Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Dollars

How in the world do you ever get enough of the dollars to buy things? It seems like a lot of the furniture costs those dollars and unless I purchase some with real money, I can't really afford anything in game. I want to unlock the newer careers, but I only have 65 dollars and it costs 175 for each building. I can only gain 1-3 per quest/tasks and it's going to take forever to do anything at this pace.

How have you moved ahead without spending actual money?

Comments

• filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Well there is Simoleons and then there is SimCash.

From my experience playing you earn Simoleons on quite a regular basis while SimCash is the harder to earn currency within the game. SimCash can be purchased with real money while Simoleons can be purchased with SimCash.

As for unlocking new buildings for careers, in my game at the Market Square the price of buildings go up each time you unlock a new career building, before unlocking the Fashion Studio each building showed it cost 175 Simoleons to unlock, and after unlocking the building the prices of the other buildings went up but they're still being sold with Simoleons.

Perhaps you're getting the two different currencies confused with one another?
  • CoreyblakeCoreyblake Posts: 118 Member
    These games are meant to be paid for with the extras as a minimal boost.
    It can be played for free though. It however will be a different experience between a free user and a paid user.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Yeah, but the cost comparison is outrageous and doesn't seem worth the value. I mean these are the same sets that are in ts4 and they cost $15-$20 for a tiny set that cost that much plus extra functionality in the main game. So just because I know how much those cost, I'm totally unwilling to pay those prices.

So basically, it'll take 3 years to unlock anything. Sounds like this just isn't the game for me.
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Yeah, but the cost comparison is outrageous and doesn't seem worth the value. I mean these are the same sets that are in ts4 and they cost $15-$20 for a tiny set that cost that much plus extra functionality in the main game. So just because I know how much those cost, I'm totally unwilling to pay those prices.

So basically, it'll take 3 years to unlock anything. Sounds like this just isn't the game for me.

If your not willing to pay anything, you are probably right.
  • HardernaterHardernater Posts: 65 Member
    i unlocked every single B&B items in the game and it only took 10 months, well they change a lot of things so. it might take longer

118n437.jpg

Admin of The Sims™ Mobile Community at Facebook

The Sims Mobile : Hard2Describe / HYC9F67

Coreyblake wrote: »
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

If your not willing to pay anything, you are probably right.

Well I am willing to pay a little, but the price per object is kind of outrageous. I can get a whole stuff pack for $10 for the real game. And here they want $20 for about 6-8 objects. That's highway robbery!
    i unlocked every single B&B items in the game and it only took 10 months, well they change a lot of things so. it might take longer

I'm going to keep playing and see how far I can go before it gets redundant and boring. So far it's just like never-ending working long shifts just to try and afford the daily task of buying furniture. I'm very nearly over it.
  • ZeoXZeoX Posts: 43 Member
    yes this game stuffs, its quite expensive.
  • MsMeek82MsMeek82 Posts: 3 New Member
    The prices do seem outrageous. All I've done so far is buy the $4.99 pack they had. But I'm thinking about just buying the actual game on my fiances ps4
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm buying nothing with real money. EA can miss me with that. I simply play on my way to work or home. Mostly I leave the game to play itself. Before I go to sleep I have my Sims work a long shift, they're done when I wake up. At this rate it's going to take years to acquire enough simelons. I can't even buy a toddler bed
    Ha...yeah, I freaked out when I saw the price of the toddler bed. Like for real, EA?

For what it's worth, you don't even need furniture unless you want to always complete the tasks/quests. The sims only gain anything from the toilet, sink, and bed that I've noticed...the rest is basically there for show. Pretty pointless.

I can barely express my disappointment with this game. And I can't control my kids. What the heck?
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    you can't control the kids either? yeah that is a huge disappointment. i was eagerly awaiting the toddler to age up since i can't control him. and yeah i was like screw that toddler bed for 140 sim bucks. nope. I'll work on getting the kid bed, but since i can't control the kid i probably won't even bother, because he's not going to use it, like i see the toddler barely using the toy box. i'm seeing that this game is more about young adults. who can't even interact unless you tell them to do so. i've been enjoying it for what little time i play. i was hoping for a more similar experience to the computer game since they are sharing the same resources but i can see clearly that isn't happening.
    And apparently there is no teen in the game either. I have no clue what to do with this sim who looks nothing like that kid and he's just hanging around the house. I suppose I would have to evict one of the others, but that won't happen since they're making a lot of money. But then it doesn't matter because after a few things are unlocked, everything costs those simbucks. (I bought some to unlock the other two sims thinking I could use them to make more money...and now the money buys nothing.)

Let me show you what my cute little kid turned into:

My worker bees and the two kids:
    VTvqxJI.png

What the little boy grew into today:
    0S1GAN5.png
  • WhiteRoses1WhiteRoses1 Posts: 4 New Member
    so after the toddler age is there like a pre-teen age? because the boy in your portrait looks bigger than a toddler. i don’t wanna age my toddler if it will turn into a full ugly adult
    Yes. There is baby, toddler, child, ugly adult you can't kick out. Or maybe that is teen, but gray hair?
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I need more to add my friend's girl