Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Team Vanilla VS Team CC & Mods

WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
edited March 2018 in General Mods Discussion
Do you like to play vanilla or use all sorts of mods and why? :open_mouth:
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Team Vanilla VS Team CC & Mods 197 votes

#TeamVanilla
24%
Akl500PEvvieSimmerSyl0271IdontrcallJaseaprilroseFaith12368PlayerSinger2010Cherryrose_xMindofyVuloriAmj1995elelunicymannannaChampandGirliekittymeowPrincessMeiannaliese39CXonor13tnb494 48 votes
#TeamMods
75%
auroraael14CK213bshag4lvKita5399Goth583TynkManderMurduhxosummerloverxoSikoahGraceColorist40StormkeeptanakakiSimpatsyannsimm621Camelotkeekee53asimbsimMeteoraStormCynnaIrdiwen 149 votes

Comments

• Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    #TeamMods
    I just can't play without MC Command Center. I've literally refused on several occasions. That's the most important mod to me, but I also use playable pets, reveal pet traits, less negative points to get a negative character trait, and the left/right hand revealer.
  • CazualKarmaCazualKarma Posts: 85 Member
    edited March 2018
    #TeamMods
    So.. I play the Sims 1-4 for 18 years now, since the Sims came out. And I never used mods or CC: since 1 month ago. I was curious and installed some basic mods and CC. And I love it!

I always was team Vanilla, I didnt really need CC or mods, but I must say that it really adds more fun and freedom to my game!

I am very picky with my mods and CC, and only download stuff from more popular creators or those who update recently. And I must say, love it! SO bye, team Vanilla ;-)
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    #TeamMods
    I play with mods that enhance my game play or with mods that fix glitches. I love to have highly drama filled game so I look for mods that will allow for me to do so. If I find one that is a taboo mod, I look to see if the mod has the option to make less graphic and not X rated. I have one that the purpose of it of is pure pixel 🐸🐸🐸🐸 but I have turned those features off to and use the game play features. I've cut apart animations I've downloaded to remove the parts of the animations that I know I will not be using for screenshots. I created Shinya with large amount of people in my life whom have all left this world to young and too early. Through him they will get their happy ending. So I look for mods that will allow for me to play out their lifestyle and over come their misfortunes that caused them to no longer be here.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    #TeamMods
    I only use Maxis Match CC, MCCC, and a mod to get rid of vampire visits and attacks. Maxis Match is just recolored in game content.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    #TeamMods
    Mods, not (well, almost never) CC. I like tweaking gameplay things :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    #TeamMods
    I have to have my skins and makeup the most, especially kijiiko's eyelashes. I also love the mod that unlocks teen careers for adults! I only have a few cc clothes though, the team are doing pretty good with that area this time around!
  • FlorelaFlorela Posts: 11 New Member
    #TeamVanilla
    I don't use any mods except for MCCC, but I only use that for story progression and I don't ever touch it haha.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    #TeamVanilla
    Can't be bothered to update with every patch.

Can't be bothered to go through all the effort of making builds only to have them be absolutely useless to anyone on the gallery.

Can't be bothered to put up with extra bugs and glitches that have nothing to do with the game itself.

Just can't be bothered, tbh, lol. There's not enough pros for mods and cc to outweigh the cons.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • cityboundcitybound Posts: 61 Member
    #TeamMods
    As much as possible, especially with my PC being a little old and laggy as ever, I try not to download too much CC but in my opinion, what is Sims without CC? However, as I install more EPs, GPs and SPs, I want to phase out using less CC. I don't download decor or anything, but the only CC I download are default replacements, clothes, hairs, that kind of stuff. (:
  • SophiaBlissSophiaBliss Posts: 51 Member
    #TeamMods
    I use Maxis Match custom content because it matches the games aesthetic and gives me more opportunity in CAS to make creative and unique Sims. This being said, I do daily clean outs and only keep what I truly love. For build, I mostly use recolors of EA made objects because there isn't always the best swatches. Lastly, for mods my favorite most recently is the UI one because I go out a lot with my Sims and without it I can't get anything I want done especially with all the glitches in restaurants. I also use it to change their sleep schedule. I use a few other mods like MCCC and recently playable pets but I only download the mods that I feel like I need.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited March 2018
    #TeamMods
    I love mods -- all kind of mods. Furnishings, CAS items, mods that change the rules of the game, I love them all.

