Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Selvadorada/Omiscan Jungle Map *in progress*

katandmarikatandmari Posts: 438 Member
I'm working out a map of sorts for everyone confused by which gates in the jungle go where. It might take a day or 2 to finish as I still haven't gotten the gate to the island to open yet, and I was only able to get to the Royal gardens once, and that gate has been locked since. I forgot to get shots of it. I hope this is helpful to you.

Here is the main map overview, and where all the locations you can visit are approximately located (I'm 90% certain these are close to correct :s )

Teaxd77.jpg

To enter the jungle go to Belomisia Trailhead Park and enter through Gate 1 located just of the site near the restrooms

Rf0xMlI.jpg

Post edited by katandmari on

Comments

• katandmarikatandmari Posts: 438 Member
    edited March 2018
    Area 1 contains 2 gates (not counting the one you just went through), an avocado tree, an excavation site and a poohoo bush. The falls give off a flirty aura.

UozoavI.jpg

Going through Gate 2 will take you to the crash site which contains a treasure chest and 3 excavation
    sites

9M8v0cL.jpg

FgHUJuJ.jpg

Gate 3 will take you to Area 2, this is where the temple gate is located. If you are trying to get to the temple go this way.

8NyGnOA.jpg
    edited March 2018
    Area 2 is the one with 4 gates (again not counting the one you went through to get there). There is also one excavation site and a tree of emotions and a few poohoo bushes.

EbQykiz.jpg

Gate 4 leads to the Royal Baths and Gardens

wYbfEey.jpg

Gate 5 leads to a hidden pool area (the one with the gator)
    cVvzrTb.jpg

Gate 6 leads to the temple. There is only one Temple Gate. It will lock for a time after you complete the temple, when you go back it will be in the same location but a different temple inside. The building looks the same from the outside I believe

Y6qfMjW.jpg

This I believe leads to the Mysterious Island. *It has yet to be available to my sim*

dKZdQv9.jpg

edited March 2018
    Going through Gate 4 gets you to the Royal Baths. Once my sim even encountered some local Elder swimming in the pool. Aside from the skeleton in the temple, that's the only time I encountered NPCs or random sims while in the jungle. Here there is one excavation site and a tree of emotions. The Baths give off an energizing aura

*here is another gate 4b, this leads to the Royal gardens, I did not get pics the first time I found it and the gate had been locked each subsequent visit. Finally got through though. There is 2 trees of emotions and a black bean bush, an avocado tree and a plantain tree in the garden. There is also a treasure chest in the back. Be sure to look at it from the angle in the picture *when I actually post it, it's not here right now* *sorry I need some sleep* as I missed the chest the first time I went. It's not very visible from the angle where you enter. That's it I think. I'll post a pic sometime today.

mVI85SL.jpg
    edited March 2018
    Gate 5 leads to a Hidden Pool Area There is a treasure chest and a Fishing hole. And a cute gator swimming in the water.

EbWVfkC.jpg
    *Hold for map pics5
    hold for map pics6
    hold for map pics 7
  • EvokeEvoke Posts: 416 Member
    I still get lost, but I made these top down maps that might help you out a little in figuring out were to go. Still adding finer details to them (like effects from the waterfall etc), but should help with general navigation
    S9d2la2.png
    Youtube || Website
    Tutorials, tips, tricks, lets plays for Sims 4
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i finally got to the island today! you've marked the correct gate leading to it. (island has a fishing spot, a few crocs swimming, and a chest)

also, both the island and the hidden pool area (both places with crocs), the fishing spots do indeed both have electric eels, which is nice

double also, there's a black bean bush next to the avacado tree in the royal gardens. one spot to collect all three new plants. though, i'm surprised there's no plantains or...well, a few more of each plant

triple also, for the temple, the general shape stays the same, but there can definitely be noticeable differences. the second visit i paid to it, there was a tree sticking out the top! that defintely wasn't there the first time (it had two dig spots and nothing else up there the first time)
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i finally got to the island today! you've marked the correct gate leading to it. (island has a fishing spot, a few crocs swimming, and a chest)

also, both the island and the hidden pool area (both places with crocs), the fishing spots do indeed both have electric eels, which is nice

double also, there's a black bean bush next to the avacado tree in the royal gardens. one spot to collect all three new plants. though, i'm surprised there's no plantains or...well, a few more of each plant

triple also, for the temple, the general shape stays the same, but there can definitely be noticeable differences. the second visit i paid to it, there was a tree sticking out the top! that defintely wasn't there the first time (it had two dig spots and nothing else up there the first time)

4th trip for this sim, still no island...grrrr

Oh yes the electric eels, I will add those.

