
  • HueyJefeHueyJefe Posts: 127 Member
    No
    Hope so? Yes.
    Think so? No.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited March 2018
    No
    I doubt it.

As already said, sims 3 was a completely different set up so not ideal to compare. They had two teams making expansions.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I don't know
    I don't know, maybe for the end of TS4 they'll go fast.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Yes
    Oh yes we will I like to see them do it! If it’s only one, I’m about to be unhappy!
    edited March 2018
    Yes
    @KatyJay88 wrote: »
    Using S3 to compare is not useful because the systems in place for releasing packs (team setup, time devoted to development etc) has completely changed in S4 with the introduction of GPs.

So in all honesty no one here knows, but my guess is no, we won’t.

You're right.

The current situation is strange, even EA Play makes me think something important will be announced.
    Since 2014 Maxis announcements have always skipped EA Play.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    No
    No they have an EP team that produces about one a year. We probably won't get an EP till closer to the end of the year. Who knows though maybe there are big changes coming.. I just really doubt it.
    I'd buy 2 EP's if we got 2 in one year though lol.
    egTcBMc.png
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    I don't know
    I wish I was privy to when these surveys take place. I just took a look at the 2017 one and I would've voted for ( if it's possible to have more than one vote ) Witches, Dream Jobs, ( being a Thief and a Rock Star sounds awesome ) Faires, and On Campus.

As for the OP's question, I'm cynical. I doubt it, but it would be nice, assuming the EPs are at least moderately worth it.
  • hevkerhevker Posts: 84 Member
    No
    I'd love that to be the case. I'm quite interested in what is going to be announced during EA play. Idk how I feel about Sims 5 being announced (this is just pure speculation btw) when there feels like alot missing from TS4. Or I might just want university and seasons a bit too much haha
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    No
    I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility that they might have a surprise up their sleeves but...I highly doubt it.

I would expect several big game packs ala Jungle Adventures or Vampires though since we're still pretty early in the year.
    ~ ~ ~
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    No
    TS3 had two EP teams. TS4 only has one. So nope, it's highly unlikely. The only way we'd realistically get two EPs in a year is if one released super early in the year, and the other released super late in it. But even then, they'd be in different 'fiscal' years, even though they'd technically be in the same calendar year.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
    edited March 2018
    Yes
    The "Two EP teams" argue means nothing.

We don't know the current organization of The Sims Studio.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    edited March 2018
    No
    Nope. for me, If we are going to get two expansion this year then they should have released/announce it by now.

Edited for typo
  • LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    edited March 2018
    I don't know
    If they were to release Seasons & University within 3 months of each other, that would be awesome.

But if only 1 EP is in 2018 ... then I don't know about TS4 ... 1 EP a year is kind of lame. I wanted GP's and SP's to add content not replace content. It feels like they are splitting the work they could be doing on EP's into GP's and SP's instead of finishing 1 EP and then releasing additional GP's and SP's as additional content...
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Yes
    I doubt it.

As already said, sims 3 was a completely different set up so not ideal to compare. They had two teams making expansions.

You're right, and we have been told repeatedly not to compare sims 4 with past game schedules.

My theory is that cats and dogs was taking up must of their time however and that's why we only got one, since we know they work on multiple packs at a time. Hopefully once Seasons and Pets are out and over with we can go back to having 2 expansions a year, since Get to Work and Get Together came out in the same year.

On the other hand, its entirely possible that Get to work was already worked on before the base game even launched, which is why it could have been 2 expansions in a year.

Either way, it would be nice to have 2 a year, especially considering their quality isn't really worth it to wait a year for. I get way more excited for game packs than I do expansions, and I know I'm not the only one. Its gotten to the point that I really hope Witches are added to their own Gamepack rather than a supernatural expansion pack so that they can be done right like Vampires.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I don't know
    I picked I don't know but I am leaning more to NO.

If there isn't one in the upcoming quarter teaser, then definitely no.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    No
    I really do not think so. Can always hope, but I don’t see it as likely
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I don't know
    They said they dont follow any patterns so who knows? But sales of one ep could directly affect the other if they release too closely together.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    No
    Nope.

While there's no specific pattern for GP and SP, we only have one big pack a year.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    edited March 2018
    Yes
    Once Pets EP is released, I think it free a lot of resources because it's almost a mini-basegame (Pet AI, Create a Pet, ...).
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    No
    HueyJefe wrote: »
    Hope so? Yes.
    Think so? No.

Same