Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buy vacation houses

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
edited March 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
It would be cool if our Sims could buy the vacation homes in Granite Falls and Selvadorada. (The ones you usually rent)
Then we would earn money every week from Sims who stay there, but you'd also have to pay higher bills.
You could stay at the vacation house you bought for free and have the option to customize the vacation house while you're on vacation.
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    So...real estate? That's essentially what it is.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    It would be nice if my sims could live there , the kids could still go to school and adults are still able to make a living using the computer.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Haha it would be pretty funny to have some households buy up the cabins in OR and make any future Sims that visit have to stay at the campfire area, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Haha it would be pretty funny to have some households buy up the cabins in OR and make any future Sims that visit have to stay at the campfire area, lol.

They could still rent the house. :) The money would only go to the family who owns the house.
    a256aFi.gif
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member

They could still rent the house. :) The money would only go to the family who owns the house.

That is a fantastic idea!
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I thought about this when I took a sim to vacation. It would be nice if he could spent some money buying a vacation home.
  • PetreakPetreak Posts: 24 Member
    That's a great idea! Hopefully someone will make a mod for that.
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    It would be cool if our Sims could buy the vacation homes in Granite Falls and Selvadorada. (The ones you usually rent)
    Then we would earn money every week from Sims who stay there, but you'd also have to pay higher bills.
    You could stay at the vacation house you bought for free and have the option to customize the vacation house while you're on vacation.

We had this in Sims 3 and it baffles me that it was not brought to Sims 4 especially when so many loved it....then again, this seems to be a reoccurring thing with Sims 4. The game drives me nuts because it has sooooo much potential to be so much fun, but odd decisions make it frustrating and it doesn't feel like the player has control of much of anything like we did in Sims 3. Such a bummer because there are so many things that this game could have been.

Ive learned to accept it for what it is. I play Sims 3 when I want gameplay and I play Sims 4 when I want to create awesome sims (I LOVVVEEE sims 4 CAS) or build a cool house. Sorry for the tangent hahahaha :wink:
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited March 2018

Yes
    Schantal wrote: »

We had this in Sims 3 and it baffles me that it was not brought to Sims 4 especially when so many loved it....then again, this seems to be a reoccurring thing with Sims 4. The game drives me nuts because it has sooooo much potential to be so much fun, but odd decisions make it frustrating and it doesn't feel like the player has control of much of anything like we did in Sims 3. Such a bummer because there are so many things that this game could have been.

Ive learned to accept it for what it is. I play Sims 3 when I want gameplay and I play Sims 4 when I want to create awesome sims (I LOVVVEEE sims 4 CAS) or build a cool house. Sorry for the tangent hahahaha :wink:

It does not even surprise me any more with the sims 4's track record.
    Some times I think where are all the people who worked on TS2/TS3
    With so some of the most basic features not added or being added to the sims 4.
    Its like why did the decide to downgrade lots of things in the sims 4 pack.

So many basic things. Being left out.

I just have to agree to myself that the sims 4 will never be like the other games. And have to rely on modders to fix EAs limited packs.
    Otherwise it spoiled some of the other packs.

Still good to ask for these things.

I wish lifestages were better in this game. You can create better looking sims but personality, traits and the not so great. newborns and teens, or the not much difference between young adult to elder. Are poor if you asked me.

Other than that I love how you can make better looking sims. Compared to TS3.
    Post edited by marcel21 on
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited March 2018
    marcel21 wrote: »

Nope. It doesn't surprise me at all. If the natives themselves don't live in Selvadorada, playable Sims certainly weren't going to be able to live or to own property there.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • SimlabsSimlabs Posts: 2 New Member
    I dont think this would be technically difficult specially at this stage of the game development.
  • SimCaitySimCaity Posts: 40 Member
    Like an investment for your sim family? Rent out a vacation home? Gosh that would be incredible!
    Origin: caitlynmaree95
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited March 2018
    Simlabs wrote: »
    I dont think this would be technically difficult specially at this stage of the game development.

They could add the option to buy the vacation house.
    • Click on the vacation home's mailbox or at the computer to buy a vacation home.
    • Once bought, you'll be able to edit the vacation home WHILE on vacation. (With your own Simoleons though)
    • Your Sim family can turn the old cabin into a luxurious one and earn money every week. (Just like with books)
    • Your Sim will stay for free at the vacations. (Bills will be a little higher at home though)

It would be an enhancement of the current rental system. Your Sims still have the option to rent the vacation home, even if it's owned by other Sims.
    a256aFi.gif
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Interesting take on what buying vacation homes could be. I find it neat to have feature that let's you rent out you vacation home for some extra simoleons.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »

Nope. It doesn't surprise me at all. If the natives themselves don't live in Selvadorada, playable Sims certainly weren't going to be able to live or to own property there.
    Simlabs wrote: »

However, what we think shouldn't be difficult often is it seems for the developers.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Schantal wrote: »

Yes,yes yes to all that!

• meetkitty123meetkitty123 Posts: 524 Member
    We cannot own a vacation home :-( why? I have so many cool lots I would love to have my sims move to either or without having to sale them. I would b awesome if they can own more than one and rent out the ones they are not using.
    SENIOR POLLINATION TECHNICIAN #3 DOWNLOADS:
    ORIGINAL: https://goo.gl/ux61nn REMODELED: https://goo.gl/pcJwsN
    MY GALLERY ---> https://bit.ly/2N5kp8y <----

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds