Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Mobile - What do you think so far

Comments

• Options
    AntoniaBaybeeAntoniaBaybee Posts: 160 Member
    I think I prefer it to the PC game for now - the only thing is the birthday party thing and the pricing of items against the money earned while working but so far so good.

Are we allowed to share friend codes on here to interact with each other or is this against the rules?
    Antonia Louise <3
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Coreyblake wrote: »
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Coreyblake wrote: »
    jimbbq wrote: »
    The only good thing about the sims mobile is that it makes me appreciate much better how good and fun the sims 4 PC/Mac is!

Shame you only get to play with yourself :smiley:

The social part of sims mobile isn’t exactly fun.

Chatting with people and seeing their creations sounds fun to me :smiley:

But you can also check on other people creation with the gallery and origin supports chats too lol
  • Options
    CoreyblakeCoreyblake Posts: 118 Member
    @jimbbq well you enjoy that then.
  • Options
    sillafoxsillafox Posts: 63 Member
    I haven't played much but it's kinda fun ^.^
    sW8E5XUIFFv4lyszgJwTWI5jpMGzpGIKfPLmtfVtGYM?preserve_transparency=1&size=1280x960&size_mode=3
  • Options
    TK421TK421 Posts: 24 Member
    I think it's awesome so far. I am quite impressed with some of the subtle things such as those detailed movements in your character when they kiss or do other actions. Seems pretty realistic.

Though, I am still unclear if your characters age in Sims Mobile?
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    TK421 wrote: »
    I think it's awesome so far. I am quite impressed with some of the subtle things such as those detailed movements in your character when they kiss or do other actions. Seems pretty realistic.

Though, I am still unclear if your characters age in Sims Mobile?
    Characters aged automatically in some of the earlier versions of the game. But aging was removed and all playable sims are now adults. You can retire your sims when they are ready and you can have babies too. You just can’t control them and you can’t control the elders either.
  • Options
    Giulyano03Giulyano03 Posts: 11 New Member
    I hate the whole energy system and the fact that toddlers and children aren't playable. I don't like also that the forniture costs too much
  • Options
    simoleanjsimoleanj Posts: 87 Member
    After playing it for about a week, I have to admit it is getting monotonous. There isn't that much range to the game. You can either send them to work, or to parties, and activities at both are always the same. It's a grinding game. It's still a fun little past time that you can do for a few minutes here and there, throughout the day - as long as you don't care so much about getting the stickers.
  • Options
    ZeoXZeoX Posts: 43 Member
    yes its tru it being monotonous
    tho atm i havent played with the babies option yet too low on cash and stuffs to do atm
    hobby, relationships and jobs to unlock the specials

lucky theres no hunger and those bunch of stuffs old sim games had.
    or ill be total swamped with what to do's everyhour
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    It's a grind. That is all.

Where is the actual fun. Do they really think I want to add rooms and buy more windows and doors everyday and yell hooray!? I want to play...like I can the Sims...like play a game. Tell them to do things. Get their houses the way I like and then leave it alone. I don't care about changing their stupid outfit everyday. I want to control the toddlers. I want to actually be able to do something, anything that isn't just click this, click that, click, click, click. It's so pointless.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Its OK. I played for a short while (I was at work LOL) but I can't see myself playing very often as I think on a smallish phone screen (iphone 6) its not very user friendly. If it was available on Ipad, I probably would play more often

I play on an IPad
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    bluegayle_ wrote: »
    Its OK. I played for a short while (I was at work LOL) but I can't see myself playing very often as I think on a smallish phone screen (iphone 6) its not very user friendly. If it was available on Ipad, I probably would play more often

I play on an IPad
    Me too. It can be played on IPad Air, IPad Air 2; IPad Mini 2 or newer and on iPad Pro too. I play it on iPad Air 2.
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Are we allowed to share friend codes on here to interact with each other or is this against the rules?

@AntoniaBaybee Feel free to share the friend codes here on the forums :smiley:
    Other players have already started sharing in this thread.
  • Options
    simoleanjsimoleanj Posts: 87 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    It's a grind. That is all.

Where is the actual fun. Do they really think I want to add rooms and buy more windows and doors everyday and yell hooray!? I want to play...like I can the Sims...like play a game. Tell them to do things. Get their houses the way I like and then leave it alone. I don't care about changing their stupid outfit everyday. I want to control the toddlers. I want to actually be able to do something, anything that isn't just click this, click that, click, click, click. It's so pointless.

I agree. The change in gameplay was fine, at first, but after a few days it gets old. I'm hoping as time goes by they will expand it. Sims base games are always limited at first.
  • Options
    shadyladynzshadyladynz Posts: 68 Member
    Erpe wrote: »

I play on an IPad
    Me too. It can be played on IPad Air, IPad Air 2; IPad Mini 2 or newer and on iPad Pro too. I play it on iPad Air 2.

