March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SURVIVE THE INSANITY - UP-DATED AUG 3 - ON HIATUS

Comments

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @Shadami - oh yes, I got that message. So cute. I answered that maybe I should have named their snowpal "Olaf" lol
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Okay I'm glad it went through. My phone likes to glitch out when I use the WordPress app and I never know what's gone through.
    edited November 2018
    @LegacySims2017 @EuphorialQueen @bmit04 @superkyle221 @Damaro @NextTrickAnvils @Karababy52 @Charliimai @VanPelt81 @Munterbacon @Xantheanmar @Onyeka001 @lisabee2

Hi simmers! Another chapter is up for The Circle Asylum. Art therapy for The Circle Asylum and Happy Hollow with Viviana in the park. Enjoy!

Chapter 8 - Painting in the Park

NOT-EVERYONE-IS-THERE-YET-SO-VIVIANA-CALLS-THEM.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Awesome crazy people art contest. Not sure it could actually be counted as therapy with these loony tunes. Doesn't surprise me that Midge did the best painting considering her crazy level of Bonzai tree skills. Love Rocky's idea of a fun time at the park by hogging the kiddie pool for his adult self.
    @VanPelt81 - I hope that you liked Rocky's summer outfit that I created for him. He certainly has that "stand out from the crowd" personality! lol Yep, the only one who used the kiddie pool. He was just so happy lounging in there all day. He did finally come out for food and did paint, which surprised me.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Just saw that you'd posted. I'm still not getting email notifications even though I believe I'm following. So weird. Anyway... what a fun chapter. I don't think anyone ever painted on any easel I had in my Asylum challenges except for the controlled inmate. Of course, I didn't have GT at the time, so no clubs. Very cool what everyone painted.

BTW, what was up with Midge's outfits? She looked like she had the bum/painter t-shirt, sweat pants, tennies in most of the shots, but had a nice Seasons hot weather outfit in another. Did she just keep autonomously changing her clothes? Sounds like something she'd do. lol

Rocky cracks me up, he's such a fun character. I love that he hung out in the pool all day (In a llama outfit no less) and that he managed to have a chat with Barbie. Looks like Sonny truly is out of the picture for her now. hehe Congrats to Louis for everyone liking his painting so much and to Viviana for having painted such a valuable piece! I've never seen the tree painting Midge did, I like it!

I look forward to your chapters so much, they always make me smile and make me want to do an Asylum challenge again. I have so many saves right now, probably should finish one before I move on to something else though. I'm like that dog in UP.... "Squirrel!" :p

Happy Simming! <3
    @Karababy52 - Ahh....thanks so much for reading and commenting. Yes, I have no idea where that painter outfit that Midge had on came from because I didn't choose it for her. Yes, I chose that nice Seasons outfit, and then suddenly she's in this other outfit. I will have to go in again and look at what outfits she has. I have a feeling it was a Maxis random summer outfit that somehow was still in there. Yes, definitely having clubs helps with some things you can do in the asylum challenge. However, having painting in the club activities didn't work for Randall or Finn, as they are the only ones who didn't paint. Or maybe the household ran out of funds before they decided they did indeed want to paint. Gardening wasn't even an activity, but Finn was kind of hovering around the plant area for some reason. Singing was, and I guess Randall decided he liked singing more than painting. Ahhh those sims, you just never know what they will do :) Tee hee
    edited November 2018
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @VanPelt81 - I hope that you liked Rocky's summer outfit that I created for him. He certainly has that "stand out from the crowd" personality! lol Yep, the only one who used the kiddie pool. He was just so happy lounging in there all day. He did finally come out for food and did paint, which surprised me.

