Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Neighbourhood Talk: Season 2! 31/Jan/21

Comments

• AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Poor sexy Franny....confused and now somis Mae! She’s like what the heck? I thought...... :heart:
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I know you get a lot of deserved praise for details rooms and screenshots but there's something raw about the final scene inside of a simple stairwell.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited January 2019
    Mae looks so very young there in the harsh white light. When you think of it, she did it again with Franny. Flinged her arms around the neck of yet another stranger and started kissing him. She can't help herself. Well, I wouldn't be able to help myself either in her place, but I wonder why she keeps solving all problems / tense situations this way. If someone is going to get hurt by this fling or whatever it is, it is likely to be Franny.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    @AudreyFld lol! She's definitely confused!

@InfraGreen well, can't have any clutter distract from one of the key scenes (that everyone was waiting for! :P )
    that last scene was kind of a spur in the moment happening when writing, but it felt so right. This is not a happy kiss. And I found the harsh light and the cold room fits it quite well. You could also imagine a soft buzz from a broken headlight, and maybe a distinct rotten smell of old building. Okay I'm getting ahead again xD

@Maladi777 Not sure if one could call them still strangers, not that they know each other too much or for a long time, but the recent events have drawn them quite close already.
    And dang I have to write more Mae chapters xD
    @AudreyFld lol! She's definitely confused!

@InfraGreen well, can't have any clutter distract from one of the key scenes (that everyone was waiting for! :P )
    that last scene was kind of a spur in the moment happening when writing, but it felt so right. This is not a happy kiss. And I found the harsh light and the cold room fits it quite well. You could also imagine a soft buzz from a broken headlight, and maybe a distinct rotten smell of old building. Okay I'm getting ahead again xD

@Maladi777 Not sure if one could call them still strangers, not that they know each other too much or for a long time, but the recent events have drawn them quite close already.
    And dang I have to write more Mae chapters xD
    I’m all for more Mae and Franny chapters! <3

edited January 2019
    posted too early... :(
    fixed now.

@AudreyFld more as in, I need to write more from Mae's POV. She didn't get too many so far...

@kirivian @simscognito @TheYayToast @AudreyFld @InfraGreen and whoever's sticking around here occasionally, today starts coffee hour week in the Book Club for Neighbourhood Talk! Please drop by and leave a thought, just read, or participate in the discussion if you have a minute, also for the host @Maladi777 who put a lot of effort and made this gorgeous screenshot for it <3

CH-Monday-2.jpg
  • kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    @candycottonchu Still your devoted fan - you write it - I'll read it. <3
    I'd never done bookclub before so hope I didn't mess up.
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
    edited January 2019
    for all those that aren't on tumblr - here' some early years Deep Rift singles cd covers for you ;)
    [img]https://i.ibb.co/BND7npQ/🐸🐸🐸🐸.png[/img]
    July 1994 - You 🐸🐸🐸🐸

