Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I quit playing because... is it fixed?

I really wanted to like TS4. Got it last year and bought one EP for it. I quit playing because I found a bug in which my families that I weren’t playing aged up and the mom’s when pregnant wouldn’t age with their husband. After a couple of pregnancies, there was way more difference in their ages than I liked. After a number of babies were born and auto-named in families I wasn’t playing, I quit after reporting these issues numerous times on the tech forums and never once getting a response.

So have these issues been fixed yet?

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited March 2018
    These aren't bugs, they're intentional game design, so I wouldn't wait around for a "fix". Mods would be the only solution to this.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    You can turn this off in the option menu. The only thing that doesn't change is that a pregnant Sim will get their baby even if you don't play them. But you can change the name in CAS.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    garapoes wrote: »
    You can turn this off in the option menu. The only thing that doesn't change is that a pregnant Sim will get their baby even if you don't play them. But you can change the name in CAS.

There's an option to resume aging during pregnancies? I might just be blind but, I've never seen it :*
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I never really got why pregnancies stop aging in this game. Sims 3 just kept the mom from aging into an elder if she's supposed to age while pregnant. Sims 2 prevented women close to old age from getting pregnant altogether. Why can't TS4 just do the same?

I don't think the lesson we want to be teaching kids is that getting pregnant several times keeps you young.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    garapoes wrote: »

There's an option to resume aging during pregnancies? I might just be blind but, I've never seen it :*

She also mentions families aging up when not played and that can be solved with setting aging to active household only. I always play the family until the baby is born, because I want to be there when it happens.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2018
    @Rhiannon58

You can in the game play settings turn off auto aging for your unplayed sims. The game allows you to:
    • Auto age all Sims
    • Auto age only unplayed sims
    • Auto age only played Sims
    • Turn off aging for all sims

Just go into the icon on the top right corner of your screen that looks like this ...

Go into game options then select gameplay, you can adjust the lifespan from long, normal, or short and by selecting yes on auto age played Sims and leaving auto aging checked for unplayed you will have the first option in my list. By Selecting no for auto age played Sims but leaving auto aging checked for unplayed sims you will get the second option. By Selecting yes to auto aging played Sims and unchecking auto age unplayed only Sims you are playing will age.

Pregnant Sims as Cyrus said however do not age during pregnancy and so you would need a mod to change that.I

To turn off aging entirely it's no to auto aging played sims and remove the check from auto aging unplayed sims.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Keep in mind as well that you don't need to wait till a Sims has naturally reached their aging-up day to age them up. When the time feels right to you, you can age up a Sims with a birthday.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    As others have said, you can edit if sims in and out of your current household age through the options menu. You can bake a cake and add candles to it then have the sim you want to age blow out the candles if you want to age them up early. It is not a bug.
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Yep, that's how I would "fix" this myself. Say the wife was preggo, and the husband aged up, but she didn't. As soon as she had the baby, I would manually age her up with a cake and probably a party. The largest amount she would be younger than him would be three days. I would most likely do the cake and party even if she was going to age up autonomously, to keep her from being Sad, so it really isn't any more work to do it manually.