Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like UTOPIA HAPPY GAME or REALISTIC RANDOM game?

alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
I meant for this poll to be in the General Discussion section so if a Guru could be so kind and move it! :)

Do you like UTOPIA HAPPY GAME or REALISTIC RANDOM game? 291 votes

Utopia Happy Game (Everything is rainbows and sunshine. Never want any discomfort to befall my Sim!)
6%
MeteoraStormg01denswanldmarkoLissyK9Kianijohenson20EnkiSchmidtRubyDoopoliceofficerswifeYsna887SimanitefilipomelChazzzyCupcakeViolenceAirakaleMoon_Simmer92LiaRose1435CazualKarmaBrindletonsomnasimsSimsQueer 20 votes
Realistic Random Game (Bad things can happen just like real life-heartbreak, sadness, random events!)
86%
Akl500Pauroraael14CK213bshag4lvtams2578icmnfrshNannieGRIMMYBluefairy286LukeIdontrcallcudleybabysimSimsontheropeGoth583GalacticGalIcewolfSandySimJaseSamadamsPlayerdjacquelynstew 253 votes
Complete Massacre (I love when my game is almost like a war zone of disturbing events!)
6%
tanakakiBagoas77AngelEb95adele_katLoves2draw1812husseinandaliInternal_ChaosPsychoSimXXCementdogboy678StrawberryYogurtdreamprisonerNyzandraMeepMorpjoRN1414ItsJaniercedesdcThemrsg4422 18 votes

Comments

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Well I like to option to have all of them though I never look for realism in a game, it's a break from reality like in a game where one can die no one wants to pay anything for a game where one mistake or one technically overpowered enemy means you can no longer play the game again. Though copying things that are realistic a little bit is fine. I'm a storyteller player so I always want the good, bad, and the ugly sims that die from illnesses, though with an option to save them for story telling, like I like the death by poison but I also like that I can pick and choose how it goes, as for disturbing that's more in the eye of the beholder. Some things that bother others, while I'd never tease them for it, don't get to me at all but I play a few different games enjoy a few different types of movies and books so I've been more exposed.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Realistic Random Game (Bad things can happen just like real life-heartbreak, sadness, random events!)
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I want the random I paid for back. Random alien abductions, and random vampire break-ins. *sigh*

I hear you loud and clear! This poll was birthed out of the latest news of the unfortunate and absurd vampire break-in nerfing!!!!!
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I want the random I paid for back. Random alien abductions, and random vampire break-ins. *sigh*

I hear you loud and clear! This poll was birthed out of the latest news of the unfortunate and absurb vampire break-in nerfing!!!!!

The devs need to hear US loud and clear! We paid for the DLC they advertised and since that time, they have taken away that content! That is not fair and not right. This is the Sims...not DollHouse
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    alan650111 wrote: »

I hear you loud and clear! This poll was birthed out of the latest news of the unfortunate and absurb vampire break-in nerfing!!!!!

The devs need to hear US loud and clear! We paid for the DLC they advertised and since that time, they have taken away that content! That is not fair and not right. This is the Sims...not DollHouse

Agreed! They need to go back and see how random and AWESOME events were in Sims 1 and 2! It is part of the charm of the series. I love this game but this watered down happy land is not what was intended. It's a LIFE SIMULATOR after all. Life often has negative things. Without the negative you don't appreciate the positive. Plus, this is The Sims, so please give me my zany and off-the-wall happenings. I guess I will have to depend on modders for the zany and random!!!
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I choose realistic but at the same time I want to be able to put the work in to keep my sims happy.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I almost went for the massacre option, because that's how badly I want more random things and failure in my game.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited March 2018
    I want control over what happens, with real chance of horrible things happening, that I choose the percentage of. I want a challenge, not a dumbed down game. I want to work for my sims to be happy, I want happy moments to mean something.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    I like playing as close to realism as possible, so imagine my dismay when my male sim came back pregnant after an alien abduction... right after my female sim's pregnancy was confirmed, so I had to care for TWO pregnant sims at once.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 126 Member
    I like the happy cartoony vibe of the game. But on the specific point you're talking about, vampire break ins, "happy" is beside the point. I want more unpredictability that I have to respond to.

I get that there are simmers out there who dislike randomness, because they view this as a time management efficiency game. (That always felt too much like a cookie clicker game to me, but different people have different tastes.) And I get that some players hate supernatural ideas while others love them. Personally speaking, though, I like randomness. Sometimes it means having to react to unexpected twists, sometimes it means that I can sit back and watch and something interesting will happen without me having to manually instigate.

Part of me wonders if there's any correlation between how people feel about random events intruding on their game, and whether or not they play with free will on. I'd be totally cool with free will off disabling random events. Likewise, since supernaturals are a point of contention amongst simmers, it'd be nice to see supernatural lover/supernatural hater lot traits. So the default chance of a surprise supernatural event can be set to whatever, and then players can increase or remove it according to their tastes.

