March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Neighbourhood Talk: Season 2! 31/Jan/21

Comments

• simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    :'(
    Mae's getting cold feet... it's Francesco isn't it... meeting him again was not the best idea... however, maybe it was the best idea? If they had not re-met, maybe Mae would have rushed into a relationship too soon, even if Herbert's super sweet? Maybe what she really needs is to discover what she wants out of life? Then she'll be ready to settle down, if that's what she wants. Who knows.. maybe Mae will end up single (which is fine) and Linda will end up married. :blush:
    Okay really sorry I'm spamming this page. This is my last chapter for tonight, but
    Linda really is a great older sister. I am also a bit worried about that dream though. Hope Linda's right and it's all just nonsense, but if Mae's having nightmares about the guy not being right for her... it is kinda important, because getting married is a serious business and life changing. :(
  • candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    Omg!!!!
    Just read the chapter where Delilah and Linda meet. The ex-lovers of Alejandro. I wonder if the wife ever meets the two of them at some point...
    Oasis Springs is a small town. It's rather unlikely they wouldn't!
    Hmm... I wonder if
    Linda, Frank and that other guy... the one she's dating are going to end up in a love-triangle??
    I think
    Linda is not aware of the existence of love triangles xD that doesn't mean she would never end up in one. But you'll see for yourself!
    Ohhhhhh dear
    I really hope Francesco and Mae won't have an affair. :(
    So you think Franco's not willing enough to keep his promises? :D
    :'(
    Mae's getting cold feet... it's Francesco isn't it... meeting him again was not the best idea... however, maybe it was the best idea? If they had not re-met, maybe Mae would have rushed into a relationship too soon, even if Herbert's super sweet? Maybe what she really needs is to discover what she wants out of life? Then she'll be ready to settle down, if that's what she wants. Who knows.. maybe Mae will end up single (which is fine) and Linda will end up married. :blush:
    Oh boy... if only Mae would take the time and deeply re-think everything like you do. I guess she'd get into much less trouble. But she doesn't like thinking xD
    Okay really sorry I'm spamming this page. This is my last chapter for tonight, but
    Linda really is a great older sister. I am also a bit worried about that dream though. Hope Linda's right and it's all just nonsense, but if Mae's having nightmares about the guy not being right for her... it is kinda important, because getting married is a serious business and life changing. :(
    The thing is,
    if something really worries you, it's not unlikely you'll dream about it. The psyche processes a lot of things through dreams. However, if this dream has a deeper meaning, and if fortune tellers are right, is another question. I haven't really decided for myself yet xD
    However, you'll have a wedding awaiting you on the most beautiful venue I've found <3 And a toddler :D

Also please feel free to spam as much as you like here!
    I'm really happy to read your thought-through comments, and it feels good to be able to discuss about the story.
    Maybe you even gave me a few ideas for continuing :D
    Ooh thanks for the responses! They've got me thinking too. B) I agree, Mae doesn't much like thinking. Maybe she's better off with Gaston? :D okay okay, that was a joke. XD
    Hehe... I may spam you tonight then. :blush: I like discussing stories too. Especially stories with lots of characters like this one. It's so much fun to figure out how everyone fits into the larger narrative. :)
    Ooh thanks for the responses! They've got me thinking too. B) I agree, Mae doesn't much like thinking. Maybe she's better off with Gaston? :D okay okay, that was a joke. XD
    Hehe... I may spam you tonight then. :blush: I like discussing stories too. Especially stories with lots of characters like this one. It's so much fun to figure out how everyone fits into the larger narrative. :)

Haha, I think she even would have her fun with Gaston! She's definitely into the manly guys, and likes cooking, after all. But I guess he could wait forever for her to actually marry him xD

You can always spam me <3
    I don't think I have a larger narrative like your story, but I like to show everyone's personality and character development, and how each of them influences the other's decisions.

Haha, I think she even would have her fun with Gaston! She's definitely into the manly guys, and likes cooking, after all. But I guess he could wait forever for her to actually marry him xD

I don't think I have a larger narrative like your story, but I like to show everyone's personality and character development, and how each of them influences the other's decisions.

That's still cool. Those are my kind of stories. Ones that are character orientated and yes, you're right. It's fascinating to see how your characters influence others and how each of their decisions affect the other characters in their neighbourhood. Now I'm wondering what would happen if Gaston came to town. :D

That's still cool. Those are my kind of stories. Ones that are character orientated and yes, you're right. It's fascinating to see how your characters influence others and how each of their decisions affect the other characters in their neighbourhood. Now I'm wondering what would happen if Gaston came to town. :D

Great, I think you'll definitely enjoy what comes next! A lot of influencing, if I may say so xD

Oh boy, I think there would be a few gushing over Gaston xD
    Definitely Sofia and Sara. I could imagine them being the girls that were always singing in the background like this:
    latest?cb=20141026201428
    And Madeleine Sanford, though she would never admit that.
    And Mae might go offensive :D:D
    Omg I think you are right. I think we need to bar Gaston from the neighbourhood. :D

Ooh now I'm excited! :smiley: Definitely will be spamming your thread tonight. :D
    haha, it would be better! There's enough drama already :D

