Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think EA will include missing DLC (EP/GP) content in a Stuff Pack?

WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
I made this poll to ask a question about future Stuff Packs. Today, EA announced a Stuff Pack known as My First Pet which is supposed to enhance Cats and Dogs by adding in small Pets. This Stuff Pack got attention from Simmers who made their comments about this
There are two outcomes of releasing a Stuff Pack made for an Expansion Pack or Game Pack. The first case is that EA could enhance the Expansion Pack or Game Pack by adding bonus content through a Stuff Pack to make the EP/GP more useful. On the other case, Simmers fear that EA may deliberately avoid including the content in an EP or GP so they could sell the missing content through a Stuff Pack similar to what they had done with The Sims 3 where EA deliberately not included the content in Expansion Packs so they could sell them as Premium Content or though Worlds. My First Pet is one example of this as it implies that EA stripped the small rodents from Cats and Dogs so they could sell it as a separate Stuff Pack rather than adding the content through a free update. This is a departure from previous games as previous Pets games (The Sims Unleashed, The Sims 2 Pets, and The Sims 3 Pets) had small rodents included in addition to Cats and Dogs as well as Horses in TS3 whereas The Sims 4 requires you to purchase both Cats and Dogs and My First Pet to have the same features as previous Pets games. Even TS4 deviated with having EP objects being included in Stuff Packs such as Hot Tubs being in Perfect Patio (included in TS1/TS2's base game and TS3 Late Night), Butlers being in Vintage Glamour (included in The Sims 3 Late Night), Laundry being in Laundry Day (included in The Sims 3 Ambitions), Slip and Slide being in Backyard (included in The Sims 3 Generations), and Bowling being in Bowling Night (included in The Sims 3 University Life).

What do you think EA will do with future Stuff Packs?
Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
Post edited by WinMacSims3 on

Do you think EA will include missing DLC (EP/GP) content in a Stuff Pack? 81 votes

Yes
50%
icmnfrshrudy8292JaseStrangerthanCherryrose_xJessabeansdrake_mccartyg01denswanJoAnne65bevillemuseman98jude72plathe_greenplumbobLordkiribatiTomaTeriLittlBowBubDesertSimmer1971aws200ChadSims2NordicPhoenix22x 41 votes
No
14%
LeGardePourpreLomelindi7Jessa_DakkarWritin_RegBagoas77catloverplayer06Bon06elelunicyDoloresGreykeylimepiesimsbellagorillaSimDestroyer 12 votes
Maybe
34%
MsMaySimburianAnmirlasimgirl1010DJQ1308robyngravesrosehrtgirlLustianiciaashcrash19CeCeDotDarkFoxGirl13EmmaVanelittlemissgogokaanvardar99nayruslove7happygurldoedearLoanetTheGoodOldGamerBooDaBoo5 28 votes

Comments

• CrueltivityCrueltivity Posts: 161 Member
    Yes
    If this one sells well they will.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Maybe
    I don't care to speculate about this either way, though I also don't have a problem if they do. (Some of the older packs, like GT and GTW, could use some more updates if you ask me.) But I'm gonna go ahead and mention that comparing previous releases in the series, such as from Sims 3, to current ones, is pointless.

The gurus have said many times there is no continual pattern from the past that they're going on this time around. Saying Sims 3 Pets had this, that and the other thing is irrelevant. Sims 4 has Cats & Dogs, and now this new pet pack too, not a Pets EP, and it wasn't intended as such. That's not to say you can't feel this new pack was somehow supposed to be with Cats & Dogs (I don't share that opinion but you're welcome to it), but C&D was never meant to be all inclusive to every pet regardless.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I'm not sure I understand your question. It is true that packs from The Sims 3 have been split into numerous packs for TS4 in order to get the same features that were included in TS3 in only 1 pack, thus costing players more money. You listed some examples yourself in the OP. So if you're asking do I think they will continue to split features into several packs instead of putting them all in one pack then my answer is yes, I think they will continue to do what they've been doing in that regard.

I would absolutely prefer to just have 1 pack with all of the features included. I definitely feel items included in MFPS should have been included in C&D from the beginning.

