Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have vampires been nerfed recently? NOPE!

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    LOL, well, you certainly caused some firework here :D Back to considering to buy the pack then.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    Thank YOU!!!!!

I was fretting for sure. So glad the threat to my beloved vamps and game has been lifted.

I mean what kind of vamp is that - that would have to have permission (or in this case player permission) to bite anyway? That bugged the bejesus out of me in sims 3 - and just the thought made my own human blood curdle.

Now thanks to your fine revelation - it's not the case, and my oh so fine Vamps remain free to do their Vamp thing.

Big thank you. The game retains it's Vamp integrity... as it should for folks who bought it BECAUSE finally Vamps acted more like Vamps should. Many of us supernatural lovers respect the stellar job you guys did on this pack and nerfing it was shameful. Glad that option is gone. TY.

ETA - You're not plum at all.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'm really glad, I love vampire break-ins.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Well, now you have to solve the bug that is effecting our games... why does Vlad not drink autonomously when he breaks in anymore. As I am supposing that is what it is... a bug.

I just had Vlad break in and bite me on the neck on the Live build.

Awesome, thanks for fixing it so soon.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Don't feel bad, this gave you an opportunity to hear from players here, who really loved the pack as it is.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Okay whew for me too. I thought I had had one break in .. I don't know the last 2-3 weeks of playing. I'm glad it wasn't nerfed I'd already figured a way to deal with it in games I didn't want it in. I do think I'll look into using the cheat to get the garlic wreath into my game when I don't want to deal with it all.
    Can someone explain that cheat here please?

Press CTRL + SHIFT +C

In the bar that comes up on the top of the screen type:

testingcheats true then press enter

bb.showhiddenobjects then press enter

Press CTRL + SHIFT +C to close

In the buy seach, enter DEBUG

You should be able to find the wreath. Put them on the doors. There are also a couple of other garlic items in there you can add.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited March 2018
    I thought I was losing my mind. I started a new save (no cc/mods) after the patch and I got the Vlad call the first day. He broke in, but didn't bite that time. It just so happened my sim's cat woke her up when Vlad entered. He did return the following day and bite and after reading all the posts yesterday and today I started to wonder if I imagined it. I was looking through screenshots I took to see if I could prove it to myself I saw what I saw, lol. I hadn't noticed anything different about vampires. Then I switched back over to my regular save that I've been playing for a good while. I don't get vampire break ins in that save because there's 7 sims in that house, 3 of which are vampires, and somebody is always awake at night.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited March 2018
    Awe @simguruninja you're really cute. :D Be careful dude, it doesn't take much to throw simmers back into the dark ages. :D
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    ^^ I’ve been cowering under my desk all day; shellshocked.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Okay whew for me too. I thought I had had one break in .. I don't know the last 2-3 weeks of playing. I'm glad it wasn't nerfed I'd already figured a way to deal with it in games I didn't want it in. I do think I'll look into using the cheat to get the garlic wreath into my game when I don't want to deal with it all.
    Can someone explain that cheat here please?

Press CTRL + SHIFT +C

In the bar that comes up on the top of the screen type:

testingcheats true then press enter

bb.showhiddenobjects then press enter

Press CTRL + SHIFT +C to close

In the buy seach, enter DEBUG

You should be able to find the wreath. Put them on the doors. There are also a couple of other garlic items in there you can add.

Thanks! I usually don't use these cheats but it's good to have a quick resolution handy :).
    egTcBMc.png
    Well, at least we're all laughing from relief at this point, and not laughing manically for blood. :D
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • PopcornHotsaucePopcornHotsauce Posts: 143 Member

Awww all you had to do was hang up a couple nice pictures and get a new appliance, and you would have been ok.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited March 2018
    @Hermitgirl Your welcome. I like to build and flip houses so I use a lot of build cheats.

Awww all you had to do was hang up a couple nice pictures and get a new appliance, and you would have been ok.
    @PopcornHotsauce LMAO that's really funny :D
    Allons-y!

• TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I'm curious if you're still going to look into the 'cancel like the welcome wagon' option? Mostly because if it's possible to do, it might apply to future events like this, or even to alien abductions and such. Or has that idea been abandoned now that you've noticed the nerf didn't happen?
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Openness and honesty never need to be apologized for. Or suffered for either. The fact that vampires are safe is wonderful.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member

I recently mentioned that Vampire break-ins had changed in the last patch. This was incorrect. Nothing has been changed on this feature. Vampire events remain untouched. The functionality of the break-in w/ bite is the same as it has been since we launched.

I was confused. We were investigating some tuning changes to this event that would have turned it off, BUT WE DID NOT ACTUALLY SUBMIT ANY CHANGES to the current Live build.

And guess what else? We won't water them down. Your vamp break-ins will continue unabated. Any bugs we solve will be done without adjusting this event.

So like I said, I'm an plum. Sorry to cause panic.

Thank you so much! You're not a plum but a great and fabulous sim guru!
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited March 2018

I recently mentioned that Vampire break-ins had changed in the last patch. This was incorrect. Nothing has been changed on this feature. Vampire events remain untouched. The functionality of the break-in w/ bite is the same as it has been since we launched.

I was confused. We were investigating some tuning changes to this event that would have turned it off, BUT WE DID NOT ACTUALLY SUBMIT ANY CHANGES to the current Live build.

And guess what else? We won't water them down. Your vamp break-ins will continue unabated. Any bugs we solve will be done without adjusting this event.

So like I said, I'm an plum. Sorry to cause panic.

Mistakes and misunderstandings are perfectly normal. :)
    And considering your job, that's a lot to deal with.

The only thing I considered "plum", was a few of the rude, unnecessary snarky comments directed towards other simmers. :s
    So not cool...

But I am glad vamps are still devious. >:)
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member

At least you have your sweater to comfort you. ;)
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

thank you :)<3
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    @simguruninja Thank you for more clarification though I think you shaved some years off of my lifespan. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    ^^ I have at least seven new gray hairs!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Thank you :) It was an interesting thread, though? And not even full of name calling!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    It's nice to know this was left untouched.

But I think this whole ordeal was good in the way it highlighted many of us players appreciate risks and challenge in the game. When a game is completely predictable, it's just not fun, but a grind.
  • PopcornHotsaucePopcornHotsauce Posts: 143 Member
    Come to think of it, I'm happy that today's mishap happened, as you were actively working on nerfing the break ins, realized a lot of us really love them, and have changed course to a different (potential) solution. So today is a win! Imagine how many new gray hairs you would have had if it actually had been implemented! :D

Please don't nerf danger, especially in danger-ish packs. It's all we got.

P.S. Please don't nerf it in Laundry, either. I do clean my lint trap in real life after every load, and I hear my mom's voice in my head saying, "I told you so!" every time a sim's dryer catches on fire. And it makes me laugh.