Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Mobile - What do you think so far

I've been rather busy lately, so I did not realize we were so close to the worldwide release date. I was pleasantly surprised when I received a text message a few hours ago, letting me know that the game was now available for download.

What do you guys think about the game, so far?

It seems to be a lot like Free Play, with some changes for the better. I couldn't really get into FP, because I did not like having to wait for activities to finish. With SM, you have options on how to complete activities. I also like the fact that going to work is an event that you can actually participate in. Your sim doesn't disappear for X amount of time.

Now granted, I did not play FP very long, because I just couldn't get into it, but it does seem like this version is an improvement.

Comments

• jujubee123jujubee123 Posts: 2 New Member
    I like it the graphics are decent and the game is smooth but wayy better than fp.
  • simoleanjsimoleanj Posts: 87 Member
    I can't figure out how to view how many stickers I have. I don't know if this is even something that we can control. I'm assuming our Sims are automatically visible to other players and we don't have to manually send them somewhere.
  • AarongasmAarongasm Posts: 3 New Member
    I love it. It needs to have more social and friend to friend interactions though. I think with a few more tweaks and updates it will be perfect. There is so much to do.
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    I tried it for a bit last night and I actually really liked it. Would have kept playing it because it draws you in right off the bat but a call came in. I don't really play apps outside of CafeLand on fb :p, but i've tried sims freeplay before and think that sims mobile, after some additions to it, will blow freeplay out of the water. Easy to add other players too. I can see myself still playing it in the future.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I'm still deciding if I'm going to continue playing it, like Freeplay I didn't play it for too long because I got tired of having to wait for activities to complete and it's same way when it comes to energy in Sims Mobile. Other than that I think it has potential to be better than Freeplay.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• CoreyblakeCoreyblake Posts: 118 Member
    -My review

I have spent money in this game already and plan to spend more if it is taken in the right direction. I see this game having high potential. You can woohoo and have babies. There's more I haven't even got to yet as it's a unlockable progression system. My next level unlock is a event planner. So more social aspect coming into the game. I see this game as a social/design game. As I said, I believe it has major potential if it will be built upon itself expanding into a rounder game. It reminds me of the older online Sims games like date night. I think this game can definitely progress into something great.

Reposting

The only thing that really cost energy is going to earn coins at work. But it's on a decent time frame anyways. And the stamina revives also at a decent rate. Most actions do not require energy. That's the only thing I've seen require energy is event based things such as friendship and work. Then there is a different energy bar for parties. I see myself playing also if it follows the formula of Tapped Out. Having a prize track to earn things. Then during the timed event of earning things you get offers of new premium goodness. Feels good to say I was one of the first in line for this game. I think it'll do good. The Gurus also listen to the community on additions. So I only see this game improving from a already decent base game.
    simoleanj wrote: »
    I can't figure out how to view how many stickers I have. I don't know if this is even something that we can control. I'm assuming our Sims are automatically visible to other players and we don't have to manually send them somewhere.

At the start of each new day you play it will show how many stickers you received yesterday.
  • cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    it like sims free play, And in real time
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2018
    Boring. I’m not spending money in it and I’m less and less interested in opening the game back up every 4 hours to see some progress. That’s the reason I deleted SimCity BuiltIt
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Boring. I’m not spending money in it and I’m less and less interested in opening the game back up every 4 hours to see some progress. That’s the reason I deleted SimCity BuiltIt

I like the fact that the game gives you the choice of waiting, or not. You can complete activities to speed up the events, so you don't have to wait for hours to see progress. The only time I haven't used activities to speed up events is when I have work to do, or last night when I went to sleep. These were prime opportunities to start events that kept my sims busy for the longer duration of time.
    edited March 2018
    Coreyblake wrote: »
    -My review

I have spent money in this game already and plan to spend more if it is taken in the right direction. I see this game having high potential. You can woohoo...

I agree. Woohoo makes everything better. :p

• MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    I don't know whether I'll stick with it, but so far, I'm quite enjoying it. I do like it more than Freeplay.

