Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring Fling Homemade Gift Exchange ~ CLOSED

Comments

• JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited March 2018
    @Ciane I used to do that, but then it was pointed out that sims with maxed out handiness get a discount on build/buy so I usually have the lot owned by my tester sim, even if it will eventually be a community lot. I usually send her off the lot and just have her come back to upgrade items then leave again while I take pictures.

I hope you all have a lovely Easter.

Prissy, what does happen if you bite the head off first? I can't remember the last time I had a chocolate bunny.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Yes, sims who've maxed handiness or sims in the architect profession can let you build cheaper right away and of course upgrade things a lot safer and quicker; but I kind of like making my sims from scratch and letting them build up their handiness as they work too. If I play for a sim week, then the house will depreciate down to the same point eventually. Usually three days of simming will be significantly cheaper and I am happy with the house by then. :smiley:
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    @suzses - Ummmm... Ya know, I usually ended up devouring those (the ears) if I bit the head off right away. LOL

@Jessabeans - Good question! I can't remember, either. LOL I was just always told not to do that. :p
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    So.... I just spoke to Addy in a PM, and I deeply regret to have to do this to y'all.

I have to bow out of this gift exchange. Real life decided to kick me in the but.t today. Earlier today, I was diagnosed with Lymphoma Cancer. YES - I have the big C.

To MY Buddy -- I am sooooo sorry to have to leave you without a gift. I am sure that Addy will try and do something for you.

To Whoever Has ME -- Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure will be alright with Addy.

As Addy said in her PM - to which I totally agree with - even though our game IS a stress reducer, I am having a hard time trying to wrap my brain around anything right now. Please know, that I will miss all of you. I can't say that I'll be in the background, lurking. But I do know that I will NOT let this B S beat me. I do know that I have to try and relax and keep my sanity.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Big hugs and prayers coming your way @MsPrissy88 . I know you are strong and determined, and I don't believe for a minute this thing has a chance of winning out over you.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    I do things similarly to the way Ciane does; I build and complete the build before I ever move a Sim in for testing. The empty image from saving from edit town mode doesn't bother me; I'm used to it, and I even look for those saves when I know I'm working on a game that's just builds. I've never had a problem with it; in fact, Saves are faster, and the save loads more quickly, because there aren't any relationships or anything between any of the Sims in the town, yet.

I do my CASting as I go, though. I wouldn't be able to tell if something is going to look right, if it's not CASted properly. I think it's because I'm more technical than artistic, so I can't see things so easily ahead of time. I can definitely see why Ciane does it her way, though; the more often you enter CASt, the more your memory loads up, and eventually it can crash if you don't exit after a few hours. Has to do with memory leaks in the programming; nothing we players can do about it.
    I am very sorry to hear that @MsPrissy88. You are right, while the game can be stress relief when being handed something so hard to wrap your head around it really is best to clear away any distractions and only return to them as it make sense to.

When dealing with something so huge, try your best to only think of right now, not what ifs. It can help it feel less overwhelming to just find something positive to focus on for right now, and approach each step only when you need to. I'll keep you in my thoughts and hope for the best for you. Hugs, take care!
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited March 2018
    @MsPrissy88 I am so very sorry to hear about the big "c" I will sending healing thoughts your way.

To My Unknown Buddy!

I have a nice notebook full of my ideas (does anyone else go ol'school and brainstorm on pen and paper or do you do it all on your computer??)

Also, I have the start of my story ... Anyone who knows me knows I have to do a story with my gift.

When I read your letter I seen some big challenges but I think I am up to the task of making at least one of them happen! In the meantime here is so me Easter Treats while you work!

2eaf4832-b8d6-4281-9667-74f2c12980a1.jpg
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @MsPrissy88: Oh no! :cry: Oh, I'm so, so sorry! I hope you're able to fight it, I really do. The world is a better place with you in it.

I'm giving you a big virtual hug, because I don't know what else to do.
    THANK YOU EVERYONE for your kind words, prayers and thoughts. I love you all.

@MiaSkywalker - Awwwww {{hugs}} thank you <3
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Hello :)
    Sending positive healing vibes and peace of mind to @MsPrissy88

I will be filling in for her and gifting the person she was assigned.
    The person assigned to gift Prissy will continue in this capacity.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @MsPrissy88 - That has got to be the hardest news ever! I do believe your body has the ability to heal itself when not overwhelmed with toxins and stress and negative thinking. Give yourself lots of rest and positive vibes. Read and watch lots of inspirational stories and articles. And, enjoy lots of fresh fruit and veggies, whole or juiced. Sending you lots of calm, peaceful, happy thoughts.
    Hello :)
    Also, sending positive healing vibes and peace of mind to @Morakai

Morakai has stepped down due to medical reasons.
    Mia and I are currently working on sorting out the gifting bit.
    Aw, I'm so sorry to hear you're having troubles, too, @Morakai . Sending well wishes and prayers your way as well.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    @MsPrissy88 I am very sorry to hear this Prissy, I know you are a very strong person and will kick the big C into submission. You will be in my thoughts and prayers, I hope you will stick around for the gifting as you always make these more fun.
    Siggy_4.jpg
    I'm sorry to hear that @Morakai. I completely understand how things that should be enjoyable can get overwhelming when dealing with an unpredictable illness. I hope that you are feeling better soon, and that you'll stop back by anyway. Take care!
  • DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    edited April 2018
    Hope and strength to both @MsPrissy88 @Morakai <3<3<3
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    Sending best wishes to both @MsPrissy88 and @Morakai, and hopes for you happiness and health.
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    @MsPrissy88 and @Morakai I've been away and just caught up on all the chatter. So sorry to hear of your sudden health issues. Wishing you both a speedy and complete recovery. Hugs to both of you.

I hope you will both be able to pop in from time to time.
    Oh buddy, I have been having sooo much fun making gifts for you. I hope when they're all finished and the gifting is done, you enjoy them even half as much as I have been enjoying making them.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    @suzses I mirror these sentiments! I hope my buddy loves what Ive been making... By the way... when you've spent the last 3 hours CASting... save! For the love of dog, save! I had to re-do 3 hours of work, but I managed it!
    Psst ... @DinoJr ... if you are fine with using mods, Nraas Saver is wonderful. Mine has been set up to remind me to save every half hour and rotates between four saves. Can tailor it to fit how often you wish to save as well as the number of saves to rotate between.
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited April 2018
    @ADWilson

I would like to check in today and report things are going just fine :) I'm doing some fun stuff and I hope my buddy will be happy.
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    I am checking in a bit early, just because I have a few doctors appointments and running around to do so I do not want to be late for another check in.

I am well into brain-storming for my buddy and feel things are progressing at a nice pace. Next few days are a bit busy for me but this coming weekend should have some nice downtime to play and create.
    This check-in date was totally off my radar, so I'm glad some of you are reporting in early. Consider me checked in, too, although I guess I kind of did it all unawares earlier today anyway.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top