Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring Fling Homemade Gift Exchange ~ CLOSED

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Interesting. I have never heard of cruck framing before.
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited April 2018
    Goooooood Morning @DinoJr !!

Well ... this is it ! I have everything ready to go. I just want to REMIND YOU again, that IF you don't have any of the store items I had used in your gift ... SPEAK UP MAAAAN!!!! lol Nooooooooo. Those are your EXTRA gifts!! ((*some of them were REcolored to fit their backstory))

O - k. Let's get started .....

First off, I want to direct your attention to YOUR email !! Whatever email that was that you signed up with for the Sims 3. There, you will find a link to DOWNLOAD all these wonderful gifts!!!

For Deidre --
    41696679052_226968f880_m.jpg41019849124_4625d6915c_m.jpg41019849204_a18c022066_m.jpg41019848904_b1fd4933b7_m.jpg41019848954_1a4cb42e22_m.jpg41737237221_bc6f7199d9_m.jpg41737236891_e85f863fc1_m.jpg

For Cody --
    41737219691_a858bc075b_m.jpg39929704200_e34945e120_m.jpg41696660392_11b57a9e08_m.jpg41737219581_4996c6f2b2_m.jpg41019834694_622faca885_m.jpg

And just because I'm "nice" .... lmao .... this is a little something extra for Cody. (( no - I didn't use this particular item when I created him. this is a little extra FOR YOU! ))

41737257951_9625e997d8_m.jpg

Because... HOW can you wear a PJ top, without its bottoms?!

OK!!! Now that you're sitting in a daze ... a happy one, I'm sure ... let me FULLY introduce you to your sims....

First up, is the lovely, DEIDRE SINCLAIR
    26858697737_8c7feb8f29_m.jpg

A quirky girl who loves everything Goth. She never pays any attention to the sneers or comments people say about her appearance or demeanor. She has a hard shell about her; having been on her own since she was barely a teen. The life of crime is all she knows. If the right man ever came around, would he know how to tame her and make her a lady?

(astrological sign) Cancer

(traits) Kleptomaniac, Brooding, Photographer's Eye, Supernatural Skeptic & Computer Whiz

(loves) Purple, Cheesesteak & Dark Wave music

(lifetime wish) She wants to be the Emperor of Evil

*created using The Sims 3 base and Supernatural

Download link -- https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9212025

Next, we have the handsome, CODY DOYLE
    26858697767_04bb9d9fe5_m.jpg

Mr "rich kid from the other side of the tracks", Cody never wanted for anything. Ever since he was a little boy, his parents always gave him everything. Now as a young man, Cody still expects the finer things in life. Don't be surprised if you ever see a limousine parked out front of his house. A playboy til the day he dies, Cody never sees himself getting "hitched". But that could change if he met the right girl.

(astrological sign) Pisces ((**They ARE compatible! You should have NO trouble getting them together))

(traits) Great Kisser, Charismatic, Natural Cook, Neat & Flirty

(loves) Steak, Aqua & Classical Music

(lifetime wish) he wants to be Surrounded by Family ((*now, I know you had said that you don't like to play with a HUGE household. you don't "have to" follow his wish to have that many kids.))

*created using The Sims 3 base and Ambitions

Download link -- https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9212026

**Your sims are (obviously) uploaded individually. HOWEVER!! I also uploaded them together -- should you want to "get them together right away".

OPPOSITES ATTRACT

39923132220_159035a1ee_b.jpg

Cody Doyle and Deidre Sinclair are total opposites! One love classical music, the other dark and murky. One knows
    the joy of having, the other taking. Will these 2 somehow meet in the middle and be able to live harmoniously?

Download link -- https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9212048

To see their outfits, please click THIS link -- https://flic.kr/s/aHsmgRS6EV

I do hope you will enjoy your new sims. HAVE FUN!!
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Good Morning :)
    Day 2 of Gifting is already in full swing. SIMTASTIC!

Will be back later to update and compliment.
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Whew!!!! *wipes brow*

That was an interesting, frantic, morning for me! I have *just enough* time to hurry and get dressed before my cousin gets here, so we can go out for breakfast. (( lol ))

Any way.... I hope EVERYONE has a fantastic day, and I will wait until the end to start commenting, and wREC'ing -- and stealing... uh - I mean, DOWN LOADING -- gifts. From what I have seen SO FAR.... y'all outdid yourselves. ::gives everyone a round of applause::

SEE Y'ALL LATER!!!!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    @MsPrissy88 - I love your presentation. The heart pic is my fav! He certainly has some great traits that any gal would love to have in a guy and she's just edgy enough to keep his interest, I think!

I will be in and out today. I have a luncheon and an occupational therapy visit today, but I look forward to seeing more fantastic gifts!

• KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Gosh, I am so far behind!! I wish I had time to comment on each and every gift so far but I just haven't the time. I did give everyone a big ol' awesome and a fave and rec. I need to send some friend requests, so many new people this time.

I promise to look at each gift more closely when I get back from vacation.

I still have something to post later today. I'll be back.

• DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    @MsPrissy88

Oh they are adorable! And thank you SO much for the extra store content! Downloaded it immediately :-D

These two are actually perfect, not only in that I was looking at doing one of those opposites attract challenges, but also a number of my own sims are based on comic book characters and These two have an amazing Green Arrow+The Huntress vibe! I love it!, thank you!!!!
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited April 2018
    I was about to set up today's gift post but first I wanted to say thanks to everyone for the lovely things you said about the farm. You are so kind, I've really been impressed with not only the creativity of everyone with this exchange but the kindness and compassion.

Yeah Ciane, I love that little jam making stove (I usually use a mod but I took it out until I finished the farm, I missed the jam varieties) but it was a treat to stock the pantry and playtest the farm.

The tractor is pretty easy to use Suzses, it will just take two passes to get everything with the amount of plants in the garden. I'm so happy you like it.

Kaytay, I used a mod to remove the rock stencil on the stove hood, but it still has a little bit of a rock texture so that's why I used that thick tile to obscure the pattern a little. I really love that hood, I wish they had included a plain version so it was more versatile.

I really like the playhouse area too, for those who were wondering yes it's usable inside. It's great for having more toys outside for child sims since there isn't a lot of floor space in small houses.

It's hard to take pictures inside, but here's the birdseye.
    tumblr_p7tdwdLIUD1x95scjo1_1280.jpg

Anyway, I should start uploading pictures and the gift before my little one's lunchtime is over.
    @ciane ~ Truly Tudorish is terrific! Comfortable furnishings and a soothing palette will have Sims feeling happy and relaxed at they go about their daily lives.
    @suzses ~ Fowler’s Roost is fabulous! Quaint and cozy with all the essentials easily located within arm’s reach. “Going Medieval” has never looked more marvelous and appealing than what is seen in your builds (and Mia’s, too!).
    @MsPrissy88 ~ Deidre will certainly keep Doyle on his toes! Or will he be taming some of her wildness? Either way, these two are sure to be setting sparks as they sort out differences and discover similarities.
    All of these gorgeous gifts have been checked and are CC Free.
  • DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    @fleshjenn
    gift #2 (of 3)

So if you read Kaelyns profile, it mentions that she has inherited a shabby farmhouse.... Well, here it is!
    Its a very quaint, outdated, 70's style farm house, with small garden and tool-shed. 2 bedroom, 1 and a half bath, with a focus on the dining room, where the old farming family spent the most together time, eating meals and discussing their day. Room in this house for two parents, and two children.

House3.jpg

Floorplan-
    First Floor
    Layout1.jpg

Second Floor
    Layout3.jpg

Kaelyn takes the tour

House1.jpg
    House2.jpg

Oh this garden... needs a LOT of TLC... good thing Kaelyn is up for it!
    House4.jpg

First look inside...
    House5.jpg
    House6.jpg

The master bedroom
    House7.jpg

Oh, the cute kitchen... Still needs a lot of upgrading!
    House8.jpg

Dining Area... love the fireplace and spiral stairs... those are definitely staying!
    House10.jpg
    House9.jpg

Kaelyn, turn around and have a look back at the entry way and sitting area....
    House11.jpg

Whats upstairs?
    House12.jpg
    House13.jpg
    Its going to take a lot of work to turn this shabby farmhouse into Kaelyns dream... good thing shes got help!!!

