Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SURVIVE THE INSANITY - UP-DATED AUG 3 - ON HIATUS

Comments

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @LegacySims2017 - You are not the only one who had to re-read the last chapter. I did too! lol And then I remembered I had done a lot trait poll for the dinner party.

@Karababy52 -Oh yes, Midge. She really does have an obsession with that game. Doesn't she? I look to see where she is going, and yep, to the Don't Wake the Llama table. That or swimming. Well at least she's not a pyro like Veta trying to burn down the other asylum. lol
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Glad this story of our favorite insa.. I mean erratic weirdos is back. Looks like Louis is moving up in the world and for him hopefully back on the road to sanity. Can't wait to see what the dinner party leads to.
    edited October 2018
    @LegacySims2017 @EuphorialQueen @bmit04 @superkyle221 @Damaro @NextTrickAnvils @Karababy52 @Charliimai @VanPelt81 @Munterbacon @Xantheanmar @Onyeka001 @lisabee2

Good morning! The long-awaited Dinner Party chapter. There was so much going on during this party, that I had to pause and re-pause so often. Comments, suggestions, and ideas for future chapters are always welcome. Enjoy!

Survive the Insanity - Ch 6 - Dinner Party

uh-oh-again.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    Looks like Barbie likes bad boys between her flirting with both criminals in the other house.

Hilarious antics in this chapter. I loved Eric's snarky comment over Rocky's weird party outfit.
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    VanPelt81 wrote: »
    Looks like Barbie likes bad boys between her flirting with both criminals in the other house.

Hilarious antics in this chapter. I loved Eric's snarky comment over Rocky's weird party outfit.

I thought the same thing. She likes bad boys...lol. She’s not as innocent as she looks.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    edited October 2018
    @VanPelt81 & @LegacySims2017 - Thanks so much for reading and commenting. I had forgotten what everyone's party outfits looked like, so when Rocky did the change-a-roo, I thought it was hilarious. The lot traits, of course, caused Rocky to be romantic. Rocky has some pink with Barbie, but then so does Sonny! So, yes, quite possibly Barbie likes the bad boys. Now Barbie, what about poor Ken in the jungle?
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @VanPelt81 & @LegacySims2017 - Thanks so much for reading and commenting. I had forgotten what everyone's party outfits looked like, so when Rocky did the change-a-roo, I thought it was hilarious. The lot traits, of course, caused Rocky to be romantic. Rocky has some pink with Barbie, but then so does Sonny! So, yes, quite possibly Barbie likes the bad boys. Now Barbie, what about poor Ken in the jungle?
    Theory: Barbie really did love Ken once upon a time. That is until she became bored of his "goodie-two-shoes" ways. During a break from their relationship Barbie had a fling with Blaine, an Australian surfer. (True Barbie lore) That was when she discovered the thrill of bad boys.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    What a 'smokin' party! ;) So much going on, I don't know what to comment on first! lol
    I have to say my first impression after seeing Rocky's get-up was, "Oh, she's doing an early Halloween theme for the party?" I couldn't stop laughing, so funny! The chicken hat is a great tip! I knew those hats changed emotions, but wasn't sure which was which. I'll have to remember that next time I need an inspired Sim! Thanks!

Speaking of Louis, poor guy! Gah! All he wanted to do was impress Viviana and look what happened. I'm not sure she's into you Louis. She totally ignored your life & death plight in favor of food. Good thing Eric, Midge and Louis himself finally whipped out the extinguishers. I thought it was going to be a very short party and the end of your challenge for a little while. I was holding my breath when Louis had to fix the stereo too. Would've been especially tragic if he survived the fire only to be electrocuted in the end. o.O

Barbie showing her bad boy loving ways was fun too, especially when Rocky was making that kissy face. hehe I was hoping one of them would actually kiss her or something. But the flirting was fun by itself. :) BTW @EuphorialQueen thanks for the fun fact about Barbie & Ken, I didn't know about Blaine. Of course, I never had a 'Barbie' as a child, mine was P.J. and my little sister had her little sister Skipper.

I feel bad for Toby, must be nobody told him Midge was the all-time Don't Wake the Llama champ. I know he lost 5 times, but who actually won? You never said. Guessing Midge, but could've been anyone really.

Glad alls well that ends well and Louis got his Silver Medal. He deserved it after the night he had. Love the new kitchen too. Speaking of which, so funny about Midge not being able to make a good cup of coffee. Makes sense though. She's a spoiled rich brat and probably never had to brew any herself. "We have servants for that dahling." Loved you got the residents a popcorn maker too. I love that throw/catch interaction Sims will do while eating popcorn. It's so realistic!

Great chapter, I thoroughly enjoyed it! Happy Simming! <3
    @EuphorialQueen - I love it! ooohhh....I am looking up Barbie lore now! lol

@Karababy52 - Thank you so much for your comments.
    And sorry for not saying who won in Don't Wake The Llama, but, well, we all know. It was Midge. I couldn't believe poor Toby. I just sat there watching them play, and then, dang, poor Toby loses every time. I must say he was persistent and didn't get upset about it, and he wasn't even moping around like some other sims do when they lose. Yes, I am not sure what happened with Viviana because I couldn't check her needs, but it was just funny that she calmly walked into the kitchen, while everyone else in the house was screaming and carrying on. That was weird. Yes, Louis had quite the night. I wasn't sure he was going to make it, and to get the silver award, I couldn't believe it myself. And as far as Barbie, lol, well, when I played The Circle Asylum, I checked everyone's relationships, and she is the only one with some pink for both Rocky and Sonny, and I checked all the sims at Happy Hollow, and the same, both Rocky and Sonny have some pink for Barbie. I thought that was very interesting. I guess we'll see what happens there.
    edited October 2018
    Theory: Barbie really did love Ken once upon a time. That is until she became bored of his "goodie-two-shoes" ways. During a break from their relationship Barbie had a fling with Blaine, an Australian surfer. (True Barbie lore) That was when she discovered the thrill of bad boys.
    I got curious myself and found: this

Link doesn’t work right. Copy ‘n Paste this — https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaine_(Barbie)
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited October 2018
    I got curious myself and found: this

Link doesn’t work right. Copy ‘n Paste this — https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaine_(Barbie)
    RE: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaine_(Barbie)
    Yes that is the one http://www.manbehindthedoll.com/BLAINE.htm
    :lol:
    Cali Guy Blaine
    Birthday: May 3
    Sign: Taurus
    Birthplace: Sydney, Australia
    Favorite Food: Mexican
    Hobbies: Extreme sports-surfing, snowboarding, skydiving
    Pet: "No time for pets, dude!"
    Favorite Color: Black

---
    Generation Girl Dance Party Blaine
    Birthplace: New York City
    Fave way to chill: Listen to music
    N.Y. fave eats: Double cheeseburger
    Coolest hangout: Music store
    Fave music: Hip Hop
    Word that best describes me: Outgoing
    Career goal: Radio DJ
    --
    Generation Girl My Room Blaine
    My studio is...
    A great place to jam with my friends!
    I dig my...
    Guitar, because music's my life!
    One day I'll be...
    A worldwide sensation with my own band!
    Quote for the day...
    "Music makes the world go 'round"
    I had to read the whole history of Barbie and Blaine now! lol
    I didn't even know profiles for individual Barbies was a thing! lol Thanks for all that @EuphorialQueen, very interesting indeed. :)

You're very welcome @SoulGal7!
    Of course it was Midge, I suspected as much. :p So funny! I wonder what it is about that game she loves so much? Kudos to Toby for not getting upset. He sure has a lot of stubborn determination and stick-to-itiveness, I'll give him that!

VERY interesting about the bad boy love triangle Barbie has going on there. I wonder if at some point one or more will get jealous or something. That'll make for some fun screenshots, eh? ;) The three times I've done this challenge, never had any romances blooming that I didn't instigate myself. I bet it's rare! Keep a close eye on them for us!
    edited October 2018
    @karababy52 - I think it had something to do with the lot traits, one of them was a romantic aura, and also I had changed the club activities to one of the romantic club activities, too. Sorry, I didn't write down which one I changed it to in the club activities, and I can't look back, because they are changed again. Sorry about that, will write that down the next time. But the thing is, why were only those 3 affected by the lot traits? It is very interesting how that all worked out. And yes, I was thinking the same thing. Sonny and Rocky after the same girl? Could be a problem.
    In the next chapter, Barbie does call one of them to ask them on a date. But which one? They can't go, because I can't control them, but I did pick up their phone to see who was calling. lol
    @karababy52 - I think it had something to do with the lot traits, one of them was a romantic aura, and also I had changed the club activities to one of the romantic club activities, too. Sorry, I didn't write down which one I changed it to in the club activities, and I can't look back, because they are changed again. Sorry about that, will write that down the next time. But the thing is, why were only those 3 affected by the lot traits? It is very interesting how that all worked out. And yes, I was thinking the same thing. Sonny and Rocky after the same girl? Could be a problem.
    In the next chapter, Barbie does call one of them to ask them on a date. But which one? They can't go, because I can't control them, but I did pick up their phone to see who was calling. lol
    Hoping it's Rocky, this way he can regal Barbie about his fears of giant cheeseburgers trying to eat him.