Honestly, I'm still one of those people who doesn't like having to pay for the same features over and over again every time a new Sims version is released. I am dreading the day TS5 is released and the idea I'm going to be buying all of the features and packs I just bought for TS4 all over again for now the 5th time. Actually, it's kind of depressing to think about.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member

And I wish they would give us buildable apartments in a Game Pack and additional careers that you go to with your Sims, too. I wouldn't mind it if birds and reptiles were part of a Tropical Vacation Pack.

Would people pay $50 or $60 if they did away with stuff packs and put everything in Expansion packs that came out once a year? Probably, but there would be lots of complaints about hamsters that they didn't want and wishing wells that they would never use. If you like it that stuff packs come with a gameplay object or two instead of just with clothing and furniture, then occasionally a stuff pack will include something that you think belonged in an expansion.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Maybe
    It depends. If they get enough backlash, they may not try it again (at least not anytime soon). As was stated above though, if enough sell, they will consider it acceptable and more than likely jump at any chance they get.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yes
    I don't think anything is off-limits at this point. People could complain about a small selection of majors in a university pack, and EA would sell new majors in an SP that would only work if you had the university pack (of course).

I wouldn't have minded the new SP as much if C&D had a lot more pet furniture to the point where additional ones would feel like a bonus, rather than an attempt to monetize another pack's shortcomings. And if it had a complete set of small pets, not just rodents.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    Yes
    tbh i always wished they would improve the get together and get to work expansions. but this pet stuffpack is just mehh...
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes
    All of the expansions have been so basic they have been holding out content we use to get giving us bare bone expansions. We have been paying for content that use to fill expansions and make them worthwhile such as bowling restaurants and now small animals with no real worthwhile new content to take these features place in expansions. If the expansions offered something new and did not just stick in a active career while taking out all of the worthwhile I would not mind them expanding on the better features but this is not the case.

I have been hoping for a pack that works with Get to Work to fix retail since it as well was just so basic and not fun but this seems like their goal make everything basic and have everyone desperate for more.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SylvanGladiatorSylvanGladiator Posts: 74 Member
    Yes
    Yes because enough people will still buy My First Pet Stuff that they will profit on it and that's enough to encourage them to do it again. I see Seasons coming towards the end of this year and I can totally see them doing something similar with it. I can't necessarily see them selling four seasons in separate packs but I could see them leaving out rain or storms or something like that so they could sell it in a game pack early 2019
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yes
    If we buy this SP. It's sure they'll continue! So if it's continue, it's our fault.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited March 2018
    Maybe
    Depends. I feel like Cats&Dogs was the most likely pack for this to start with, and it's hard to tell how far EA would go with it - would they only do it with Pet things? Or will they do it for other EPs? Will they only do it with Stuff packs? Or will they move up to GPs?

You must remember that EA doesn't want to annoy you with lacklustre Stuff Packs that recycle a lot of code and put you off the game. It just wants as much of your money as possible as often as possible.

I think when we start getting Supernatrual packs, we'll see them merging together - which is, let's face it, pretty cool, but annoying if you only want one specific life-state. Or if we get a Horse GP, it will have Cats&Dogs-compatible items in it.

And even though we ARE paying more and EA IS being greedy, the gameplay is still so much deeper. Look at all the things even little things like hamsters can do now! Like taking off in a spaceship!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Yes
    But but baby-objects...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • happygurlhappygurl Posts: 1,005 Member
    Maybe
    I'm not sure. I suppose it's possible, but after the outrage by many over MFP I imagine they'd be more than a bit leery to do so.
    InstantGif_2020.12.01_18.10.gif?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited March 2018
    Maybe
    Logically speaking, they shouldn't... I mean, "My First Pet" shouldn't even be a thing to begin with... however, this is EA we're talking about, sadly... and we all know EA's only goal is money, money, and more money. They couldn't care less about the players... just as long as we keep giving them our money. That's literally all they care about.

