Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm Not Sure How to Get the Recent Update

So, earlier today I wanted to play the Sims 4. I clicked on the icon on my dock, but then realized Origin wasn't open. Usually it just opens Origin, has me log in, and then runs the game normally. But then I remembered My First Pet Stuff had come out recently, so there would probably be a game update, but because I had clicked on the Sims 4, it opened up before I could update my game. And after clicking off of the Sims 4, I didn't see any new updates, but I hadn't installed anything yet. And then at the home screen, when I clicked on the My First Pet Stuff Icon, because I wanted to look at the details. But I got a red message saying my game didn't meet the requirements to buy the pack. The only requirements listed were having the Sims 4 Base Game, having Cats and Dogs, which I do have, and your game having the most recent update. I know I meet three of the requirements, but I didn't see any update in Origin, and I can't figure out how I update my game now.

Comments

• ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited March 2018
    To update The Sims 4:

1. Click the Origin icon on your computer.
    2. When it opens, on the left side of the screen click "My Game Library".
    3. Click the picture of the The Sims 4 pack.
    4. Click the gear/settings icon directly beneath the oblong, orange Play button.
    5. In the menu that comes up, click "Update Game" (third down from the top).
    6. If your game needs to be updated, it will update now. If you're already up to date, it will tell you that.

If Origin needs to be updated, when you click on the Origin icon on your computer, it will give you the option to update Origin.

• BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
  • jamiehoodjamiehood Posts: 126 Member
    @ClassicalSim @BluebellFlora Thank you both, I've gotten it all sorted out now thanks to your help!