feet.png
    November 1994 - Slick

burn.png
    March 1995 - Burn

cover2.png
    August 1995 - Babydoll

may.png
    May 1996 - Blues in May
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Dang, I love the spot-on, potent 90's and 2000's album art feel. Especially Burn because it reminds me of the Load/Reload albums by Metallica but with KoRn's font.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    @InfraGreen OMG! That's why that font looked so familiar! :joy:
    I love those albums! You are so creative! <3
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Ok catching up. Please let me know if I'm missing any chapters as I know you don't always post the chapters linearly. But my thoughts in chapter 3.5.
    oh gosh. You had me on the edge of my seat here. I really hope Mae has this. :joy:
    edited January 2019
    Chapter 3.6
    urghh Tristan is so arrogant. :D I find it fascinating how Mae sort of plays to the sexist arrogance of these men for manipulation. She doesn't do it in a stereotypical way either. Sorry if that came off weird. I can't order my thoughts rn :D but boy does Tristan have this wrong!
    awww why did she pull away? :D nah. It was kinda awkward timing but mann. The moment we've been waiting for. XD
    Mae really likes her parties though :D
    @simscognito thank you for reading, and I'm glad you enjoyed. I also hope you're better.
    Ok catching up. Please let me know if I'm missing any chapters as I know you don't always post the chapters linearly. But my thoughts in chapter 3.5.
    oh gosh. You had me on the edge of my seat here. I really hope Mae has this. :joy:
    Honestly Idk if you missed any, but now I guess it doesn't matter anymore :) I'm glad this chapter was exciting xD
    Chapter 3.6
    urghh Tristan is so arrogant. :D I find it fascinating how Mae sort of plays to the sexist arrogance of these men for manipulation. She doesn't do it in a stereotypical way either. Sorry if that came off weird. I can't order my thoughts rn :D but boy does Tristan have this wrong!
    Okay I really don't understand what you mean about Mae xD only you don't seem to like Tristan :P he has his own reasons tho... everyone's guilty as long as proven otherwise!
    awww why did she pull away? :D nah. It was kinda awkward timing but mann. The moment we've been waiting for. XD
    So awkward! :D now the question is how tis will effect their relationship further.
    @simscognito thank you for reading, and I'm glad you enjoyed. I also hope you're better.
    Honestly Idk if you missed any, but now I guess it doesn't matter anymore :) I'm glad this chapter was exciting xD
    Chapter 3.6
    Okay I really don't understand what you mean about Mae xD only you don't seem to like Tristan :P he has his own reasons tho... everyone's guilty as long as proven otherwise!
    So awkward! :D now the question is how tis will effect their relationship further.

I don't know what I was trying to say about Mae either :joy: Sorry I had so many thoughts they kinda meshed together.
    @simscognito it's fine. it happens :D
    "Ewwww, now this was awkward!" Everyone said at the end of the last chapter, while it was exactly what everyone was hoping for for so long. Let's make it more awkward then, the writer thought. :smiley:

tumblr_inline_pmo6l2xqrk1qhz9r8_540.png

3.8. Mae West - Awkward
    I was reading the comments on the latest chapter and something occurred to me. It's nothing sea-changing though, just made few pieces fall into right place.
    I think it's different for Mae with Franny just because he's gay (I know: Duh!, but let me finish). She dropped her guard around him and didn't watch her emotions and he slowly got under her skin. She would have probably treated him the same way as other guys had she known from the start he is into women. She might not even have invited him to stay at her place if she wasn't convinced he poses no threat in terms of sexual assault. That would fit her typical way of thinking: He's gay, he's harmless. Who cares if he carries a whole arsenal of carving tools in the guitar case?
    heffners_orig.jpg
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I was reading the comments on the latest chapter and something occurred to me. It's nothing sea-changing though, just made few pieces fall into right place.
    I think it's different for Mae with Franny just because he's gay (I know: Duh!, but let me finish). She dropped her guard around him and didn't watch her emotions and he slowly got under her skin. She would have probably treated him the same way as other guys had she known from the start he is into women. She might not even have invited him to stay at her place if she wasn't convinced he poses no threat in terms of sexual assault. That would fit her typical way of thinking: He's gay, he's harmless. Who cares if he carries a whole arsenal of carving tools in the guitar case?
    This is so true. She became a good friend and began to have feelings for him because he wasn’t a threat!
    edited February 2019
    @Maladi777 maybe not worldchanging, but still good observations!
    Her mistaking him for being gay made her open up. If she knew he's also into women, she definitely would have treated him like any other guy, a possible option for a good time or just superficial friendship, but she'd kept her (emotional) guard up.
    Sudden sexual assault and carving tools are not something Mae's bothering to think about too much, though, that obviously only happens to others, not to her.
    edited February 2019
    @Maladi777 maybe not worldchanging, but still good observations!
    Her mistaking him for being gay made her open up. If she knew he's also into women, she definitely would have treated him like any other guy, a possible option for a good time or just superficial friendship, but she'd kept her (emotional) guard up.
    Sudden sexual assault and carving tools are not something Mae's bothering to think about too much, though, that obviously only happens to others, not to her.
    Well, she's not wrong. As far as she's concerned, Diego fell into "the others" category too, when
    death happened to him
    heffners_orig.jpg
    edited March 2019
    People ask and I deliver...
    Here's two teasers for season 2!

Mae

Linda

Any thoughts? :smiley:

Disclaimer: everything is still WIP and might change.
    Post edited by candycottonchu on