Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is this happening??

So I'm converting the city living jumpsuit into a dress. also taking away some of the belts and stuff. when I put it into S4S, it still shows up on the model as a jumpsuit. Help?
ldwg5uN.png
tnMBPfy.png
8b787dbb95ac5f2afbd53010e3e3a47f4c9ed619.gif origin id: grilledtempeh

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,773 Member
    Hi @aob you may have better luck asking your question at Sims 4 Studio or in the Tutorials and Tools section of the forum:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/tutorials-and-tools-
  • FeyonaFeyona Posts: 145 Member
    When you have a problem importing the file in Studio it's better to ask on Studio forum since there are plenty of people who work in this program and can chime in and explain. You'd need to post .blend and .package in order to get help. Developers of the game don't help with Studio.
  • DisenchantingDisenchanting Posts: 7 New Member
    I dont know how to actually start my own thing but I have a quesiton about custom content, if anyone here can answer.... why do all my dresses do this i.imgur.com/nYLoPdH.png
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    You need to edit the mesh if you want to change it into a dress, have you done this? :) you will need blender for this.
    > @kittymeow said:
    > You need to edit the mesh if you want to change it into a dress, have you done this? :) you will need blender for this.
    What is blender? I never knew this! Thank you for your help.
    @Disenchanting blender is a 3d editing software, it is what you can use to create meshes or edit them.
    https://www.blender.org

There's a tutorial here to see how to use it with clothing and if you look around you can find others. Hope this helps!
    http://sims4studio.com/thread/566/shorten-mesh-blender
    @kittymeow i dont understand why do i need to add a mesh if i already downloaded the mesh along with the CC?
    @kittymeow i dont understand why do i need to add a mesh if i already downloaded the mesh along with the CC?

I'm not quite sure what you mean,I thought this post was about editing existing game meshes.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited June 2018
    kittymeow i dont understand why do i need to add a mesh if i already downloaded the mesh along with the CC?

the user was answering the original poster's question and not yours. Your issue about the dresses is unrelated to their post.
    For your question, I don't know why every dress you download would do that. You might have corrupted CC in your game that you'll need to dig out on your own.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    Oh im sorry for the confusion! This is my first time using the forums i still dont understand it all. Just wanted an answer lol
    edited June 2018
    I dont know how to actually start my own thing but I have a quesiton about custom content, if anyone here can answer.... why do all my dresses do this i.imgur.com/nYLoPdH.png

All of your CC dresses are doing this? I haven't had that problem so I downloaded the dress in your picture and had my sim walk around for awhile to recreate the problem. It does occasionally occur. I tried running the Cats & Dog's batch fix from Sims 4 Studio as that helps with some morphing issues but, it didn't affect this outfit. I would suggest contacting the creator, Nolan Sims, and telling her about your problem. Be sure to reference the Jubilee Frilly Romper and include your picture. You can message her on Tumblr. https://nolan-sims.tumblr.com/post/138063283903/nolan-sims-here-so-im-very-excited-to-say-that
    @Bananas_45 It's not just that one dress... it does it with all my dresses i download.. Even rompers.
    @Bananas_45 It's not just that one dress... it does it with all my dresses i download.. Even rompers.

I would still contact Nolan. She is one of the best creators out there and may have a solution. What are some of the other CC that is having this issue?
    @Disenchanting I played around today with Nolan's CC. I found that the problem seemed to occur with items where a top and a bottom were fused together such as the Jubilee Frilly Romper, Delightful Dress, and Mod Midriff Dress. I couldn't replicate the problem with her Witchy Dress. I played around with some other creators downloads and found that it seems to be a common problem with that kind of combined mesh. @_orangemittens_ could some kind of Sims 4 Studio batch fix solve the problem?
    Oh okay, thank you.