Yes, I finally made it back to the gardens, got a good pic for it, I will add sometime today. as I need to get some sleep first. But there is a plantain tree in there as well. and a treasure chest

Yes the inside is different, with the top floors changing some as well. I love the one with the tree sticking out the top!
    Evoke wrote: »
    I still get lost, but I made these top down maps that might help you out a little in figuring out were to go. Still adding finer details to them (like effects from the waterfall etc), but should help with general navigation

I'm pretty good with directions, and puzzles so I haven't had any trouble with getting lost, so far. I didn't realize someone was making maps already, I'm almost done ... so I guess I'll still finish. I don't have an offsite location to put mine :(
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Thanks for doing this!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    katandmari wrote: »

I'm pretty good with directions, and puzzles so I haven't had any trouble with getting lost, so far. I didn't realize someone was making maps already, I'm almost done ... so I guess I'll still finish. I don't have an offsite location to put mine :(

Eh their website is confusing. I prefer your info here in the forum. I’ll check back for more updates :)
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Eh their website is confusing. I prefer your info here in the forum. I’ll check back for more updates :)

Mind if I ask what's confusing about it?
    S9d2la2.png
    Youtube || Website
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Thanks! I'm currently in the middle of building for the 64x64 lot there so I haven't played yet. This will be helpful to have an idea, especially for sims with only so many vacation days! :mrgreen:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
    and yeah, thanks for doing these maps, both @katandmari and @evoke
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    You get a Confident aura from the crash site and an Inspired aura from the viewing platform.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    You get a Confident aura from the crash site and an Inspired aura from the viewing platform.

which viewing platform?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2018

Mind if I ask what's confusing about it?

Well, since you asked...

I see HTML code underneath some of the links on the webpage you linked to, specifically the Related section. It makes it look unprofessional to me and confusing I’m sure to those who don’t know what it means.

You attached the same image for some of the locations.

Some of the icons should be switched with others. For example, you have a dig site where the fishing location is and they should be switched around.

You’re making us click on the icon to see a small picture and then we have to click out to go to another picture and repeat the cycle for every icon, too much work.

Also if we want to see different sections of the map like a different location entirely, we have to back out from the picture we just clicked on, scroll down, and then click on a different link under the Related section.

All in all it requires way too many clicks for my taste. It’s much easier to get the information I desire by easily reading and viewing it as the OP is putting the map together here in a much simpler format.
    the overlook that has an emotions tree next to it. looks kind of like a giant diving board and has an amazing view of...well, basically everything... part of area #2 on your map
  • Caitie85Caitie85 Posts: 156 Member

which viewing platform?

He's talking about this viewing platform:

tumblr_p4zwebDbwu1uolshoo2_1280.png

It's off of Area #2, in the lower left corner of your screenshot, right past the Tree of Emotions.
    Kickin' back in Sulani.
    Well, since you asked....

Thanks Chazzzy, I really do appreciate the feedback. I can work on making it simpler. The whole idea is for it to be easy to view/use. On the larger maps (like the Willow Creek one, it got a little difficult to hover over the icons, because they were so close together. I didn't think it'd be bad to re-use images either :(

I don't know what the heck is going on with the code down the bottom so I'll look into that for sure.

Thank you for the feedback! :D appreciate it
    S9d2la2.png
    Youtube || Website
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Caitie85 wrote: »

which viewing platform?

He's talking about this viewing platform:

tumblr_p4zwebDbwu1uolshoo2_1280.png

It's off of Area #2, in the lower left corner of your screenshot, right past the Tree of Emotions.

Yes, that one.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Thank you all for the images
  • pendragon1980pendragon1980 Posts: 436 Member
    The gated areas, the 5 & 7, appear to be randomized because sometimes 5 will be open for me and others it's shut on the same sim.

Maybe 7 is also random but lower chance of being open?