Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can children be allowed to walk dogs now? - In relation to the MFP SP

since this stuff pack focuses on children being pet owners, will the ability for children to walk dogs finally be patched in?
i'd like my kids to be useful for something, they can't even cook or garden. all they do is watch tv since there isn't even any outdoor activities for them to do either, but that's irrelevant..
origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

Comments

• Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    It more focuses on EA making money. The walking of Dogs should have added with Cats and Dogs not patched.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    It more focuses on EA making money. The walking of Dogs should have added with Cats and Dogs not patched.
    tumblr_p5chk79Sa41v707rto1_400.gif

• littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    we can only dream. you think my little gremlins would be able to make good use of those young fresh legs. . .
    6riwm5.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Got a mod to do just this the other day
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    That as never been mentioned about this pack so my guess is no.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited March 2018
    I really hate they didn't include this with C&D to begin with. Generally I wish there was a group walk function (multiple sims walking a dog together), that kids can also walk dogs, and that it meshes better with parenthood (so I could use parenting to ask my kids to take care of / walk / feed their pets).
  • HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I really hate they didn't include this with C&D to begin with. Generally I wish there was a group walk function (multiple sims walking a dog together), that kids can also walk dogs, and that it meshes better with parenthood (so I could use parenting to ask my kids to take care of / walk / feed their pets).

But you see that would require the team to expand on the game. All they're doing is making expansion packs, not expanding the game. Afterall expansion packs are there to add in more cas assets and buy assets only, not to do anything drastic like expand the gameplay or anything
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    It would look a bit weird to see kids walking dogs IMO.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    why's that? you don't see npcs walking their dogs anyway, so you wouldn't have to see it in your game.

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited March 2018
    It's odd that they didn't have that included in C&D, as I figured it'd play into children's responsibility as well in walking the family pet.

Pet owning for children I find to be definitely responsibility driven, so was pretty surprised there was no tie in with parenthood as well from what I saw from the stream.

@SimGuruGraham @SimGuruNinja Would that still be possible. Children can interact, feed and wash their pet's. So, why not walking the dog?
    5vJrxmT.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited March 2018
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Got a mod to do just this the other day

Yep, I got the mod for it. It seems the only reason kids can't walk dogs is because the leashing animation doesn't work properly for kids, so their skeleton stretches a little while doing it. Otherwise it works fine. They even gain responsibility from it if Parenthood is installed.

If we were ever to get this, it would be through a patch to C&D.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • jujee55jujee55 Posts: 588 Member
    My kid always gets the want to walk a dog, if they can't walk a dog as a child they shouldn't allow them to have the want.
  • KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Agreed!! & ability to jog together.
    Slightly off topic, but I would love for my sims to be able to have a morning jog together :love:
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member

Howso? Because of the in game animation or the concept in general/real life?
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member

Howso? Because of the in game animation or the concept in general/real life?

It would seem strange to me to see a 7-9 year old out alone but obviously the Sims is a safer world, and it depends on where you live.
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    When I was a child, it was my responsibility to walk the dog as well as feeding and cleaning up after. So it's not far fetched to have the children in the game walking their pets. I felt it was a bit odd that it wasn't included as well so I found a mod so the children could walk their dogs.
  • happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    I know this is OT but Winifred_Willow the sim kitty in your avi is so cute I can't stand it. <3
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    Semi on topic. As well as kids walking them I wish that the Sims could walk two dogs at a time.. I see this IRL a lot and it would make it so much easier for multi pet households!
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    @happygurl Aw thanks! He was the first kitten born in game. :smiley:
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Kids can't walk dogs :o
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited March 2018
    Not bothered with kids not able to walk dogs as I don't use kids in my 'hoods, although on the flip paw, it is weird that they can't. I do wish that we can walk multiple dogs at once, so as to save a lot of time. I have two dogs in my house and it's a pain having to walk them individually. I'd like to get a third dog, but yeah, no....
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Someone will mod it in sooner or later. The modders seem to be the only ones making good content for the Sims these days :neutral: