Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why was my Thread Closed?

fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
And by who? It usually says who closes threads and why.

Comments

• Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    edited March 2018
    They want to keep the negative feedback to a minimum apparently.
    Or they reached their quota of negative feedback for the day.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited March 2018
    It's unfortunate bad seeds allow for a whole thread of discussion to be closed without reprimand.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Plus that wasn't positive you were baiting people to argue in the post. I know you don't want to buy it but others do and in my past experiences its better not to say anything instead of causing drama in a post you know will aggravate people and risk you getting in trouble.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    I am not "baiting" anyone! I am saying that there is a positive side to DLC. WE have a CHOICE to buy it or not.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited March 2018
    Plus that wasn't positive you were baiting people to argue in the post. I know you don't want to buy it but others do and in my past experiences its better not to say anything instead of causing drama in a post you know will aggravate people and risk you getting in trouble.

Err actually I still don't get the whole "your baiting people"....this response feels like something from the old TS4 days where one had to be positive and not saying anything along the lines got one shunned.

But in a way, it's pretty hypocritical because when one finally decides "Hey I don't like it, and I don't want to buy it. And if you feel the same way let's think about the good things in our decision, instead of feeling mad about it." It's still considered negative?

It's literally no different from someone making a happy thread about what small details they will possibly enjoy the game. Positivity works in many ways <3. It's definitely not one-sided and I think we really need to wake up and see that <3.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    I get it now. Buy this pack! It's awesome!

• Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Hopefully they'll give you the deets you're looking for.

I can tell you why this one will be closed though. Public discussion of moderation, when you could easily pm a mod to find out, is a no-no. But as someone who's been around these forums for quite some time, I'm sure you know that already. ;)
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited March 2018
    Dreamie209 wrote: »

Err actually I still don't get the whole "your baiting people"....this response feels like something from the old TS4 days where one had to be positive and not saying anything along the lines got one shunned.

But in a way, it's pretty hypocritical because when one finally decides "Hey I don't like it, and I don't want to buy it. And if you feel the same way let's think about the good things in our decision, instead of feeling mad about it." It's still considered negative?

It's literally no different from someone making a happy thread about what small details they will possibly enjoy the game. Positivity works in many ways <3. It's definitely not one-sided and I think we really need to wake up and see that <3.
    @fullspiral doesn't have to buy it. Baiting people can mean alot of things and you don't have to be doing intentionally. Like for example when we found out we were getting a gay couple in Cat's & Dogs I put up an innocent poll asking if people were happy that we were getting a gay couple and stated I personally was fine with them because I do that in my own games. But it hit alot of people nerves and it turned into an argument /baiting post that wasn't my intention. That is baiting people to argue and what she said could be considered that to even if she isn't intentionally doing it.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

I can tell you why this one will be closed though. Public discussion of moderation, when you could easily pm a mod to find out, is a no-no. But as someone who's been around these forums for quite some time, I'm sure you know that already. ;)

I don't keep a handy list of moderators around. I would have contacted the mod IF there had have been a name attached to the closing.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited March 2018
    Dreamie209 wrote: »

@fullspiral doesn't have to buy it. Baiting people can mean alot of things and you don't have to be doing intentionally. Like for example when we found out we were getting a gay couple in Cat's & Dogs I put up an innocent poll asking if people were happy that we were getting a gay couple and stated I personally was fine with them because I do that in my own games. But it hit alot of people nerves and it turned into an argument /baiting post that wasn't my intention. That is baiting people to argue and what she said could be considered that to even if she isn't intentionally doing it.

So, in a nutshell, it's not baiting. lol. This thread doesn't and shouldn't offend anyone that's going to buy the pack. No different who does like is shouldn't feel discouraged and they more than likely aren't. I can't for the life of me, understand both sides feeling threated by each other. like there's no middle ground.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

I don't keep a handy list of moderators around. I would have contacted the mod IF there had have been a name attached to the closing.

@EA_Lanna has been actively modding around here today. Seeing as how you're so keen on knowing that they usually post when they close a thread, you probably know that already too, or could find it out, but hey. Happy to help.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »

@EA_Lanna has been actively modding around here today. Seeing as how you're so keen on knowing that they usually post when they close a thread, you probably know that already too, or could find it out, but hey. Happy to help.

We have chatted. ;)
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited March 2018
    Simmers, it is not appropriate to create threads like this. If you ever have a query like this it's ok to reach out to the moderation team, we'll aim to respond asap. To make a discussion thread like this is:
    • Discussing the moderation of that closed thread and
    • Deliberately looking to callout the moderators for moderation calls, as only moderators could have closed a thread and in the process breaking two forum rules.
    I'm saying this to bring this to everyone awareness so this is not repeated as I will issue sanctions going forward. I am closing this thread now and it will be removed after a period to ensure you've seen this.

surraaaaaa wrote: »
    They want to keep the negative feedback to a minimum apparently.
    Or they reached their quota of negative feedback for the day.
    I'm not sure if you've read other threads on the forum but there is a lot of negative feedback to be found (positive too but you're callout is specifically on negative so I'll stick to that). Whatever would lead you to feel we cherry pick negative comments or look to shut it down is beyond me when you can see it present. We have always encouraged feedback, negative especially as that is what will help us to grow and improve. The only comments we moderate are comments that breach the forum rules. I would suggest you review them HERE if you are unsure of them.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top