I wonder, though, what is the sudden interest in whether or not players use mods in their games? It's not a mods vs vanilla issue. We should all do whatever makes us happiest. Either way, no one gets hurt, right? :)

Edited to add: my question about the interest in mods/no mods is not directly at you, OP. I just notice that there have been posts about that lately. I was just wondering what was the underlying train of thought (for lack of a better description) there.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    #TeamMods
    I've been using mods and CC since Sims 2, I prefer MM, especially in Sims 4.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    #TeamMods
    not enough cas content that i like (and not enough variation for someone who has a thousand sims like me) and broken gameplay is irritating when i know there is a mod that can fix it, so i fix it.
    *maxis match only.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    #TeamVanilla

Can't be bothered to go through all the effort of making builds only to have them be absolutely useless to anyone on the gallery.

Can't be bothered to put up with extra bugs and glitches that have nothing to do with the game itself.

Just can't be bothered, tbh, lol. There's not enough pros for mods and cc to outweigh the cons.

This.

And also, I became addicted to mods and cc while sims 3, it ruined my game. I wasn't really playing, I was chasing mods and cc.
    So now with sims 4, I stick to Vanilla and I enjoy what the game offers.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    #TeamMods
    Team mods! I do use quite a few. I use some CC but don't have an epic amount. Ok I take that back. My mods folder is about 50 percent mods and 50 percent CC. :D
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited March 2018
    #TeamVanilla
    I have nothing against Mods/CC, I used a TON in TS2, but I have a toaster laptop this time so I'm strictly vanilla until I get a better computer.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    #TeamVanilla
    I've thought about it but I don't want to have to worry about keeping up with the updates or about new bugs.

I'm not anti-mods if people want to use them. There are a few that have sounded interesting to me like the one that reveals hidden traits in townies. I just don't want to worry about frequently backing up saves or the potential for something to go wrong. I've done a lot of my own household management. Maybe at some point, I'll change my mind but right now, I play a vanilla game that I manage myself.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    #TeamVanilla
    I modded previous versions of the sims games. I have nothing against mods/CC, I just found that checking the mods/cc to make sure they didn't break after an update became tiresome. Plus, I also spent way more time looking through CC than actually playing the game. :D Now, I find a challenge in using what I'm given in build/buy and it's resulted in some builds that I actually liked, even though I wasn't sure I could.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    #TeamVanilla
    #TeamVanilla where you at?!
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,835 Member
    #TeamMods
    Currently I'm only using UI Extension because some of the time my sims are just so busy and I just adjust their motives. I had some cc clothing but left it out when I recently reinstalled my game. I only have Nrass for my Sims 3 game. For my Sim's 2 game I have over 5GB of mods and custom content.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited March 2018
    #TeamMods
    I use both mods and CC, although I'm much more particular about it in Sims 4 than I was in 2 & 3. Now I use mostly MM hair and some makeup, and I only use mods to "fix" things that don't work or that truly bug me.
    Edit: I must have my wedding gowns and veils as well :D
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    #TeamMods
    MCCC starded my mod loving obsession. I really missed having story progression in the game among other features that MCCC can provide for us that wasn't in game.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    #TeamMods
    Love.gif
    I love being able to bend the game more to want I want it to be.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    #TeamVanilla

Basically this!
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    #TeamMods
    Don't really use CC - no CAS CC at least; I do have a couple of mods that are marked as CC, one that unlocks the bulletin board from the San Myshuno apartments so they can be placed elsewhere; haven't found a place in my Sims' homes yet where it will work, but I might try and make space at the library or one of my venues for it. I also have BrazenLotus' Sprinkler mod which does include sprinklers which are CC. I do use quite a few mods to enable my type of playstyle. For example, when I'm putting households from Not in World category into houses, I use freerealestate to place them, then I go in and play the family briefly to set outfits, then I'll use UI Cheats to give them a few skill points and jobs for the adults so the game doesn't stick them in the food carts or restaurants. Then I'll stick them in Unplayed Households and let MCCC take over. I also have a few mods that speed up programming, writing and painting so they don't take as long. And I have a mod that tones down the environmental buffs so my Sims don't feel so bipolar (come home Sad from school then immediately switch to Happy the minute they walk in the door) and another that lets Sims call their friends anytime and build relationship while talking.

So yeah, #TeamMods B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)