He just needed some painting inspiration from lounging in a pool (presumably) filled with children's tears, though I do imagine his painting style of choice is finger painting. Also the outfit fits well with Rocky and color wise is similar to his "swimsuit".
    edited November 2018
    wall-of-paintings.png

@VanPelt81 - On the wall of paintings, Rocky painted the fruit basket. :)
    wall-of-paintings.png

@VanPelt81 - On the wall of paintings, Rocky painted the fruit basket. :)

Pretty good basket for finger painting.
    edited November 2018
    I hope that Sonny's attempt of hacking came with an audio of this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Also, Rocky's cake blobs are likely made from "chocolate" he found in his favorite room, likely at the request of the towel rack he seems to be getting advice from (maybe with hot sauce drizzled on top for extra "flavor").
    edited November 2018
    @VanPelt81 - "Ewww Gross Cake" moodlet! lol
    Yep, that audio clip is priceless - poor Sonny :)
    Sul Sul my dear readers - taking a break until January. The insanity will return then. Have a good holiday everyone :)
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Have a good holiday season ^^
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Sul Sul my dear readers - taking a break until January. The insanity will return then. Have a good holiday everyone :)
    Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays
    Stay safe
    red_cm10.png
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you too @SoulGal7 Hopefully you have a joyous holiday season full of love and laughter with family and friends! *Hugs* <3
    edited December 2018
    Looking forward to this story getting back up and running in 2019. Have a joyous holiday season.
    edited January 2019
    @LegacySims2017 @EuphorialQueen @bmit04 @superkyle221 @Damaro @NextTrickAnvils @Karababy52 @Charliimai @VanPelt81 @Munterbacon @Xantheanmar @Onyeka001 @lisabee2

Hey all - Woot - it must be Jan already! lol I didn't know if I would have a chance to do this before the holidays, but here it is...a TEASER to end off this year and begin the next...Enjoy and have a great holiday everyone and thanks so much for reading and commenting on this story :)

Later That Night - Happy Hollow Asylum

louis-are-u-awake-can-u-hear-me.png
    Yay! \o/ So happy you were able to sneak in another episode before your break. Oh and what an episode too, so...bizarre! o.O Love cliffhangers like this, can't wait to find out what happens next. :) BTW, the above pic of Louis is just gorgeous! He really is a very handsome Sim eh? Love the lighting in that shot too, it almost looks like candlelight glowing on his face and neck to me. Happy Holidays! <3
    edited January 2019

Happy New Year everyone! I hope everyone had a great holiday. Starting the year off with a new chapter for The Circle Asylum as they visit the museum. It was a very "enlightened" experience for the residents. Enjoy! And, comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Survive the Insanity - Mon., Wk 2: The Circle Asylum - Day at the Museum

hannibal-struck-by-lightning.png
    Thanks for the heads up and YAY! Only one problem, when I click on the link I get an error. Says IP address can not be found. :(
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Do you still take patients at the Asylum, or is that all done?
    @Karababy52 - Try the link again. I think it's fixed now. Sorry about that.

@TheGreatGorlon - Hi, This is actually a challenge, and I had a casting call quite awhile ago for the two asylums. Sorry you missed out on that. If you look at some of the forum headers and see Casting Call, you can certainly make a sim for those. Good luck and have fun simming!
    edited January 2019
    Thanks, it works for me now. \o/ Another great chapter!
    So funny how everyone kept passing out and falling in the mud. Poor Viviana and Hannibal getting struck by lightening. I'm glad she didn't get hit a second time, they can die when that happens. If she did though and didn't die, I've heard the special animation they get from that is pretty cool, can summon lightening wherever they want and their eyes glow! O.O

All those questions they 'asked' at the museum cracked me up too. It reminded me of my daughter when she was little the first time we took her up north on vacation. She kept saying, "How long before we get there?" "I'm hungry, I want a banana." "I gotta go potty." "I want a banana." Over and over and over. lol We still tease her to this day about it and she's now 27. :)

BTW, did Hannibal like getting hit by lightening too? So funny how they don't care and actually get happy when that happens. Oh, pretty cool that Sims will hack autonomously, I had no idea they would do that. Viviana is lucky Holly agreed to all those interactions. I've heard celebrities can be a bit standoffish and rude. I don't have Get Famous myself so just going by what I've read.

Breeding frogs can be a BIG money maker if you have two that are worth a lot. Sometimes by breeding different combinations, you can get the more expensive ones. I like to do that sometimes with my Rags to Riches Sims. That picnic area behind the museum is great for snagging free food, townies/NPCs are always grilling there in my experience. The fishing spot right there is great too, can get rares worth big simoleans.

Thanks for posting, I've missed this story. Happy New Year to you too, looking forward to reading more! <3