The download link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9212157

To my buddy Morakai. Gift 2 of 2
    Hello again @Morakai!! I have another gift for you.

This is a more contemporary home for your 100 babies. This house is two stories with a small tower that holds the magical items.

The first floor has the usual kitchen, dining room, formal living room, a study and the master bedroom with the nursery attached. You mentioned that the Fairytale sets were your favorite so I tried to incorporate as many of those items as I could.

Upstairs you will find the kids rooms with bunk beds, a family/game room with lots of fun stuff to do. Also there is the largest bathroom I have ever built. It should accommodate a large family just fine.

The magic items are in the two level tower, I tried to keep the gem cutting machine as far away as possible.

So here is
    Morakai Estate
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9212162

40693664795_3d78ec2cd4_z.jpg
    First floor birds eye views

The master bedroom and nursery are to the right of the entry
    39778192800_da38c8d718_z.jpg

The entry, dining room and formal living room
    39778192500_1096c258c0_z.jpg

The study, kitchen and screen porch
    41545188042_c790d58d49_z.jpg

On the second floor we have
    Girls on the left, boys on the right

39778191860_8ea6179d27_z.jpg
    39778191540_4ce209ef85_z.jpg
    41545186412_ce467bc8c0_z.jpg

A great big family room
    39778189990_fd7a184fbf_z.jpg

And a giant bathroom
    40875009494_bfb7315d0f_z.jpg

To see more, click here --> https://www.flickr.com/photos/154029363@N06/albums/72157695159013374/with/40875009494/

I really had fun making these gifts for you.
    And now I have a second post today

@Catdog123

I am pleased to be the second member of the Catdog Gift Brigade! This gift 2 of 4

I, as you, love commercial lots that have a variety of things to do in the same place. Who wants to run all over town to buy or read a book or get something to eat or simply spend some time outdoors? So I came up with one lot that covers all three things at once.

I present The Ink Nook - A book store where you can read or buy books (ink), have a coffee (sometimes it looks like ink) or watch the stars as the sky turns to ink. See that, see how I worked ink into all three. :p Haha!

Anyways here it is three lots in one The Ink Nook
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9212160

27585778038_727d9bf707_h.jpg
    The Book Store
    40742690354_7a7ae0f06e_z.jpg
    40742685504_23c3c998ce_z.jpg

The Cafe
    40742689864_daeb3c96a1_h.jpg
    40742689864_daeb3c96a1_h.jpg

The Park
    40742683944_50ae12bc62_h.jpg

More to see here --> https://www.flickr.com/photos/154029363@N06/albums/72157693860438131/with/40742685504/
    **Note - I play tested this to make sure everything got cleaned up at the end of the day and it all worked fine in my game.
    @kgaff - My fav part is the outdoor seating and pretty landscaping at the Ink Nook. I love that big book window too! Great shape to your estate for the baby challenge and I love the the furnishings you chose. You've been super busy!
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @MsPrissy88 I imagine Deidre and Cody are going to be very interesting, great fun and probably a lot of trouble, too! LOL I think I will have to have them around one of my towns just to see what they stir up. Very nice, too, that Dino gets some great new clothes.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @DinoJr I love the farmhouse, and especially the tool shed. I also love that you were giving Kaelyn directions of where to look while she was taking the tour! LOL These two will certainly have their work cut out for them, but somehow I'm sure they're up to the task. It will be fun to see the transformation.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited April 2018
    It's Day 2 and This is my second gift for my buddy.

Dear @suzses,

So when I read over your buddy letter and saw that you were redoing Moonlight Falls, my first thought was "Hey I love redoing towns too..." anyway, my second thought was 'Oh! They made the area look like Washington State, contemporary style should work well there." So I thought I would help you along with your town makeover and gift you with my 'starter pack' of community lots. Basically anytime I redo a town I have a few community lots types that I make sure to have. I tried to stick the rustic and rustic contemporary style with these. I'm afraid I may have veered off a little into industrial with one but hopefully it will fit in with your vision of the town.

Today's lot is a Salon and Spa combination with a little cafe area. There is a spa rabbithole in the basement.