OK that's weird! I tried to download the app on my Ipad 2 but it came up with a notification that it isn't compatible with my Ipad! Maybe because my iPad is an older device, but that shouldn't matter, should it?
    Anyway, I have gotten frustrated with it (especially when it starts asking for real money!) so have deleted it on my phone and am not playing anymore.
    0rqatopx73kc_zpsa779gqg6.jpg?t=1509333538
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    It's even better than TS4. There's car in the begining. Interesting stories. I hope they'll be inspired by this application for TS5. When I play TSM I feel more like I was when I played TS2.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    And even the soundtrack of the game is better than the soundtrack in TS4.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    MsMeek82MsMeek82 Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm enjoying it so far! My sims and her hubby just had a daughter but she doesnt have any more events to help her develop into a toddler and that's a bit frustrating but I have already spent money on the game because i love sims but if my daughter wont develop into a toddler I'll be disappointed and may quit playing as much as i dont want to
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    It's alright as far as mobile games go. It's your typical click on stuff and earn tokens and then use said tokens for rewards.

But one thing I really dislike is that you can't seem to delete sims! I made myself and my boyfriend. I already laid out a plan of getting us married, getting kids the whole shebang. But it seems like I've done it wrong the whole time by choosing the wrong way to greet my sim boyfriend... Which is kinda stupid cause the game doesn't explain that. I've been greeting him friendly and now we're on a geek story, thinking that I could evolve it to a relationship sooner or later, but nope.

Is there a way to change the story or am I in a deep pile of mess now??
  • Options
    rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member

I play on an IPad

OK that's weird! I tried to download the app on my Ipad 2 but it came up with a notification that it isn't compatible with my Ipad! Maybe because my iPad is an older device, but that shouldn't matter, should it?
    Anyway, I have gotten frustrated with it (especially when it starts asking for real money!) so have deleted it on my phone and am not playing anymore.

it really matters.
    The iPad 2 runs an older version of iOS and the game was built to be run on newer versions of the system. The game has graphics that end up weighing a lot, so there is a hardware limitation.
  • Options
    Icewolf wrote: »
    It's alright as far as mobile games go. It's your typical click on stuff and earn tokens and then use said tokens for rewards.

But one thing I really dislike is that you can't seem to delete sims! I made myself and my boyfriend. I already laid out a plan of getting us married, getting kids the whole shebang. But it seems like I've done it wrong the whole time by choosing the wrong way to greet my sim boyfriend... Which is kinda stupid cause the game doesn't explain that. I've been greeting him friendly and now we're on a geek story, thinking that I could evolve it to a relationship sooner or later, but nope.

According to a guide you can still change the relationship. You just need to use flirting and romantic interactions only until the romantic relationship is in top (level 10). Then you can get married.
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Icewolf wrote: »

According to a guide you can still change the relationship. You just need to use flirting and romantic interactions only until the romantic relationship is in top (level 10). Then you can get married.

I was just looking through the options and now I see that there's more option where you can choose friendly, flirty etc! :smiley:
  • Options
    StormiSkiezStormiSkiez Posts: 449 Member
    > @simoleanj said:
    > I've been rather busy lately, so I did not realize we were so close to the worldwide release date. I was pleasantly surprised when I received a text message a few hours ago, letting me know that the game was now available for download.
    >
    > What do you guys think about the game, so far?
    >
    > It seems to be a lot like Free Play, with some changes for the better. I couldn't really get into FP, because I did not like having to wait for activities to finish. With SM, you have options on how to complete activities. I also like the fact that going to work is an event that you can actually participate in. Your sim doesn't disappear for X amount of time.
    >
    > Now granted, I did not play FP very long, because I just couldn't get into it, but it does seem like this version is an improvement.

I agree with everything that you've said. I wanted to like Free Play so badly but after a few days I gave up. I'm loving The Sims Mobile though. I really like that we can choose to either wait the allotted times on jobs or use energy to speed up the remaining time. Now, just when I was already on my way to needing Sims Mobile Rehab they release the Hot Tub limited time event. Want. All. Of. The. Items. Lol The only thing as of now that I would like changed is the 2 party a day limit. We can have up to 50 friends (which I have due to lurking in the shadows adding people that posted their friend codes) but can only attend 2 parties a day. I think it should be raised to at least 10.
    If there's a strong storm you'll find me gawking out the window, ignoring the safety warnings.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    HardernaterHardernater Posts: 65 Member
    [quote="Jordan061102;c-16382411"]And even the soundtrack of the game is better than the soundtrack in TS4.[/quote]

Yep, i love the soundtrack. Also i wanted to ask is it allowed to share external links such as youtube?. I've uploaded the complete soundtrack on my channel and actually a lot of it isn't even used in the game.

118n437.jpg

Admin of The Sims™ Mobile Community at Facebook

The Sims Mobile : Hard2Describe / HYC9F67

• Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I just got the game today, but I already like it! I thought I'd be annoyed by the limited options, but I actually don't mind. I recreated my favorite sim I played in Sims 3, Caleb Singleton. I also love the coffee shop soundtrack, which I recognize as an instrumental of Mayzie Grobe, my favorite Sims 3 song!