Also, there are way too many people who are blindly buying this stuff pack just because they'll literally just purchase anything EA comes out with. So yeah, if this pack sells well (sadly, it will), I'm sure we'll be seeing this happen in the future... which is why the fan base for this game is getting smaller and smaller. It's EA's own greediness that's causing this franchise to fail.

My best hope is that they'll finally get some competition soon... just like what happened with SimCity VS Cities Skylines. SimCity was literally destroyed and killed by the release of Cities Skylines. If the future of this franchise is to keep being a cash cow that ends up splitting one pack into several different ones, then I definitely hope a good enough life simulation game comes out to do the same to The Sims as Cities Skylines did to SimCity... it's long overdue. Plus, it'll finally serve justice to EA and their greediness. They have nobody to blame but themselves if this happens.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
    Maybe
    Logically speaking, they shouldn't... I mean, "My First Pet" shouldn't even be a thing to begin with... however, this is EA we're talking about, sadly... and we all know EA's only goal is money, money, and more money. They couldn't care less about the players... just as long as we keep giving them our money. That's literally all they care about.

Also, there are way too many people who are blindly buying this stuff pack just because they'll literally just purchase anything EA comes out with. So yeah, if this pack sells well (sadly, it will), I'm sure we'll be seeing this happen in the future... which is why the fan base for this game is getting smaller and smaller. It's EA's own greediness that's causing this franchise to fail.

My best hope is that they'll finally get some competition soon... just like what happened with SimCity VS Cities Skylines. SimCity was literally destroyed and killed by the release of Cities Skylines. If the future of this franchise is to keep being a cash cow that ends up splitting one pack into several different ones, then I definitely hope a good enough life simulation game comes out to do the same to The Sims as Cities Skylines did to SimCity... it's long overdue. Plus, it'll finally serve justice to EA and their greediness. They have nobody to blame but themselves if this happens.
    The bolded comment is not true. You really don't think much of the sim community, do you? I happen to think we're more intelligent than you give us credit for.

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited March 2018

Excuse me don't speak for others its none of your business what others do stick to what you do. Cities Skylines isn't Simcity and they aren't competing there is no one to compete with Simcity died before Cities Skylines came out. To the OP you shouldn't be posting stuff like this because people are just getting angry over others comments that they should be minding their own business over. I would like to say I own every pack in this game and I won't stop buying them and if that makes others think I blindly just buy everything puts out then yes I will admit I do. But that is my business it shouldn't affect anyone else on the forum.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    Maybe
    happygurl wrote: »

The bolded comment is not true. You really don't think much of the sim community, do you? I happen to think we're more intelligent than you give us credit for.

LMAO! You mean the same community that said they wouldn't mind purchasing toddlers in an expansion pack? The same community that's literally paying an extra $10 for content they should already have in Cats & Dogs? The same community that keeps allowing EA to rip them off and not even acknowledge it happening? That one? lol
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg

LMAO! You mean the same community that said they wouldn't mind purchasing toddlers in an expansion pack? The same community that's literally paying an extra $10 for content they should already have in Cats & Dogs? The same community that keeps allowing EA to rip them off and not even acknowledge it happening? That one? lol
    Then don't buy it that is a solution and quit telling people your ruining the franchise by buying every pack. I could careless if the SP was supposed to be in an EP I will still buy it end of story.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited March 2018
    Maybe

Excuse me don't speak for others its none of your business what others do stick to what you do. Cities Skylines isn't Simcity and they aren't competing there is no one to compete with Simcity died before Cities Skylines came out. To the OP you shouldn't be posting stuff like this because people are just getting angry over others comments that they should be minding their own business over. I would like to say I own every pack in this game and I won't stop buying them and if that makes others think I blindly just buy everything puts out then yes I will admit I do. But that is my business it shouldn't affect anyone else on the forum.

"Cities Skylines isn't SimCity."

Really!? Wow... and here I was thinking they were the same thing... you definitely got me there! (sarcasm)

And yes, Cities Skylines IS competition against SimCity. You don't really know how this works, do you? lol Most people who play Cities Skylines are former fans of SimCity who were disappointed at the horrible game that SimCity turned into when the 2013 version was released. By definition, since Cities Skylines is another city builder, that makes it a competitor to SimCity. You have no idea how this works.

