Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IF you bought My First Pet Stuff...

124...Next

Comments

• jyunjyun Posts: 2 New Member
    When I bought Cats & Dogs my first comment to my bestie was: "Man, no hamsters!?" - so yeah, when My First Pet Stuff got released I couldn't resist. This is neither the worst nor the best stuff pack, but I definitely need it in my game. ;) The one thing that really disappointed me was the round aquarium table, I was super excited for it and wanted to place the prettiest fishes in it... oh, but you can't.

Such a missed opportunity. It's still a pretty table but I agree with everyone else who said the lack of interaction is unsatisfying.
    Everything else was okay. Yeah, all of this should have already been in C&D, but my guess would be that this is why they dropped the price for the EP so early and 30€ for the complete package (C&D and MFPS) is an okay price for me.

But I really wish they'd patch the aquarium table so we can add fish to it. ;)
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I love the game, but I don't have Cats and Dogs, so now my hamster is dying and I have no vet clinic to help him. :(
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I don't have it yet, I'm just looking to see if people like it. I'm a bit of a legacy-player, or I would be if I had the patience to get through enough life-stages.
    funny-gifs20.gif

> @Rouenpucelle said:
    > I love the game, but I don't have Cats and Dogs, so now my hamster is dying and I have no vet clinic to help him. :(

How wrong I was! I just bought him an anti-aging treat on the computer. :smiley:
    I have a Sim who is always low on Fun. Nothing seems to satisfy her. But playing with Hammy always makes her happy!
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited April 2019
    I love it for adding more CAS and BB for toddlers and kids. It gives me even more options for decorating their bedrooms and its great. The critters are nice to have as well and I like giving them to my kids. I do wish they came in more colors though. I also love the extra pet clothes it added. They're super cute.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I love it for adding more CAS and BB for toddlers and kids. It gives me even more options for decorating their bedrooms and its great. The critters are nice to have as well and I like giving them to my kids. I do wish they came in more colors though. I also love the extra pet clothes it added. They're super cute.

Yes, I love the stuff for the kids and tots, too - I almost always use something from the pack when decorating their rooms.

I do hope that they'll fix the hamster cage in the next patch - I'm rather surprised that one hasn't got a hot fix, since it's actually crashing the game. I so wanted to use it for my current kid.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks I know the thread has been inactive for a while, but considering there is clearly still discussion on the subject I'm going to leave the thread open for now :smile: carry on!
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    I got it on sale!

It's not that bad, having small animals is a neat option. The fact that it came with another way for sims to die is really amusing.
    Also, I have a weakness for objects with random aquariums stuck inside them, so I like that one table too.

I definitely get how people may feel ripped off by it, though.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    EpicSims wrote: »
    I just really wonder if you, who bought this latestest stuff pack, are truly content with it and think it’s worth $10. If you don’t mind, please tell me some reasons why.

Yes I'm satisfied with it. It comes with a beautiful aquarium table and it also comes with more clothing for pets including a holiday clothing for your pets. If it wasn't for this pack your dogs and cats wouldn't be able to have holiday clothing. I also like the assortment of outfits and sweaters that it throws in for cats and dogs. The additional accesorries like more litterboxes,cat beds etc helps as well.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    I finally got it. It was the only SP left and I needed one for the Build a Bundle. Taking the "matter of principle" out of the equation, I think I might be happier with MFPS than with Strangerville.

Content-wise, it's not a bad pack. I like the Sims' clothing, pet jammies, pet doors, window blinds and the loveseat that has the elongated dog/cat on the cushions. I'm sure there might be a few more items that I can't think of at the moment.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I like it quite a bit. The additional CAS is quite cute (I do like the one piece pajama suits for toddlers/kids) and the small animals are fun. I especially like that children can study the rodent and it counts as the daily homework; nice break from the dreaded workbook. Also taking care of the small animals (feeding, cleaning the cage) is a good way to have children and teens learn Responsibility if you have Parenthood installed. And I do like the round coffee table -- it fits in a variety of furnishing styles. I can see where folks who don't have Cats & Dogs would be a bit upset about the dog and cat items being included because essentially they're paying for content they can't use, but I don't think this is the start of a "DLC for DLC" trend, nor do I think they held back content from C&D to stick in this pack.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I like the pack a lot but I wish they would un-bug the hamstercage. Got that bug in an earlier save and had to scrap it.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I like the pack a lot but I wish they would un-bug the hamstercage. Got that bug in an earlier save and had to scrap it.

If it's the one that caused game freeze I think that did get fixed in the April patch; I'd say go into the game in Manage Lots mode, enter the house where the hamster cage is and delete it, then exit and go into Live Mode and buy the cage again.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    It's one of my favorite packs and I rarely play with the pet LOL. I love the table, I love the desk for kids, and a lot of the other stuff that I am constantly using in Cas and build mode. I probably use this pack more than most others
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

If it's the one that caused game freeze I think that did get fixed in the April patch; I'd say go into the game in Manage Lots mode, enter the house where the hamster cage is and delete it, then exit and go into Live Mode and buy the cage again.

Thank you :) sorry for late reply, I do not always get a notification when someone replies to a post.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I like it. I love the cute furniture and small pets. Rodent antics and the notifications about them are hilarious.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I'll start off by saying it's one of my most used packs in terms of BB, the pack does come with some very nice objects, the window shades, the modern pet door, the new couches (in the right swatches), the rodents themselves I also enjoy. CAS however... I'm not a fan of the hair we got in this pack, I'm not a fan of all the new recolours either, I would've loved to see 1 or 2 new CAS assets than 30 new recolours of items we already have, I feel like CAS could've been better if the focus of the CAS assets was for toddlers and children and not so much on adults and pets. I feel like if My First Pet Stuff was a stand alone pack it could've been so much better.