Sims will never be properly dark, nor will it ever be properly dangerous. I'm okay with these. I do want it to be able to surprise me, though.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I want control of things, but it's nice to have those little random things that happen so often that disrupt your day.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited March 2018
    I will take random any day of the week. No rainbows for me.
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    I sometimes like totally random events (you called it complete massacre) but I would say majority of the time and for many others everyday random.
  • Options
    RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    edited March 2018
    One of the best things about the Sims 1 and 2 was the challenge and setbacks. It felt way more realistic and varied. One reason I don't enjoy the Sims 4 that much is because everything's too easy, and having everything happy all the time is really boring. Also the older games were well balanced, as in bad things didn't happen constantly or not at all, they happened often enough to keep you engaged and make the game interesting, but not so much it became unrealistic and annoying. That's one thing the Sims 4 really struggles with, they can't get a balance, particularly things such as vampire break ins and pets running away. Its either one extreme or the other. There also needs to be more bad outcomes and situations in general, such as burglars, more realistic deaths and in particular deaths that result from neglecting your sim (eg death by illness and death by flies), pet deaths, NPCs that have negative consequences eg Miss Crumplebottom from Sims 1 and 2 and the Unsavory Charlatan from Sims 2, repoman, unhappiness (actual unhappiness that plays out rather than just a moodlet) from unmet aspirations such as with the Sims 2, etc. I also quite liked the genie lamp from the Sims 1, which had a 50/50 chance of your wish going wrong and meant your Sims's house caught fire, flooded or you lost relationships. I also liked the fact that using aspiration reward objects in the Sims 2 could go wrong if your sims' aspiration level was green or red, sometimes it was quite funny. I liked how you had to take gamble with a green level as it could either work or go wrong.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm somewhere in between utopia and realistic random. I'm not in the total massacre camp because I just don't play games for that personally.

I don't need sunshine all the time but I do like the comic, light, cheerful vibe of TS with the gorgeous worlds that I find immersive. I do add negative events and heartache. That said, I'm also very open to having some random stuff and some negative events. I like being able to decide how I want to handle a negative event. Do I want to put that fire out? Do I want to roll with random good or bad chance?

I guess that I'm saying that I'm cool with having random stuff and some adverse events but personally, I don't want them all of the time. I also like to be able to manage them. I like that TS4 tends to allow me to decide how I want to handle a situation. I think JA is a good example, because I can choose how much to equip a sim or how to respond to a bad event. I can decide if I even want to research the effects of a negative occurrence or I can just learn through the game.

Likewise, in Parenthood, I can decide if I want to allow good or bad parenting. Honestly, I've generally had good parenting but I do sometimes let parents lose their tempers and yell in frustration at their kids or have less functional decision-making.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I want the choice to control how much roses and how much thorns in my sims lives. I want the unexpected. last week a sim I was playing was abducted three times, pregnant the first times and when baby was born he was abducted another two times. I was over joyed, I was thinking EA must have upped the chances. But he son died in JA and I didn't save, my only alien born in game wasn't allowed to die. so I went back, this time he didn't get abducted twice more.
    it would be great to have something like the sliders we used to have. to choose how much and what dangers we want in the game. not house traits. I don't want spiders. I want abductions, chance cards and the more.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I hate this rainbow world t& life that we have in TS4.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Sonata13SingerSonata13Singer Posts: 183 Member
    Randomness kinda keeps the game from becoming boring.
    3ZWheQM.gif
    Origin ID: Sonata13Singer

I also create music and art (search up Sona13Singer on google... but I haven't been uploading a lot recently)
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    If I get bored of all things nice, I bring out the vampires to cause chaos!

I think lately everything bad has been nerfed, even clubs with mischievous/mean socials don't like to be nasty. I used to like watching The Paragons and The Renegades slate each other but it doesn't happen now.
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I want what I paid for. And I didn't buy a freaking stuff pack. Random danger and risk was the point.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited March 2018
    While I voted this way, I want it not to be realistic but bordering on absurd but not all the time. I want those meteors to fall. I want the sickness to occasionally be deadly. I want the unexpected catastrophe. I want the break ins. I want sims to react to a terrible thing happening with a bit more deepness than sad until you talk to the sadness hotline and get over it. I want those ghosts to terrify sims and make them run away out of fear.

OTOH, I don't want every day to be a horrible day, with one bad thing after another happening.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    none of the options really describe what I prefer. I just like to have control. I wouldn't want couples I pair together to randomly break up, for example. Or for my sim's father to like..die in a house fire while I'm away or something like that. But that doesn't necessarily mean I want my game to resemble a utopia...
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    I agree I should have added an option that said "I want complete control" but without a utopia.