I'm looking forward to it! <3
    "Because everyone was happy when they got married." Lol! There are a few characters who'd disagree there. :D
    WOW!!!
    That wedding venue! That set! Just wow! It's sooo magical!!!!!
    edited April 2018
    OH WOW!!!
    Frank, Brian and Linda sitting on the same table???? Okay, totally fanboying here! My love-triangle are on the same table!!! Don't know why I'm so excited about this. :D
    Wait... is Star Toads Star Wars??? That's so cool! :D Love that name! XD
    Lol!
    Toddler Linda the bug muncher! :D Loved seeing the two as kids. Even then you could tell what their passions were going to be. One, food, the other, botany. It's nice that both had interests from early on, mind you. :blush:
    "Because everyone was happy when they got married." Lol! There are a few characters who'd disagree there. :D
    believe it or not, but Mae seriously never has met Alejandro in person yet xD
    WOW!!!
    That wedding venue! That set! Just wow! It's sooo magical!!!!!
    I was totally stunned when I found it! It's on the gallery, I think I still have it saved, so I can look it up for you if you like.
    OH WOW!!!
    Frank, Brian and Linda sitting on the same table???? Okay, totally fanboying here! My love-triangle are on the same table!!! Don't know why I'm so excited about this. :D
    Awww, I love your reaction to this!
    Well, Frank's quite shameless, bumping in between the lovely couple and completely stealing Linda's attention with - toads! xD
    Wait... is Star Toads Star Wars??? That's so cool! :D Love that name! XD
    Thanks! It's a mix between Star Wars and that weirdo sci-fi-movie from the movie hang outs stuff pack xD I thought they might watch it one day and need the original footage for screenshots here!
    Lol!
    Toddler Linda the bug muncher! :D Loved seeing the two as kids. Even then you could tell what their passions were going to be. One, food, the other, botany. It's nice that both had interests from early on, mind you. :blush:
    Glad you liked it! I really had fun writing this! Random fact; Linda was called after her grandmother, Adelind.
    edited April 2018
    I was totally stunned when I found it! It's on the gallery, I think I still have it saved, so I can look it up for you if you like.
    Yes please!!! :smiley:
    And ooh that's cool about Linda being named after her Grandmother.
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 I just spent the whole day giving my lovely boyband a new makeover ready for the big city and then my game crashed x.x /rant
    I'll look it up for you when it loads again xD
    plum I just spent the whole day giving my lovely boyband a new makeover ready for the big city and then my game crashed x.x /rant
    I'll look it up for you when it loads again xD
    Oh no that's terrible @candycottonchu . Fingers crossed it loads. My sims 3 game used to crash all the time. It was sooo annoying. It always used to crash just after you've done something big too. I think computers instinctively know when to act up. XD
    yeah, that might be xD I have the same problem at work. Just after making the best collection possible, it crashes xD at least illustrator has a feature now that makes save copies, so not everything is lost...

the venue is called Riverside Wedding Venue, from Kamiola2002
    yeah, that might be xD I have the same problem at work. Just after making the best collection possible, it crashes xD at least illustrator has a feature now that makes save copies, so not everything is lost...

the venue is called Riverside Wedding Venue, from Kamiola2002
    @candycottonchu thanks so much. XD
    Ah no. That's so frustrating. That's good that there's a save system though, but still annoying I can imagine.
    @simscognito you're welcome! If you'd like anything else, just ask here, if I find it I'll post it for you.
    Yeah, before I had an older pc, and the feature didn't exist. That was so annoying :c glad, they implemented it.

Also for a while I'm still trying to figure out the new storyline + staging, so there won't be updates too soon.
    I guess there's not anyone around that has read everything anyhow xD
    But I'll drop this little teaser anyhow ;o
    08.04.18_00-15-17.png
    She just had to go back there for one more time, then she would fully jump into the new and exciting life of this beautiful city.
    Aww @candycottonchu I'm sure there are readers who are up to date. Anywho if there arent they're totes missing out. This is so entertaining. I wanted to read more last night, but we had a powercut. *heavy sigh*
    And oooh that pic's got me intrigued.
    Aww @candycottonchu I'm sure there are readers who are up to date. Anywho if there arent they're totes missing out. This is so entertaining. I wanted to read more last night, but we had a powercut. *heavy sigh*
    And oooh that pic's got me intrigued.

Don't worry, not even my husband has read them all so far xD I know it is quite a lot, and it's around here only for a short time.
    And seriously, don't push yourself and no need to apologize. I am happy that you enjoy it!

Glad you like the pic! That was my intention :D
    Power's back on, so I read another chapter. Yippeee!!! I've been getting Neighbourhood Talk withdrawal symptoms.
    Oh gosh! Sofia has some real problems. Poor girl and her father's just... Ugh! Big meanie Alejandro! I do hope Sofia knows what she's doing though. It's a nice idea to assume a man's going to take care of you, but it's much safer to keep your options open. Maybe her boyfriend will propose to her and she does get to live the life she wants... but what if something goes wrong? She gets knocked up and he leaves her? Or... he does marry her, but down the line he dies and she has to support the family? Sofia's mother does have a point. A school degree will give her better security and it's always best to make use of the opportunities that are given to you. Because you never know when you'll need them. :) Anyway... great chapter! I just want to give Sofia a hug right now! I think she needs one! XD
    Power's back on, so I read another chapter. Yippeee!!! I've been getting Neighbourhood Talk withdrawal symptoms.
    Oh gosh! Sofia has some real problems. Poor girl and her father's just... Ugh! Big meanie Alejandro! I do hope Sofia knows what she's doing though. It's a nice idea to assume a man's going to take care of you, but it's much safer to keep your options open. Maybe her boyfriend will propose to her and she does get to live the life she wants... but what if something goes wrong? She gets knocked up and he leaves her? Or... he does marry her, but down the line he dies and she has to support the family? Sofia's mother does have a point. A school degree will give her better security and it's always best to make use of the opportunities that are given to you. Because you never know when you'll need them. :) Anyway... great chapter! I just want to give Sofia a hug right now! I think she needs one! XD

Yay, you're back! I hope the withdrawal wasn't too bad xD
    Thanks for reading!
    I'm glad you see the big trouble her idea has! It is always good if you can rely on yourself, and Rita knows this very well. Sofia however, was always a spoilt little brat, used that everyone takes care of her problems. She might have to face big problems in the future.