"To the OP you shouldn't be posting stuff like this because people are just getting angry over others comments that they should be minding their own business over"

Excuse me? lol This is a PUBLIC FORUM... I'm very entitled to express my opinions... especially on a post that literally ASKED about my own opinion. This seems to be another thing you simply don't comprehend... lol A public forum is literally a place where everyone is entitled to speak. If you want people to "mind their own business", then get off a public forum... lol

"I would like to say I own every pack in this game and I won't stop buying them and if that makes others think I blindly just buy everything puts out then yes I will admit I do."

Like I said several times, you're entitled to do whatever you want. I never said otherwise.

Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
    edited March 2018
    Maybe

Then don't buy it that is a solution and quit telling people your ruining the franchise by buying every pack. I could careless if the SP was supposed to be in an EP I will still buy it end of story.

I'm not buying it... lol Trust me. Also, by purchasing a stuff pack that's basically an extra $10 for an already released expansion pack, you ARE contributing to ruining the franchise. I'm not saying you're not allowed to do it... I NEVER said that! In fact, I said the opposite... I've said several times that people can buy whatever they want with this game... however, don't deny that you're literally giving EA a free pass to be greedy by doing so.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
    edited March 2018
    Maybe
    Deleted
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
    edited March 2018
    Excuse me don't speak for others its none of your business what others do stick to what you do. Cities Skylines isn't Simcity and they aren't competing there is no one to compete with Simcity died before Cities Skylines came out. To the OP you shouldn't be posting stuff like this because people are just getting angry over others comments that they should be minding their own business over. I would like to say I own every pack in this game and I won't stop buying them and if that makes others think I blindly just buy everything puts out then yes I will admit I do. But that is my business it shouldn't affect anyone else on the forum.[/quote]

"Cities Skylines isn't SimCity."

Really!? Wow... and here I was thinking they were the same thing... you definitely got me there! (sarcasm)

And yes, Cities Skylines IS competition against SimCity. You don't really know how this works, do you? lol Most people who play Cities Skylines are former fans of SimCity who were disappointed at the horrible game that SimCity turned into when the 2013 version was released. By definition, since Cities Skylines is another city builder, that makes it a competitor to SimCity. You have no idea how this works.

"To the OP you shouldn't be posting stuff like this because people are just getting angry over others comments that they should be minding their own business over"

Excuse me? lol This is a PUBLIC FORUM... I'm very entitled to express my opinions... especially on a post that literally ASKED about my own opinion. This seems to be another thing you simply don't comprehend... lol A public forum is literally a place where everyone is entitled to speak. If you want people to "mind their own business", then get off a public forum... lol

"I would like to say I own every pack in this game and I won't stop buying them and if that makes others think I blindly just buy everything puts out then yes I will admit I do."

Like I said several times, you're entitled to do whatever you want. I never said otherwise.[/quote]I am done I have both Simcity and Cities Skyline and they aren't the same. They are both city builders but Cities Skylines isn't a competition with Simcity that game died a year after it was released they stop supporting it. That doesn't mean Cities Skylines took its place because it won any prize.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited March 2018
    Maybe
    LMAO! I can't even deal with this...

"I have both SimCity and Cities Skylines and they aren't the same."

I mean, how dense can you possibly be to not even slightly comprehend anything I'm saying? LOL!

"They are both city builders but Cities Skylines isn't a competition with Simcity"

LMAO! Wow... just wow... the denial is strong here.

I honestly don't have the patience or time to be arguing with someone who doesn't even understand the basic comprehension of what it means to be a competitor to a company.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
    edited March 2018
    Maybe

You are just being mean and nasty to people, and I'm not going to respond to you anymore. I would encourage others who are being insulted by this person to do the same. That way they can call people 'mindless zombies' and LMAO all they want without anyone caring. And by the way, I like the people in the sims community and think they are smarter than you give them credit for (even the ones who have opinions I don't agree with).