I like the fact that the game gives you the choice of waiting, or not. You can complete activities to speed up the events, so you don't have to wait for hours to see progress. The only time I haven't used activities to speed up events is when I have work to do, or last night when I went to sleep. These were prime opportunities to start events that kept my sims busy for the longer duration of time.

I also like this aspect of it. I feel like I can actively play it, so it's more likely to keep me engaged.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    is a much better version than FP, but it is only at the beginning.
    The game has risky actions that depending on the confidence of your sim, you can win a bonus and end events faster.
    The power system works best as soon as you level up. At higher levels, some objects increase the amount of energy you gain from bathing, sleeping, or using the toilet.

Something I miss is being able to go in public batches to eat, like going to the restaurant and dining or having a group of friends to go dancing at the club, but it is something that should arrive with time.

Anyway, the story system holds me more than the sims 4. Think about how things are going to be in a few months. New jobs, new maps, more events ... is a game that has a future.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

I ran out the energy points last night and shut it off. They can't have my cupcakes!
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    You can do events that run themselves even if you have run out of energy. It’s a good time to send them to work to make some money or if you have a high enough level do a hobby event to get hobby points. Or even just a social one to increase your relationship with someone.
    ~ ~ ~
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited March 2018
    The game is way too guided for me. I need much more freedom to play my own game and strategy. Also all the challenges are trivial and it just feel like tedious work to play through them. So the game is too easy for me even though it requires a lot of work to level up and expand the house and it gives me too little freedom to play on my own too.

Sims Freeplay was much more interesting for me to play until I reached the top level (55) and therefore couldn’t expand my population anymore. Since then I have played it less and less. But I still attempt to do all the weekly quests and usually succeed without any problems. So Freeplay is too easy too and its maximum population is still too small for especially all the hobbies which we can’t use all at the same time because there are more hobbies than sims.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    The only good thing about the sims mobile is that it makes me appreciate much better how good and fun the sims 4 PC/Mac is!
  • RzarcasmRzarcasm Posts: 3 New Member
    > @simoleanj said:
    > I can't figure out how to view how many stickers I have. I don't know if this is even something that we can control. I'm assuming our Sims are automatically visible to other players and we don't have to manually send them somewhere.

I'd like to be able to see how many stickers I was given as well. I wanna know if someone thinks I look like a hipster or think that my character is hot, lol.
    jimbbq wrote: »
    The only good thing about the sims mobile is that it makes me appreciate much better how good and fun the sims 4 PC/Mac is!

Shame you only get to play with yourself :smiley:
    Rzarcasm wrote: »
    > @simoleanj said:
    > I can't figure out how to view how many stickers I have. I don't know if this is even something that we can control. I'm assuming our Sims are automatically visible to other players and we don't have to manually send them somewhere.

I'd like to be able to see how many stickers I was given as well. I wanna know if someone thinks I look like a hipster or think that my character is hot, lol.

It will show you at the beginning of each day you log on. It'll say what stickers you earned yesterday.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member

The social part of sims mobile isn’t exactly fun.

Chatting with people and seeing their creations sounds fun to me :smiley:
  • shadyladynzshadyladynz Posts: 68 Member
    Its OK. I played for a short while (I was at work LOL) but I can't see myself playing very often as I think on a smallish phone screen (iphone 6) its not very user friendly. If it was available on Ipad, I probably would play more often
    0rqatopx73kc_zpsa779gqg6.jpg?t=1509333538
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2018
    I like the music. I find it interesting that they mixed Sims 2, Sims 3 and Sims 4 sound effects.

Overall the gameplay is meh though. It's just another app game but it has the sims staple on it with TS4 graphics and pricy microtransactions.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Chatting with people and seeing their creations sounds fun to me :smiley:

I think it will get there. The chat feature is kind of difficult to find, at first, and I haven't yet ran into many chatty people. As for seeing everyone's creations... well, right now everyone basically looks the same. There are only a few variations of characters at this point, unless you're spending a lot of money to purchase the additional attire, housing items, etc.