Vitality
    30x30 built at 336 Knott Street, Moonlight Falls.

tumblr_p7uw0bJ5fH1x95scjo10_r2_1280.jpg

Upstairs in the salon makeover mirror area and one tattoo station, it's themed to look like a clothing store for the makeover aspect of it. Also two restrooms.
    tumblr_p7uw0bJ5fH1x95scjo8_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p7uw0bJ5fH1x95scjo9_r1_1280.jpg

The ground floor has
    2 sauna rooms
    tumblr_p7uw0bJ5fH1x95scjo3_r1_1280.jpg
    Massage table room
    tumblr_p7uw0bJ5fH1x95scjo5_1280.jpg
    Reception Area
    tumblr_p7uw0bJ5fH1x95scjo6_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p7uw0bJ5fH1x95scjo4_1280.jpg
    Salon
    tumblr_p7uxe4HkON1x95scjo4_r1_1280.jpg
    and café
    tumblr_p7uw0bJ5fH1x95scjo2_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p7uxe4HkON1x95scjo2_r1_1280.jpg
    Outdoors is two hottubs, a pool and some additional showers
    tumblr_p7uw0bJ5fH1x95scjo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p7uw0bJ5fH1x95scjo7_1280.jpg
    Outdoor area bird's eye
    tumblr_p7uxe4HkON1x95scjo1_1280.jpg

I'm sorry the pictures are dark, I tried retaking them but they were dark again, the spa is brighter in game.
    Post edited by Jessabeans on
    Oh @Kgaff More wonderfulness from you today. More of your great architecture in Morakai Estate. Love the pale, cool brick color and the pop of yellow/red trees goes great with it. That is one huge bathroom, and I'm sure just what's needed under the circumstances. So, hmm, 100 babies and magic on the same property. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

The Ink Nook is beautiful, too. The purple-y color outside is very nice against the darker exterior. One of those cafe tables or a bench in the pretty little park would be a great place to spend a nice afternoon. I like the combination of bookstore and coffee shop. This is the kind of lot where I can see my sims spending time - well, I can see me spending time there, too. ;)

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    Wow, @Jessabeans - That is so awesome. I LOVE it! So many cool ideas for me to steal, ah borrow. You can have them back after all. I love the curtained massage area, the lamps that look like hair dryers, the dark wood contrast with the white, and that outdoor area!
    @DinoJr ~ While some might view this as shabby, those in the know see chic potential in this farm house. Thank goodness Kaelyn is a smart cookie who will soon have this “diamond in the rough” sparkling from the inside out!
    @Kgaff ~ Morakai Estate is elegant yet seriously kid-friendly! I was going to say enormous but … you fit all of this on a 40x40. WOW, that is skillfully done. Whether used for a 100 baby challenge or a large family, this home is sure to please the lucky Sims who live there.

The Ink Nook is aptly named! Sims will come from all over town seeking a cozy little nook where they can dream while reading the latest inked word. Even tykes have a cheery section to claim as their own. Clever.
    @Jessabeans ~ Sims will be truly pampered and feeling like refreshed royalty at Vitality! LOVE your attention to details in areas like the hair washing stations and receptionist area. I feel sorry for the staff because a café as luxurious as this will make it difficult for them to find any quiet times.
    @Jessabeans Oh, I love this, too! I like spas/salons together, and I don't think I have either yet in my Moonlight Falls redo, so it's perfect and will fit in great. I like the storefront look to it with all the large display type windows. The pool/hot tub area is so lovely. Love the pool shape, the mermaid in the fountain, the flowers in the water. I didn't know you could put flowers in hot tubs. I'm going to be doing that! I also really like the browns/whites inside, with all the little colorful touches coming via other things, like the clothing, paintings, plants, etc. Very pretty to me. The cafe is beautiful, too. I'd love to be in front of that fireplace some days. I really like the color you used for the stone.

Last night, I never did get a chance to look at the farm. I vowed not to get behind on commenting/recc'ing the gifts this time, and it turned out yesterday was a very busy day for that. I do have it downloaded, and I downloaded Vitality right away, too (oh yes, loving its name, too). I'm really looking forward to getting back to Moonlight Falls now. :)

Oh, and if you veer into industrial, that's more than OK, too, because I like it as well.

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top