That being said, if Rocky & Sonny are fighting over the same girl someone cue the Dodecapodean 10 National Anthem...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxQnuMGyPJs
    edited October 2018
    @LegacySims2017 @EuphorialQueen @bmit04 @superkyle221 @Damaro @NextTrickAnvils @Karababy52 @Charliimai @VanPelt81 @Munterbacon @Xantheanmar @Onyeka001 @lisabee2

Good morning simmers! We now have Day 7 up for The Happy Hollow Asylum. It's the morning after the dinner party and raining. Enjoy!

Happy Hollow Asylum - Ch 7 - The Morning After

krysta-in-a-sea-of-dirty-clothes.png
    It was Sonny outside in the latest chapter. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    oh no. I think i fell behind xD I gotta figure out what chapter it is i read last.
    I just now found that you had posted another chapter. I don't know why, but Wordpress had unfollowed your blog so I didn't get my usual email notification. :( Anyway...

Whoa! I guess this is why I've never had any of my Sims throw a party at home. I've never seen a lot that filthy, not even when I did this challenge myself. Smart using clubs to get the inmates to clean up themselves. Makes sense, after-all, they made the mess, why shouldn't they clean it up? ;) Sooo funny with the future cube predictions. I actually LOL'd at that pic of Rocky! Very cool Barbie actually called him for a date! Gah! I wish they could actually go on one together. Oh well...I feel bad for Sonny though. Poor guy. I haven't had any of my Sims get struck by lightening yet either.

Too bad you can't control them, because if he gets struck again while still having the previous moodlet, he could die or he'll get that special lightening thing where they can summon lightening anywhere and their eyes glow. Might be kind of cool actually. Except for the chance of dying part.

Midge just cracks me up man. I'm guessing she just really loves rain, but it's fun speculating that she might actually just be happy Sonny got hit instead. hehe I absolutely adore Gene Kelly and that video of Singing in the Rain. He was such a great actor and especially dancer. The only experience I've ever had with that 'It's Raining Men" song is from the show Friends when Chandler and Monica visited his Dad (Kathleen Turner) at the club where he was singing that song in Drag.

I'm glad Sonny had first crack at the ill-gotten computer. I hope he does find another Barbie to love on there. Or maybe he was looking around to find her! Hmmm.... lol

Great chapter, loved it and looking forward to reading the next one! Have a great rest of your weekend! <3
    Great chapter in the messy nut house. Sonny had a not so sunny experience on this day what between Rocky getting Barbie's affection and then getting struck by lightning on the same day.
    @LegacySims2017 - Yes, poor Sonny was out in the thunderstorm taking a shower! lol It just wasn't his day. I also found that he had "borrowed" another item from his work, a book, this time. Thank goodness no more dirty dishes. Maybe, just maybe, there was a higher force at work here! lol
    @VanPelt81 - Rocky was really having a good day, and when he got that call from Barbie, I was really surprised. I stared at the screen and was smiling to myself but knew they couldn't go on a date together. Ah shucks. Well, they will see each other in the next chapter when they all head to art therapy with Viviana. So, we will see if any more sparks fly between them. I am going to use the club activities again for them to paint, so it will be interesting to see what they all paint.
    @Karababy52 - I think it's because I had to make a new Wordpress site as I was running out of memory on my old one. But, yes, the place was a major disaster. I could have played the "hand of God" and put every dish in that NanoCan, but you have to wait a bit until it goes green again before you can put another one in. And, it was just taking so long, I figured that all I would be doing was cleaning up plates for an entire sim day. So figured, no, that wasn't going to work, heck, I needed help with that place. I think that Sonny would have been ok if Louis hadn't been cleaning the shower, but, no, he couldn't wait and went outside and had a shower in the rain. I am surprised that Midge, standing out there in the rain, didn't get struck by lightning. I just thought that was the funniest pic that Erik stopped to watch Midge sing in the rain. Maybe he was waiting for a big lightning show, too. lol Yep, and the computer was ignored by everyone, except Sonny who immediately went on to troll the forums, which is a mischief activity apparently.

I just love these two asylum houses and have to stop myself from playing ahead too far. It is really hard to just concentrate on Louis & Viviana and not look at what everyone else is doing. Because usually, they ARE doing something that I don't want to miss.
    Do you have two word presses?
    @Shadami - yes, because I was running out of memory on my first one, so just made another free one. I have all the chapters for The Asylum Challenge listed in both.
    Oh okay. That would explain why i've missed so much. i'm following both now :D I still have some of your older stories to catch up on. I did comment on one of the 100 baby challenges today and it didn't show up, and it also deleted my like and I had to relike it. So i'm not sure if my comment actually went through. But... basically. "Ana was told to let it go" snowman picture next panel. Ana made friends with Elsa at school. I'm singing frozen songs now. ^^
    @Shadami - yes, because I was running out of memory on my first one, so just made another free one. I have all the chapters for The Asylum Challenge listed in both.
    @Soulgal7 Ohhhh ... I was wondering why I was getting multiple email alerts. :lol: