Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Come on! I want to educate my sims!

To be honest, I so badly want a university campus expansion pack rather than seasons. I can understand some of my sims can jump right into working, but I hope the others receive some advance education, aka university or college education. Not to mention a wonderful campus life for my adorable sims, which I think is more important and more fun :) Sims shouldn’t be deprived of a precious univ life.
No sims left behind!

Along with my wish for a university pack, which was I think a bit vague without specific ideas, I’d like to list some of the items and features that I believe can be associated, hence hopefully included, in the university/college pack. PLEASE!

- dorms which we can build from scratch
- a dorm room door that sims can claim
- Spiral staircase
- a dorm manager NPC (I don’t know what to call those who check students presence at night...and do others things to take care of dorm students)
- multicultural campus events and “booths” for the events
(As an extension of this wishful thought, I hope that sims can arrange one of those events and stand at the booth to encourage people to donate them, to sell stuff or to secure money... etc..)
- a univ rock band jamming session : electric guitar, bass, drum, and a keyboard(from City living)
- a univ mascot
- university tour for highschool students
- Bunk beds
- pool table
- Table tennis
- Air hockey table
- wall shower head
- Urinals
- bathroom stalls
- several Contests only students can take part in and awards

I understand there are also plenty of other wonderful and even better ideas for the univ-themed pack, but

God, if you are there, please let those be happening soon.

Comments

• Options
    ShiroAraiShiroArai Posts: 40 Member
    I think this is an awesome idea. I loved the university expansion from TS2 and TS3, I think it'd be a great addition to TS4. There's no place to go but up! (We can hope!)
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I totally agree with you. I would be far more interested in a university pack of some sort! I used to love sending my Sims off to university. I get bored of the weather effects pretty fast.
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    ShiroAraiShiroArai Posts: 40 Member
    I'd love if we could get both, that way like in the Sims 2 or Sims 3(I for the life of me can't recall which because I played both titles for years.) your sim could come home for the holidays as long as you had the seasons expansion and the related holiday pack installed. It added a little more realism since in real life you can visit your family during various holidays, as well as school starting during a certain season.

I'm still all for a University pack first though, it'd just be nice to get both to me at least.
  • Options
    AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    I still want seasons over university but I would love to see all these ideas! It would be great if we could join them when they go to class as in the Get To School mod! (Or as in GTW itself)
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Uni has always been on the top of my list. I have a group of 4 teen friends I made in 2014 (!!!!!) that I haven't aged up yet because I want them to go to university together.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I just don’t see the benefit of University here. There is already a reward trait that gives your sim a boost to their career so they start a few levels ahead. Why go through the trouble of sending Sims to college?

If they added it, I’d need something new, can’t even think of what it would be. Just something that would make sending Sims to University worthwhile because right now I’m not seeing the point except for people who want it just to say they have it.
  • Options
    sillafoxsillafox Posts: 63 Member
    These ideas are wonderfull!
    sW8E5XUIFFv4lyszgJwTWI5jpMGzpGIKfPLmtfVtGYM?preserve_transparency=1&size=1280x960&size_mode=3
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I have aged all my YA sims down to toddlers and have been playing out their back stories.
    My game stops when they all become teens because I want them all to have a University experience.
    So yeah, Uni is more important than Seasons to me, as much as I do want Seasons.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I just don’t see the benefit of University here. There is already a reward trait that gives your sim a boost to their career so they start a few levels ahead. Why go through the trouble of sending Sims to college?

If they added it, I’d need something new, can’t even think of what it would be. Just something that would make sending Sims to University worthwhile because right now I’m not seeing the point except for people who want it just to say they have it.

I don't see University as trouble, I see it as fun and enjoyable and I will never use that reward trait.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    University, yes! Definatly something I would love for my Sims. But as a middle aged woman who just finished her uni education past the big four-oh, I'd also like the ability to send my older Sims, like the adults and elders to uni too. Like in rl.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited March 2018
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    University, yes! Definatly something I would love for my Sims. But as a middle aged woman who just finished her uni education past the big four-oh, I'd also like the ability to send my older Sims, like the adults and elders to uni too. Like in rl.

The Sims 3 Uni allowed that, and you could also send your sims home between semesters.
    I hope they will keep those for TS4.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »

Wow, I love your fantastic idea. It’s so true that anyone can go to univ or college as long as they have a desire to learn. University is not only for YA sims, indeed!
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I want University more also. I am not counting on seeing it this year though. I think winter is coming ;). I'll enjoy Seasons but yeah.. University is what I'm waiting for.

I'm hoping for a lot of what the OP mentioned. I want dorms and a lot of how it was in Sims 2 only updated. I don't want the tedious skilling though, uggh. Hopefully you can prepare your sim as a teen and all they will need to do is their college work. Study, go to class and go do things! Also add in skilling in new and interactive ways. I'd also love if they implemented a way your sim could live at home and still go to Uni, and yes a way for adults to go to Uni... or even night school. I don't really care if they add online classes, mostly because it won't add much to the game-play. I'd expect it to come though if they added other ways our sims can pursue a higher education.
    I'm hoping the most for a way to go with your sim into the classroom. Crossing my fingers for that.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    I would love idea of more than one school to chose from, an option to stay home, or even online schooling.
  • Options
    KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    edited March 2018
    giphy.gif
    I want both.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I wouldn't mind Sims being able to take online classes or something at least. I'm not terribly interested in Uni stuff but I can see where additional education stuff could come in handy. :)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    VanityHighVanityHigh Posts: 1,300 Member
    I’d love a university pack, it’s always been one of my favourites! I have a save file where I’ve turned all of newcrest into a university campus/boarding school with dorms and classes that focus on specific skills etc
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited March 2018
    I want University really really bad! I'm really hoping we get it by end of next year.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    KJB wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    I want both.

Love the gif. I would use seasons more with my gameplay but I would love a University pack.
  • Options
    EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    VanityHigh wrote: »
    I’d love a university pack, it’s always been one of my favourites! I have a save file where I’ve turned all of newcrest into a university campus/boarding school with dorms and classes that focus on specific skills etc

Hahaha aren’t you one very well-prepared simmer!
    I think if the pack’s out, there will possibly be an addition of a whole new different world for university or college.
  • Options
    KininaKinina Posts: 124 Member
    I agree! We need University. Young Adults have no purpose right now.